Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 7: Wise Men Say

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me: 7 Wise men say

by venom_69

TITLE: Dance With Me: 7 Wise men say
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail
Category: Romance, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Cold Lazurus, Jolinar's memories/The devil you know. Only because of their references to Charlie.
Season: 4
This story is a sequel to: Dance With Me: 6 Into the sunlight
Series: Dance with me
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: language
Status: Completed
Summary: Jack's not as dumb as we all think.
Disclaimer: I don't own this. Or whatever song I happen to use in it. Unless I develop some serious talent between now and when I finish the story then the song used isn't mine.
Author's notes: This one's for you, Buff. Especially the 'crayon' thing. I know how much you love that saying and I thought that I would use it just for you. In return, you can get back to your writing and stop complaining that you suck at Fan fic. Dude, you know you rule!
Feedback: Not even a question.

It's been a week.

I've known that I was pregnant with Jack's child for a whole week now, and I still haven't had the guts to tell him.

I'm not afraid of telling him, I just don't know how I feel about it yet so quite understandably I'm still not ready for someone else's point of view.

Janet has taken me of duty for another two weeks. She told the General, and the rest of my team, that she didn't want to risk me fainting while on duty. They bough it and so did Jack. At least I think he did. Contrary to popular human belief, Jack is not stupid. he may act it sometimes, but he's not. I don't know if he's figured out what is wrong with me but if he has then he's keeping quiet about it.

I moved into his house three days ago. We are going well but I'm starting to think that it wasn't a good idea. Not that I don't love him and it's not that I don't want to marry him, it's just that before, if I needed to be alone then I could go home. Now if I want to go home, there is another person there with me.

I need to tell him.

It's not like I can hide it forever. I mean the morning sickness is getting worse, and so far I have managed to not be sick anywhere near Jack. I can't hide this forever.

"Angel, can I talk to you for a minute?" Jack asks, coming into the bedroom, where I have spent the last hour thinking.

"Okay." I reply, a little wary of where this conversation could be heading. I've been doing the very same thing ever since I found out that I was pregnant.

"Well, I was thinking, we've been engaged for a little over a week and we still haven't told Daniel or Teal'c, or Hammond for that matter. Why don't we invite them over for a meal, and then we can tell them that we are going to get hitched and if you feel comfortable, we can tell them that you're pregnant." he says. My head snaps up with my eyes wide.

How did he know?

More to the point, why isn't he mad that I told him?

"How'd you know?" I ask, softly.

"Sam, I'm not as dumb as I look. I know that you've been throwing up everyday, and I can see how green you go at the sight of food and your hormones are going haywire. Don't take this the wrong way, but Sara was like this when she was pregnant and we didn't find out for a month. I learnt real quick to pick up on the signs." He tells me, gently.

"Why aren't you mad at me for not telling you?" I ask, very quietly.

"Because I love you, I want to marry you and I want to have children with you, but not until you're ready. If you aren't ready for this then I understand. I knew from the minute you waked out of Janet's office. But if figured that if you needed time to sort things out in your head then I figured that I'd let you be. I know that things like this take a while to get used to and I had hoped that you would talk to me about it but I understand that you needed some space. I love you enough to understand that you needed me to give you the space you need." He tells me, in the sweetest tone.

Now I don't remember why I never told him.

"Thank you, I really do appreciate you giving me my space. I needed to get used to the idea before I could talk about it." I tell him, finally finding the courage to look up at him. The love that is written plainly across his features almost makes me want to cry.

Damn hormones.

"I feel like I owe you an explanation." I tell him, softly.

"Admittedly, it would be nice, but I don't expect it and you don't owe me anything."

"This isn't the first time that I've been pregnant." To Jack's credit, he doesn't have heart failure. "I fell pregnant when I was with Jonas. He told me to get rid of the baby, he called my baby an 'it' and he talked about my pregnancy as if it was a national tragedy. To my way of thinking fathers weren't supposed to be like that. . . " I trail off as my tears begin to overwhelm me.

Jack get into the bed with me and pulls me against him, while one hand is constantly stroking my hair.

"Angel, most father are ecstatic about the thought of having a child. It's the most amazing thing in the world, you feel like you have just created the eighth wonder of the world." He tells me, kissing the top of my head.

"That's what I had expected, but as soon as I told him, first he accused me of sleeping around, then he accused me of conceiving a child on purpose and then he told me that he would take me to a place to get rid of it. That's the only time that I ever stood up to him, he beat me senseless for raising my voice to him and the last punch he threw at me, made me loose my balance and I fell back against the nightstand that was beside our bed. My stomach hit the side of it and the next thing I knew, I woke up in a hospital bed with a nurse telling me that 'my horrible fall had subsequently resulted in the loss of my child.' I was mortified and I never forgave him or myself for it." I finish, snuggling further into the bed with Jack.

"Sammy, I am so sorry that you had to go through that and you know that if I could change it I would. But I can't so I won't dwell on that fact, I'll just tell you that I love you and that I will stand by you no matter what happens." He tells me.

Kissing the top of my head, his hand lightly massages my stomach, which isn't really showing my pregnancy yet.

Which also makes me wonder, how far along am I?

I roll over so that my body is stretched over Jack's, with my elbows holding my body up so I don't squash the baby.

"Well, since you can't do anything to change the past, why don't you do something productive in the immediate future?" I ask, tilting my face up to give him a mind-blowing kiss.

"If you say so ma'am." He tells me smiling.

Even if things aren't completely straightened out in my head, I know that Jack loves me and that's all I need right now.

~*~*~

Well I finally did it.

I finally told Sam that I knew about her being pregnant. Okay so technically I wasn't positive, it was really just a hunch, but I figured that if she laughed in my face and told me that I was nuts, then I'd know that I was wrong.

I wasn't.

She was shocked that I had figured it out. Mind you, if the shoe was on the other foot and I was Sam, then I'd be surprised too. I'm not exactly what you'd call the brightest crayon in the box.

"So, what do you think about my idea for a dinner party type thing?" I ask her, gently kissing the top of her head which is currently found a nice resting place on my chest.

"If you think that it's a good idea, then we'll do it." She tells me, sleepily.

"You don't think it's a good idea?" I ask, suddenly worried that she's not happy about where we are heading.

"No, I think it's a great idea, it's just that there is one flaw in your plan." She says. There's a flaw? What?

"And what 'flaw' would that be?" I ask.

"Well, I assume that you want Daniel to be your best man, and I know that I want Janet to be my maid of honor, and if we have them over for dinner, then there is a big chance that I'll poison them with my awful cooking." She says, smiling.

I have to laugh at he statement. She isn't that bad at cooking. Not really.

"We'll order pizza." I tell her, enjoying the sound of her laugh. It's the first time that she made any sound resembling a laugh in the last week. It's a good sound. I like hearing it and I think that it's one of the many things that made me fall in love with her.

~*~*~

A dinner party.

I like the sound of that. Jack and I can invite all of our friends and then we can tell them all about our engagement. . . and the baby.

I like the idea of that now. I probably should have talked to Jack about it as soon as I found out. Oh well, at the very least I feel so much better and Janet will be pleased. She was really disappointed in me when I came out of her office and told Jack that I was 'fine.' Yeah, so now, after I talked to Jack, I am fine but there was a moment there when I thought that I was well and truly screwed up.

I just kept having flashbacks of when I was pregnant and still engaged to Jonas. I remember how he reacted and it just sacred me so much that my feelings were too out of control for me to handle, but now, I think that I'm OK. We both are, and I know that together we can get through this.

I have to admit, it has most certainly been a very interesting week. First, I found out that I wasn't pregnant and I was disappointed, then Jack asked me to marry him and I was thrilled, and then I found out that I *was* pregnant, and I didn't know how I felt about it. I should have been delighted when I found out. I always imagined that if I ever had a baby with someone that I love that I would be over the moon. So what happens? I find out that I am having a baby with the man I love and my emotions are so up and down that I can't even bring myself to tell him.

Not how I imagined it.

But now, things are better. Jack knows, and is happy about it, we are going to tell the others, and with any luck they will be happy about it as well.

~*~*~

I'm happy.

Sam is having my baby and I couldn't be happier. At first, or should I say when I first though she was pregnant, I wasn't unhappy I just wasn't sure how I was feeling. Granted, I have imagined what a child with Sam would look like, what he or she would be like, but then again when Sara found out she was pregnant I had the same feeling. I imagined what they would look like, what it would be like to teach them how to play baseball. You wonder what their favorite food will be, what their hobbies will be and what it would be like to be a father.

I know what it's like to be a father, I know what it's like to teach them to play baseball, I know what he looked like, I know that his favorite food was chocolate, I know that his hobbies were climbing trees and making tree-houses, and I also know what it's like to have them die in your arms.

I know what it's like to see the blood seeping out of them while they look up at you and apologies for doing something that they know they shouldn't have. I now know the terror you feel when you rush them to the local hospital trying to stop the flow of blood from their chest.

I also know what it's like to have an entity crystal take the form of my deceased son and try to get back through the Stargate, while you try not to freak out your ex-wife.

I never want to know what any of that's like ever again.

As they say, you learn from your mistakes, and I would like to think that I have learnt a very valuable lesson from hat happened to Charlie.

I will *not* under any circumstances let what happened to Charlie, happen to this baby.

~*~*~

I think that Jack is thinking about Charlie.

I don't blame him. I know that when I found out about the baby, my thoughts immediate turned to the last time that I felt a child growing inside of me.

"Do you think that our baby will be a boy or a girl?" I ask Jack, in a small attempt to not let him become too deeply involved in his thoughts.

"As long as the baby is healthy then I don't really mind." He says, smiling at the though of hat our baby will be like.

I roll off Jack's chest and turn over to the nightstand, taking a quick glance at the clock I press the 'sleep' button and the soft sounds of the radio fill the room.

"May I have this dance?" I ask, after standing up and putting my silk robe on, while holding out my hand as an invitation to dance.

Jack nods, and stands up to mimic my actions and put his silk robe on.

He takes my hand and we begin to dance, only just swaying softly to the mellow beat of the music.

Wise men say,
'Only fools rush in'
But I can't help,
Falling in love
With you

Jack place one hand around my waist, while the other hand takes mine. I think that we will definitely be alright now.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help,
Falling in love
With you

Jack softly mouths the words to me. He really does have a romantic streak. Not that you'd know it upon first meeting him. It takes time for him to reveal it to a person, and even then you don't see it very often. You just have to look at the way he proposed to me. It was a very 'Jack' thing to do. He didn't get down on one knee, they probably couldn't handle the pressure, he didn't take me to some big, expensive, restaurant. Not that I would have objected to that but it's not the sort of thing that he would do.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be

"I love you, Angel." He whispers to me. "You and the little miracle that we've created." He says, placing a hand on my stomach.

Take my hand,
Take my whole life too
For I can't help,
Falling in love
With you.

"I love you too." I manage to say, before I have to run to the bathroom to throw up my breakfast.

Ah, god bless morning sickness.

~*~*~

the end.

I didn't really like that part so I don't expect you to. Send feedback anyway.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69