Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 5: Into the Sunlight

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance with me 5 Into the sunlight

by venom_69

TITLE: Dance with me 5 Into the sunlight
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail
Category: Romance, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 5
This story is a sequel to: Dance with me 4 Through bitter dissapointment
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: The disappointment is gone, but can they just walk straight back into the sunlight?
Disclaimer: Stargate. Not mine. 'Because you loved me' Not mine. No lawsuits please.
Author's notes: It is 11:30 at night, my dad is repeatedly It is too late to be up writing, but What can I say? 'When inspiration comes knocking, you never ignore the door.' So that would be why I am still up writing this thing. It's not exactly a smart course of action considering Mrs. J is continuously telling me to get more sleep but after going through three days of writers block, I'd stay up all night if it meant being able to get some more of this god damn series done. Also I would like you all to remember that it is 2:30 in the morning and the song lyrics are off the top of my head. Sorry if they're wrong. :(
Dedication: Kudos and Kisses to my beta reader LEW. To Buffy, for being the best friend a girl can have, want, or ask for. And most importantly for 'Aunty Bronwyn,' for caring enough to get involved in a young girl's life, who is more trouble then she is worth. I will love you for everything that you've done for me and hope that once I get out of that god for saken school there will be another screwed up kid that you can help. You do more than they pay you for and this dedication may be all that I can give you but the sentiment is there. You are a wonderful person with a HUGHE heart. Okay, enough soap boxing, on with the story.
Feedback: If I didn't want it then I wouldn't post these stories. Get the hint??
Date: Monday 14th January 2002

I hate this.

I see Sam everyday, I see her deteriorating emotional state, and all I'm allowed to do is stand by and watch. She's worn out and the sunlight that usually appears in her eyes is gone. She has permanent bags on her face, and I know that a lot of her time in her lab is spent crying.

All because some stupid asshole in Washington doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, it means that we can't be together. Just because some fat, balding old man can't get a girl to save his life, it means that when Sam and I finally found love we get told to leave it.

The worst thing is that because we are both honorable people, we are doing exactly what they want us to do.

It's been a week.

A week since we've made love, a week since we've kissed and a week since I was able to hold her in my arms and tell her that she means the world to me.

I want to be with her and I want to tell her that I love her and I want to hold her and tell her that everything will be alright.

But I can't.

The shrill ringing of my phone snaps me out of my reverie.

"O'Neill" I answer, shortly. I don't need to be talking to people, I need to be with Sam.

"Jack?" a quivering voice answers.

"Angel?" I ask, unconsciously.

"Jack. Help me." she begs before the phone goes dead. Not before I hear the tell-tale signs of someone hitting the ground.

Oh god! What's happened to her!

I quickly scramble out of my chair and out of my office. The Airman who is standing guard outside of my office gives me a funny look as I run down the hall to the elevator. Hitting the button for level 26 I lean against the wall of the elevator and hope like hell that Sam's okay.

The elevator seems to take forever to get to level 26. Even though there are only a few floors between the labs and my office, the Stargate ride would feel like an eternity if I though that Sam was hurt.

I run into the lab corridor and head towards Sam's.

The door is closed and my guess would be that Sam wanted some privacy in case she broke down in tears. I know, I've been doing it a lot lately too.

"Sam?" I call when I enter her lab. I can't see her in here, and I would swear that she had left, except for the fact that the pone has been pulled off the wall.

I walk slowly around the bench that lies in the middle of the room, almost afraid of what I'll find.

"Sammy? Oh God!" I exclaim, when I see her slouched on the ground with the phone in her hand.

I pick her up, in my arms, cursing softly as I feel how light she is. God, when was the last time she ate? Probably the last time that I made her breakfast in bed. That was a week ago, for crying out loud.

I carry her down to the elevator and hit the button for level 28 with my foot. We get to level 27 and the elevator stops.

"What? Oh come on!" I exclaim loudly as the doors open and two female airman walk in.

"Sir, is Major Carter alright?" One of them asks. Summers I think her name is. The other one, Julie something or other shows her friends concern, but doesn't say anything.

"She'll be fine as soon as I get her to the Infirmary." I say nodding my thanks at Summers as she closes the door to the elevator and presses the level 28 button again.

We arrive on the infirmary level and I run with Sam still in my arms into Janet's office. She's sitting at her desk, working on a laptop when she finally looks up, obviously hearing me come in.

"Jesus, Jack. What the hell happened to her?" She asks, ushering me to put Sam on one of the gurneys.

"She called me and asked for my help and when I got into the labs I found her like this. She's way too light. I don't know when the last time she ate was but my guess is that it's been a few days." I tell he, watching as she goes into 'Doctor mode' and starts checking Sam's vitals and making sure she's alright.

I know that it's been a week since I've picked her up but she is still way too light.

"She's slipped into a coma, get me an IV stat! I want fluid and sustenance being pumped into her five minutes ago!" Janet yells. The nurses swarm around her and Sam immediately as they start putting tubes and needles into her.

~*~*~

I have been sitting in this same chair, holding Sam's hand, for almost two days. The General came by earlier, I was asleep with Sam's hand against my head, and he took one look at me and sighed.

He told me that he wanted to see how Sam was doing and then he said that he had been a stupid old fool and he went passed the military and straight to the President who said that Sam and I could be together as long as we behaved professionally during work hours, what we did in our own time was our own business.

I thanked him, got so excited that I actually got up and hugged him, then exclaimed that Sam would be thrilled, but then reality came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks.

Sam is in a coma.

Janet said that it really wasn't a coma, more like a very deep sleep. It's funny but this is kind of how our relationship started. With her being underweight, exhausted, and really *really* tired. I took care of her then and now I have this helpless feeling because I can't get her out of this one by nursing he back to health.

The doc also told me that Sam was basically tired and malnourished and that she would come out of this once her body has restored itself back to her normal weight and once she had gotten enough sleep.

I just hope that it's soon.

"Come on Sammy I need you. Hammond said that we can be together. I can't be in a relationship with someone who sleeps 24/7. Open your precious baby blues for me." I say to her sleeping form.

"Keep talking to her, Jack. I hear it helps" I hear the voice that belongs to Daniel say from the door.

"Hey Danny boy. Come in, I could use someone who'll talk back to me. One sided conversations are so boring." I say with a failed attempt at humor.

"Give it a rest jack, we all know that you love the sound of your own voice." I hear someone say, Someone who can either imitate Sam's voice very well or Sam's woken up.

I look over to her on the bed, almost afraid that it wasn't her and I was dreaming again, but I'm euphoric when I see her blues eyes staring straight back at me.

I think that I hear Daniel mutter something about getting Janet and leaving us alone for a minute, but my attention is completely focused on Sam.

"Hey, Angel. You had me worried there for while." I scold her gently.

"Sorry, I guess that I was just more tired than I thought." She says quietly.

"Well next time you get tired, take a nap. Don't go collapsing on me like that or I'll be then next member of SG-1 in here, suffering from a heart-attack." I say, gently.

Before she has a chance to respond, Janet comes in. She immediately starts checking Sam's vitals, and declares her well enough to leave the infirmary.

"You'll need someone staying with you, just in case you decide to pull another stunt like the one in your lab." Janet informs her, looking at me, obviously assuming that I'll volunteer for the job.

She wasn't wrong.

"I'll take Sam back to my place and stay with her. How long do you recommend?" I ask.

"I want you to take a week off and then you can come back in and I'll give you a check up before I'll clear you for active duty. Deal?" She asks, and Sam and I both nod.

~*~*~

"Angel, are you comfortable?" I ask, walking into my room where Sam is currently resting.

We got home about an hour ago and Sam said she was tired so I put her to be. She wasn't a happy camper when I carried her from the car to the bedroom but I told her that, because I love her, she should humor me.

"Yeah, I'm okay. But we need to talk." She says, looking down at the quilt on the bed.

"Angel, I know what you're going to say, and I want you to forget it. Hammond got clearance from the Big Guy himself. We can be together. So I want you to know that I will always love you and I would be honored if you'd dance with me." I say, holding out my hand to her, which she graciously accepts.

And we begin to sway softly to the music.

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right.
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby,
You're the one who helped me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through
Through it all

Were both being careful of each other, both very well aware that Sam is still weak.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'll be forever thankful baby,
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was
Loved by you.

"I love you Angel, always" I whisper softly.

You gave me wings to make me fly
You touch my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith you gave it back to me
You saw the best there was in me
You stood by me and I still told
I had your love, I had it all
You're the one who saw me through
Through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
I'll be forever thankful baby,
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because
I was loved by you.

"I love you too jack. I'm so glad that we can be together. I don't know what I'd do without you in my life." she whispers softly as her body starts to shake with sobs.

I maneuver us over to the bed, and we both lay down together as the horror of the last week is released, through tears.

I know that we'll get through this.

Together.

The bitter disappointment is over and we've walked into the sunlight.

~*~*~

The end.

awww wasn't that sweet? :)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69