Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dance With Me 6: I Can Do This

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me: 6 I can do this

by venom_69

TITLE: Dance With Me: 6 I can do this
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail
Category: Romance, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 4
This story is a sequel to: Dance with me: 5 Through bitter disappointment
Series: Dance with me
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: language
Status: Completed
Summary: The bitter disappointment is over, but can Sam and Jack just walk straight back into the sunlight?
Disclaimer: Not mine. See wasn't that easy? 'Born to love you' belongs to Queen and their crew. May Freddie rest in peace.
Author's notes: I want to apologize to those who live in Australia. Like me. For the whole 'shrimp' thing, I know that us Aussie’s call 'em prawns but I figured that we'd keep the Yanks happy. And now I want to apologize to the Americans, for the 'mum' thing. I know that you pronounce and spell it mom, but I figured that since I went with the shrimp thing you guys could deal with the mum thing. Now I want to apologize to everyone who just read my very confusing authors notes. I know what I meant, Buff knows what I meant so we'll just leave it at that.
Dedication: As always, Kudos and Kisses to my beta reader LEW and for the newest addition to my family, Tango. She's a great little dog who is lots of fun to play with, despite the fact that her last owner mistreated her.
Feedback: Hello? Do you really need to ask that? Of course I want feedback.
Date: Tuesday 15th January 2002

Okay, I can do this.

It's simple, Blue if positive, pink if negative.

That's not hard. If it's not hard then why am I shaking?

It never occurred to me that the reason I fainted could be because I'm pregnant. Jack says that I had lost a lot of weight. Apparently he noticed when he carried me to the infirmary. I though that the reason I was throwing up everything that I ate was either because I had caught a virus that was circulating around or I was just depressed because Hammond sad that Jack and I couldn't be together.

Personally I think that the latter is more likely as opposed to the former. After all, throughout the last month, Jack had been my world. Suddenly being told that I can't see him was heartbreaking.

Okay, I've peed on the stick and now I'm waiting.

Why can't these tests be instant? They should be able to tell you that you're either pregnant or not straight away. This waiting is driving me nuts!

Here I go.

I take a deep breath, and turn the little white stick over in my hand.

It's pink. I'm not pregnant.

I wasn't exactly thrilled about the prospect of being pregnant but now that it's conclusive and I know for sure that I'm not, I guess that I'm kind of disappointed.

Aside from that, I don't know how Jack would react. I know that he loves children, but they are the ones that he doesn't have to be around 24/7 and he doesn't have the constant fear of screwing up with them.

I wouldn't say that he was afraid, just worried that he would cause the death of another young life.

"Sammy, you okay in there?" He calls through the ensuite door.

I opened the door, only after I've made sure that the test is well and truly hidden, and pull his head down to meet my lips in a passion filled kiss.

"Good morning." I whisper quietly.

"Good morning, yourself." He says, breathlessly.

"Do we have to work today?" I ask, in between kisses.

"Nope." he mumbles maneuvering us to the bed.

I guess I know how I'm going to spend the rest of the day.

Not that I mind, of course.

~*~*~

Okay, I can do this.

I don't know what I'm so afraid of.

I need to do this right though. I want to do this right. That's probably why I spent three hours preparing this last night after Sam had gone to sleep.

She's slowly getting better and in two more days, she has her physical with Janet. If the Doc gives her the all clear then she can come back to work. I know she'll love that. She hates being sick. Always has, or so her father tells me.

"So what do you feel like doing today?" I ask her head. She's laying on my chest and the only part of her that I can currently see his her mop of blonde hair.

"I don't know. I though of just laying in bed all day with a guy I love." She answers cheekily. I can feel a smile form on her lips, her mouth resting on my chest.

"Really? Who's the lucky guy?" I ask playfully.

"Daniel." She quips, looking up at me and laughing at my expression.

"Very funny. But I'll have you know that Danny boy is interested in a brunette who's the CMO at the base. Sorry to disappoint you." I say, playing along with her game.

"Well then, I'll guess that I'll just have to settle for you." She says, feigning disappointment, with a rather unbelievable sigh.

I laugh along with her for a few minutes, until we both calm down. Then my expression turns serious, and I look deeply into her eyes.

"Although, you can go and rival the doc for Daniel's affection but then you'd miss out on the surprise that I have planned for you." I say smiling.

Her eyes light up at the prospect of a surprise and I look out the window to see a clear blue sky and a wonderful sun shining brightly.

It's perfect for what I have planned.

"So, what's the surprise?" Sam asks, again. She has been bugging me ever since I told her that I had a surprise planned for her. She started while we were enjoying a nice hot shower together, and hasn't stopped since.

That was half an hour ago.

"I told you the first time you asked, I told you the last time you asked and I'll tell you again. I am *not* going to tell you what it is." I say, getting very annoyed with the repetition of the question, but still enjoying having a one up on Sam. It doesn't happen very often and I will enjoy it as much as I can.

"No I just want to know what I have to wear." She said, smiling that sweet little smile that she knows I melt at.

"Well it's a beautiful day so just some shorts and a top will do. Or you can wear that sweet little blue sundress that you think you have hidden in a draw." I say, accompanied by a smile of my own.

"Sneaky bastard." She says, playfully. Moving back up the stair to the bedroom to get changed.

~*~*~

I hate not being able to see.

That was the first thing that Jack had done once I had got in the car, he blind folded me, muttering something about trusting him.

I do trust him, but I was taught and trained to fight and in my experience you can't do much fighting if you can't see. Not that I want to fight Jack, it's just that I would prefer to be able to use *all* of my senses.

Admittedly, it is kind of fun to be blind folded, while I try and work out where we are. Best as I can tell, we are on a dirt road, near trees.

Which is surprising, considering that Jack complains endlessly about trees on missions. I think that it might have something to do with those trees not being familiar to him. The trees of Earth are ones that he's seen before, when we go to another planet they are alien to him.

I can smell the fresh air, and a while ago we were going up hill, so my guess would be that we are in the mountains.

The car jolts to a stop, and I realize that we have either reached our destination, or Jack forgot to fill up the petrol tank before we left.

"We're here Angel." He tells me.

I hear his car door open, and then his footsteps along the gravel. My door opens, and Jack takes my hand.

After helping me out of the car, he closes the door and leads me to where ever we are going.

There is a slight breeze as we walk, the wind not strong enough to lift the skirt of my blue sundress, but just enough to push the fabric against my skin as we walk.

"Okay, slip off your shoes." He tells me and I comply, willingly. "Now sit down."

I sit, as told, and I can feel the fabric of a blanket beneath me.

The blind fold is pulled off my eyes and I suck in a shard breath as a look at the scene before me.

There is a checkered blanked beneath me and looked at the items sitting on the blanket, set out in front of me. There is a bottle of wine resting in a silver ice bucket, and a quick look at the label tells me that it's an expensive bottle.

There is two wine glasses laying on their side next to the ice cooler, and there are two plates covered by lids that are situated next to each other, near my legs.

Jack organized a picnic for me.

I have told Jack of my childhood before. How mum used to take us on picnic's when dad was away. It was to help us forget that there was a chance that he may not come home, but I think that it was also to help her forget as well.

"Wow." I breathe, "This is amazing, and the view is spectacular." And it really is.

There is a lake, with mountains located behind them. The lake is completely still and the mountains are reflected in it, making it have the appearance of a mirror.

"I know." He says smiling, and grasping my hand. "Charlie and I used to come here for the weekends that I was home, and we'd go camping. The spot where we are sitting now is the exact same spot where we used to pitch our tent." He says, smiling fondly at the memory.

"Thank you for sharing this place, and your memory, with me." I say, leaning over to kiss him briefly.

"Hungry?" he asks, and I nod. My stomach growling to confirm my answer.

"Here you go." He says, smiling, and handing me one of the covered plates.

He places the plate in front of me and takes the lid off.

Wow.

I think that about covers it.

The plate has a ring of lettuce, with a small salad over it. Without any tomatoes. Jack remembered that I'm allergic to Tomatoes. How sweet. There are a smaller rings of baby shrimp surrounding a small velvet box.

"Open it." He tells me.

I don't know which emotion is overwhelming me more, curiosity or apprehension.

Okay, so curiosity won the battle and I pick up the box.

I slowly open the box and look at its contents.

A ring.

My guess would be an engagement ring. It's a simple gold band with a sapphire in the middle of it with two small diamonds on either side

"Sam, will you marry me?" Jack asks, looking at me, with hope in his eyes.

I don't know what to say.

~*~*~

She looks like s stunned mullet.

She stares at me for a moment, almost looking confused. I can't tell what she's thinking, an as long as it isn't rejection, I really don't mind.

Her eyes roll back into her head, and she falls backwards and hits the ground, still holding the ring in her hand.

"Sam!" I yell, leaning over her.

I tap her cheek lightly and feel her neck for a pulse. I find one, it's strong. Thank god.

Her eyes slowly flutter open and she looks up at me, confused.

"What happened?" she asks, looking around.

"Well," I begin, holding her arm and helping her to sit up. "I asked you to marry me and you passed out." I tell her, smiling gently.

"Really?" she asks and at my nod she continues, "I meant to say yes." She finishes, smiling.

"Yes?" I query.

"Yes. I want to marry you. I just though that I'd be a little dramatic." She says, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well that's wonderful, but now we are going back to the base to see Janet." I say, slipping the ring onto her ring finger.

She complained at first but then I informed her that I didn't want her passing out while we celebrate our engagement. She put her hand on my thigh for the rest of the drive back and couldn't stop smiling.

~*~*~

I'm getting married!

Granted, sitting on a medical gurney, with Janet pocking and prodding me was not the way that I though Jack and I would be celebrating.

I'm kind of hoping that this can pass for the medical exam that I'm supposed to have in a few days. Knowing Janet like I do, I'll probably have to come back again on Monday and have another one.

She finishes drawing a blood sample when she finally notices the ring on my finger.

I wondered how long it would take her.

"Sam!" she squeiled excitedly, "Oh my god! Congradulations! To you both." She says, looking at Jack then back at me.

"I want to know everything." She whisperes to me, only loud enough for me to hear. "Later." She finishes, looking at the love written in Jack's eyes.

~*~*~

Well, we got to celebrate last night the way we wanted to. Several times.

And now we are on our way back to the base to get the test results, that Janet did yesterday.

"So what do you'll think she's gonna say?" I ask Jack, quietly.

It's the first time that we've mentioned my little fainting performances. I don't think that either of us wanted the reminder that something could go wrong with one of us, so soon after our rebuilt relationship and subsequent engagement.

"I think that she'll tell you that you’re fine. And then you'll come out of her office and tell me that your fine and then we can go back to our place and make sure that your fine together." He says smiling, and putting a reassuring hand on my thigh.

Okay, I can do this.

"Hey Sam, why don't you step into my office so we can talk? Don't worry Jack, she'll be back in a minute." Janet says, leading me into her office, but not before sending Jack a warm smile.

"Well Sam, I got the results to your blood work back this morning." She begins.

"Am I okay?" I ask, finally letting my nerves overtake me. Jack had managed to keep me occupied last night but without the distraction that he offers, here with me I'm letting my imagination run away with me.

"Sam, relax, you're not going to die. The blood work shows that you're pregnant." Janet tells me with a smile.

"I can't be." I say. "I did a test yesterday morning, it was pink." I finished.

"Sam, you know that those test aren't 100% positive. Granted they are 99% but there is still a margin of error. I guess that you're in that margin. Aren't you happy about this?" She asks, looking slightly worried.

"I don't know." I say quietly.

"Look, I can't tell you what to do, but go home with you fiancé, talk to him, and then you and I can get together and have another chat about this." She tells me gently.

I nod and smile, "Thanks Janet. It's good to know that you're here for me." I say, nodding my thanks.

"Always, Sam." She says, opening the door so that I can face Jack.

"Angel, is everything okay?" He asks me, What can I say?

"Yes Jack, I'm fine." I tell him, ignoring the disapproving look that Janet gives me.

I can't tell him.

Not yet.

~*~*~

We ride home in silence.

Sam says that she's fine, but I have the distinct feeling that there is something that she's not telling me. If she wants me to know what's bothering her, then I'll leave her alone and she can tell me in her own time.

"Angel?" I ask.

She doesn't answer me. Yet again. I have tried to get her attention a few times throughout the ride home, but she's either content in her own thoughts or she's ignoring me. I think that I'll go with the former.

"Samantha!" I almost shout. She jerks out of her la-la land and looks at me apologetically. She finally notices that the car has stopped and we're home.

Following her lead and opening my own door, I follow her up the stair to our front door.

I watch for a minute as she tries to open the door but her hands are shaking so much that the keys are fumbling around and she can't get the right one in the lock.

I silently take the keys from her hand, and open the door for her. She doesn't even acknowledge my actions as she walks into the house and straight up to our room.

~*~*~

"Angel, dinner's ready." I call out an hour later, after I finished cooking pasta for us.

She comes down the stairs, looking pale, with her face tear stained. She looks at the meal that I've put on the table and her face almost goes green. She just smiles and sits down to begin eating.

"If you aren't hungry then you don't have to eat it." I say. Sam knows that I wouldn't be offended.

"Thanks Jack." She says quietly. "Dance with me?" She asks as the radio begins to play another song.

We get up together and I pull her into my arms as we slowly move to the music.

I was born to love you
With every single beat of my heart
Yes, I was born to take care of you
every single day. . .

"Angel, tell me what's wrong." I say gently.

I was born to love you
With every single beat of my heart
Yes, I was born to take care of you
every single day of my life.

"I'm. . ." she starts, only to stop before she completes her sentence.

You are the one for me
I am the man for you
You were made for me
You're my ecstasy
If I was given every opportunity
I'd kill for your love

"Angel?" I ask again, pulling back slightly to look at her.

So take a chance with me
Let me romance with you
I'm caught in a dream
and my dream's come true
It's so hard to believe
This is happening to me
An amazing feeling
comin' through-

She doesn't say anything, just continues to stare at my chest.

I was born to love you
With every single beat of my heart
Yes, I was born to take care of you
every single day of my life.

"Angel, I love you. Talk to me, tell me what's wrong." I emplore again.

I wanna love you
I love every little thing about you
I wanna love you, love you, love you.
Born- to love you
Born- to love you
yes I was born to love you
Born- to love you
Born- to love you
Every single day of my life.

"I can't talk about this now Jack. I'm sorry. Can we talk some other time?" She asks and before I even have a chance to answer her, she's already moving upstairs to bed.

I was born to love you
With every single beat of my heart
Yes, I was born to take care of you
every single day of my life.

She obviously needs some time alone.

Okay, I can do this.

~*~*~

The end

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69