Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 4: Through Bitter Disappointment

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me:4 Through bitter disappointment

by venom_69

TITLE: Dance With Me:4 Through bitter disappointment
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail
Category: Romance, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 5
This story is a sequel to: Dance with me 3: Finding out
Series: Dance with me
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: sexual situations, swearing
Status: Completed
Summary: Thing's don't always go as we want them to.
Disclaimer: I don't own the ppl in Stargate nor do I own the song
'Nothing's gonna change my love for you.' That belongs to whoever wrote it and sung it. I don't remember who they are so lets just say that it's not mine.
Author's notes: Authors notes: I know that this isn't type of stuff I write, but as the good old cliche goes 'change is as good as a holiday.' So I decided that I would give it a go. The only problem being that, the next story in this series will follow my normal pattern. so look out for Dance With Me: 5 Into the sunlight! I'm Starting it now.
Dedication: Kudos and Kisses to my beta reader LEW, as always you do a wonderful job with my awful spelling and syntax. And to Buffy and her mum. TYSM for letting me use your Internet computer to post my stories and check my e-mail during the school holidays. My what boring times these are.
Feedback: If I didn't want it then I wouldn't post these stories. Get the hint??
Date: Monday 14th January 2002

"How long do we have off?" Jack asked me from his position behind the steering wheel. Even when we get time off he still doesn't listen to Hammond.

"Three days. Do you ever listen to the briefings?" I asked, humorlacing my tone.

"Well, no, not really. You are a lot more interesting to look at than Hammond." he said smiling.

"Thanks." I say. "I think."

He can be so daft sometimes. He hardly listens to the mission briefings and rarely contributes to the De-briefings. Not only does he not look interested but he hardly ever tries to hide it anymore. He just sits there doodling on his note pad.

But, despite his lack of interest in certain parts of his job, I guess thatis probably just another thing that I love about him.

Things are going pretty well between Jack and I. I know that we've only been together for a short time, but things are going really well.

Technically we still live apart, but most of my stuff is at Jack's and whenever I think of home, the first place that comes to mind isn't the one that I moved into when I came to Colorado. So, yeah Technically we don't live together, but that's only because not everybody knows about us.

Hammond still doesn't know about us. Admittedly I don't like lying to him, he's like a father figure to me. Considering the fact that my real father lives on another planet with, in the words of Jack, a snake in his head. And besides he also told me that he felt like a father figure to me and he looked upon me as a daughter.

Now I feel like I'm betraying him.

We pull into the driveway and I'm slowly snapped out of my reverie when the car jolts to a stop.

"Honey, I'm home!" Jack quips. Always the sarcastic one.

We get out of the car together and I move a little ahead of Jack up the three steps to the front door. I pull me keys out of my bag and open the door.

We enter the house together, in silence, and we move about the living room. Dumping our coats, Jack getting us a beer each while I look in the cupboard for something to have for dinner.

I can't cook to save my life but during the month we have been together, Jack has started teaching me the basics of cooking. My culinary expertise is far from five star but I'm slowly getting there.

"Sam? Are you alright angel?" Jack asks me. From the look on his face, I am going to go out on a limb and say that he has been standing in front of me, waving my beer under my nose for a few minutes.

"Sorry." I say, looking at him apologetically. "I guess I was just somewhere else." I finish smiling reassuringly.

"You didn't answer my question." He says, handing me my beer. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, Jack, I'm fine nothing to worry about." I say with an encouraging smile accompanying me words.

~*~*~

I'm laying with my head on Jack's naked chest. His arm is tracing lazy patterns across my naked back. We're just laying here, together, enjoying the joys and calm that comes after some of the most incredible sex that I have ever had.

I don't know what it is but every time Jack and I are laying in his bed together, I always feel like nothing in the world could hurt me. Like his arms could keep me safe from anything that would try and damage me in any way.

Finally working up the courage, I turn my head to look at Jack. I know that he won't like what I have to say but being the caring man that he is I know he'll hear me out before he jumps down my throat.

"Jack, we need to talk." I say quietly, barely above a whisper.

"Angel? What's wrong?" he asks just as quietly.

"I'm sick of hiding how we feel. I want to tell Hammond. I think that it's the right thing to do." I say, looking into his eyes. I hope that he isn't mad at me for the suggestion.

"Why? I love you, Sam, and if we tell Hammond then there is a big chance that he'll either split up the team or make us stop the relationship. I won't accept being split up because I couldn't handle not being able to watch your back and I wouldn't trust anyone else to watch mine. The second option is not acceptable because you are my world and I won't let you go." he said, looking at me like I as crazy for even suggesting the idea in the first place.

"Jack I hate hiding the fact that I love you, and I feel like I'm betraying the General by not telling him." I say, sitting up and using the sheet to cover myself.

"If it will ease your mind and make you feel better than we can go and see the General when we get back to work. For now can we just enjoy being together please?" He asks.

I suppose that it's a fair compromise. We can enjoy the next two days together and then we can go and see the General, and tell him everything.

"Okay. So, flyboy, I suppose that you have something planned to keep me occupied for the next two days?" I ask, coyly.

"Yep. The lawns need mowing and the garden needs weeding." He quips back, playfully.

"Guess again." I say rolling on top of him, our lips locking firmly together.

~*~*~

Here we are.

On a date. The one that may be our very last date. Yes, it's then night before we tell Hammond and we decided to go out on a date and have some fun.

"Sam, you know that I love you and I ant you to know that no matter what happens tomorrow, nothing will *ever* change my love for you." Jack says, standing up and walking around to stand beside my chair. "May I have this dance?"

"Of course." I reply.

I think that this whole dancing thing is our 'thing' now. We dance to at least one song that has a significant meaning every week.

If I had to live my life without you near me
The days would all be empty
The nights would seem so long
With you I see forever oh, so clearly
I might have been in love before
But it never felt this strong

We sway slightly to the music and Jack holds me close.

Our dreams are young and we both know
They'll take us where we wan to go
hold me no
Touch me now
I don't want to live without you

This song has more meaning than any of the others that we've danced to. Because I know that I don't want to live without Jack and he has told me repeatedly that he doesn't want to live without me.

Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love
Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you

I guess that he must have requested this song. Either that or he has become psychic and that's how he knew what to say to me before he asked me to dance.

The world may change my whole life through
but nothing's gonna change my love for you.
If the road ahead is not so easy
Our love will lead the way for us
Like a guiding star
I'll be there for you if you should need me
You don't have to change a thing
I love you just the way you are
So come with me and share the view
Hold me now
Touch me now
I don't want to live without you.

I can feel a few lone tears trickle down my face at his selection for our song. I know that Hammond will say yes. He's a closet romantic.

Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love
Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you

~*~*~

Hammond said no.

He told us, and I quote, 'If you two can't control yourselves then you can either sever this relationship now or you can be put on separate teams and you will still have to stop this relationship. What do you choose?'

Obviously we chose the former as opposed to the latter. I would rather be able to work with Jack than be forced to not be him at all.

So now here I am.

Laying in my sleeping bag on a foreign planet pretending to be asleep while Daniel and Jack are taking watch.

There really isn't any need to though. We've been to this planet before and this is a follow up mission, but Daniel said he can't sleep and since I can't either I'm guessing that's the reason the Jack's taking watch.

"You still love her, don't you?" I hear Daniel ask.

I know that Jack has been staring at me ever since I turned in for the night. Truth be told if the shoe was on the other foot then I would more than likely be staring at him. But did Daniel really have to bring it up?

"Danny, I never stopped loving her and I never will." Jack replies quietly. I can still hear him though.

"The military regulations suck." He finally exclaims back. "I mean I really don't get it. They tell you that you aren't allowed to be in love, so you both walk around miserable." Thank you Daniel, we both *so* needed to be reminded of that.

"Danny, can we not talk about this please?" Jack asks and I can hear the mixture of sadness, depression, and unshed tears in his voice.

Oh god, I miss him!

"Just answer one question for me." Daniel asks, I guess that Jack must have nodded because Daniel continues. "If Sam was willing to do it, would you continue your relationship in secret?" He asks.

"We started this relationship in secret and I would give my right leg to continue it. But Sam didn't like the whole sneaking around thing, so we stopped. I love her and respect her too much to make her do that again." He answers quietly.

Jack announces that he's tired and he's turning in for the night.

I close my eyes as he walks over to me and gets into his sleeping bag which is next to mine. I open my eyes again after a minute and see a tear trickle down Jack's face as he looks at me, and then I fee my body respond in kind as I finally let a few tears escape my eyes, which have been watery for the last three days.

"Nothing's gonna change my love for you." He whispers to me quietly, before closing his eyes and letting sleep overtake his body. Maybe now the bags under his eyes will begin to lift.

"I will always love you Jack." I tell him just as quietly.

I see a small smile cross his features. He obviously needed the confirmation that I still fell the same way for him as he does for me.

I will never forgive the General for doing this to me.

To us.

~*~*~

The End.

Don't worry, by the time you get to read this the next part will be almost finished. What? You actually thought that I could just leave the series there? Not a chance in Sokar!!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69