Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

All Good Stories Begin With Once Upon a Time

by Venom69
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
All good stories begin with Once Upon a time.

by venom_69

TITLE: All good stories begin with Once Upon a time.
Author: venom_69
Email: venom_69_anderson@hotmail
Category: Romance, Action/Adventure
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: COTG, ITLOD & D&C
Season: 5
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: All good stories. . .
Disclaimer: Not mine, but if someone wants to give them to me, then who am I to say no??
Authors notes: This came about on the way back from the neurologist. I was sitting in SPU (The numberplate of our car.) and was just thinking about some of the fanfic I had read the night before. Ten minutes, too many 'Who's got the energy? Energy Australia.' Signs later, and this was half written. Enjoy!!
Dedication: For, my dad. Thank you for everything. Live long and prosper, my friend. And for my be'ta reader LEW, as always you do a good job. (When you have the time!! LOL)
Feedback: Praise is always welcomed and replied to, where as flames will be given to my dad, for his smokes. (His lighters always run out really quickly, he could use them.)
Date: 18-2-02

I slowly stroke Sam's face, as I brush the hair away from her pale face. The sheets of her bed have more color than she does. Not that I had expected any more.

She's been here for a week now, and I've been here for the exact length of time. I refused to leave her, despite the protests that I got, mainly from Janet, and eventually Sam herself.

Her eyes open slowly, obviously feeling the hand on her face. She looks up at me and smiles, that very same smile that I thought I'd never see again.

"Hey." She murmurs, her voice croaky as her eyes scan around the room, trying to focus on her surroundings.

"Hey yourself." I reply, happy to see that she's awake. After all, there is only so much time that you can spend talking to yourself, before you go nuts.

"How long have you been here for?" She asks, grasping my hand, which had been resting next to my other hand.

"Since the last time you asked me that question." I tell her, smiling at the shocked look on her face.

"Jack, that was over six hours ago!" She exclaims.

"Then I've been here for six hours, if you exclude the five minutes I took to go pee." She smiles again.

Sam yawns and her eyes slip closed for a moment, before flying open again in a desperate effort to stay awake. Probably more for my benefit than hers.

"Go to sleep if you're tired. I'll be here when you wake up." I tell her, reassuringly.

"I'm not tired, just exhausted." She says, eyes closing once more. "You told me that you used to tell Charlie stories, so why don't you tell me one while I rest my eyes?" She asks, knowing that the chances of me saying 'no' to her are slim to none.

"Okay. Rest your eyes, while I begin." I reply.

She smiles again and I try to think of a story to tell her.

"Once upon a time. . ." I begin only to stop at her laughter. "What?" I ask, perplexed.

"'Once upon a time?' Oh please Jack!" She exclaims, not opening her eyes.

"What? All good stories start with 'Once upon a time.' You should know that." I tell her.

"Anyway," I continue, once her laughter has subsided. "There was a beautiful Major called Samantha, and she was determined to impress her Commanding Officer, the sarcastic Colonel called Jack. Now on their first meeting, she challenged him to an arm wrestle, and much as he would have liked to, they had a mission to complete so he said nothing." I say, watching as her breathing slowly evens, indicating that she's nearly asleep.

"What is this? A chapter story?" She asks, a small smile toughing her lips.

"I'm getting there. Anyway, they went on quite a few missions and, with the help of their friends the articulate and intelligent Doctor known as Daniel, and the brave and noble Teal'c, they managed to die on only one occasion. Then they want to a planet inhabited with a race of people called Nassians, and the Beautiful Samantha was trying to save a man, when she was infested with a Tok'ra." I say, shuddering a little at the memory.

"Now it is at this part of our tale that the sarcastic Colonel Jack realized that he was in love with the beautiful Samantha. This was not a good thing, for the mean people in Washington made the rule that relationships were not allowed between officers, so the sarcastic Colonel was heart-broken. But, he didn't know if the beautiful Samantha felt the same as he did, so he remained silent, hoping that no-one knew how he felt." I tell her, and she smiles. Letting me know that she's still awake.

"Keep going." She murmurs, quietly.

"So the famous four, known as SG-1, continued on their journeys throughout the galaxy. They saved Samantha's dad, they signed a treaty with the bad, bad Goa'uld, and then they met a very evil lady. Her name was Anise, and her host was Fre'ya. They were truly evil, as they tried to seduce the sarcastic Colonel. They did not prevail, for Jack was still in love with Samantha." I say, smiling as she laughs quietly at my description of who Daniel calls 'Tok'ra spice.'

"Then, the evil ones came up with an ingenious plan!" I exclaim, "They made the colonel get on a lie detector machine. Then they made the beautiful Samantha have the same test and they told the two that they were assassins. The colonel decided to do the right thing by Samantha and try to be cured, therefore giving the evil lady the knowledge that they needed to fix Samantha." I tell her, she looks so peaceful, almost asleep. I know her well enough to know that she's very much awake.

"But, the Major stopped him from going through with it, by telling him that he lied about his feelings. So they took the test again and were cleared, and after much hard work the team went back to normal, almost. Samantha and Jack were no longer comfortable with each other, they didn't flirt anymore, they didn't touch and they didn't joke. It wasn't very nice." I say, sighing at how we used to be.

"Then once miserable day, they four traveled to another planet, where they met a very mean group of people. These people didn't want to be friends with SG-1, so they gave Samantha a virus from their local plant. This virus was designed to kill the Major as a warning to the others, but Jack did not approve. He didn't want Samantha to die. On the way back to the Stargate, the beautiful Samantha collapsed and Jack reached out to catch her." I say, watching Sam tense a little at the mention of what happened to her.

"The sarcastic Colonel told the articulate Daniel and brave Teal'c to return to their home planet and fetch the Smart and friendly Doctor Fraiser and her friends so that they could come and help Samantha. While the two waited, Jack decided that if he got Samantha talking, then maybe she would feel a little better. So they talked, and Samantha was on the verge of death, they talked of their love for each other, and they shared their very first kiss. It was magical, and wonderful and everything that Jack had hoped it would be." I tell her, continuing with the story.

"So just as the fair and beautiful Samantha was about to die, her father came through the Stargate and healed her, but he also informed the others that she would be sick for about a week. It was the first time that Jack was glad the Tok'ra were called. After they returned to Earth, Samantha's father pulled the sarcastic Colonel aside and they talked about life and love. Making his decision, Jack asked Samantha's father if he could have a relationship with his daughter. It was at that point that Jacob walked away from Jack, and the younger man began to worry." Sam's eyes fly open at the mention of her father walking away. I smile as I begin to tell her the part of the story that she doesn't know. My favorite part.

"So, in desperation, Jack sought out the comfort of Samantha, despite the fact that she was unconscious. He sat with her for over two hours before Jacob and their leader, General Hammond, called him to Hammond's office. He was petrified that they would say that he was forbidden to get involved with Samantha. But he was wrong." I say, and her eyes, which she has kept open, go wide at the thought of what I mean. She's smart, so no doubt she's figured it out. Which would explain the huge smile that is currently gracing her features.

"So Hammond told the scared Colonel that he had talked to the president, and that Samantha and Jack were permitted to have a relationship, as long as it didn't interfere with their work. But the surprises kept coming, because Jacob gave the Colonel his permission for him to pursue his daughter, and he gave him a gift, a gift that came with strict instructions" I say, my eyes dancing with happiness. A happiness that's been missing from my eyes since my son died.

"What happened next?" She asks immediately. Sam never did have any patients.

"Ah that's where you get a turn." I tell her.

"Me?" She asks, confused, "What do I have to do?"

"You have to throw your two cents into the story. . . Don't worry, you'll know when." I tell her, moving my chair a little closer to her bed. That's about three centimeters.

"Okay." She says, shrugging.

"So after receiving his gift, jack went back down to Sam, and sat with her for a week until she was awake enough to talk. He stayed with the beautiful Samantha until she was starting to get a lot stronger. He decided that after a week, it was the right time to give her the gift," I say, stopping to open the small box of rings that Jacob gave me to give to Sam. They were her mothers, and Jacob thought that she should have them. "And ask her if she would do him the honor of being his wife. The beautiful Samantha replied. . ." I say, pausing to wait for her reply.

"And the beautiful Samantha took a long hard look at her hansom, caring and loving Colonel, and took his hand while she breathed a simple one word answer, 'yes.' And after he had slipped her mother's rings onto her finger, they shared their first kiss as an engaged couple." She says, and I place the rings on her delicate finger, and we share our first kiss as an engaged couple, to the sounds of Jacob, Hammond, Daniel, Teal'c and the good Doctor all cheering behind us.

"I love you." I tell her.

"I love you too." She replies and we kiss again.

~*+*~

"You know," Sam starts, from her position, cuddled up at my side. "You never did finish telling me that fairy tale, when we got engaged." She tells me and I smile at her.

"Well then, Mrs. O'Neill, I suppose I had better finish it. I say, lightly stroking her back. "So, after three and a half months, and a wonderful wedding, the beautiful Samantha and the Sarcastic Jack had their wedding, and four days after their magical day, the beautiful Samantha told Jack that she was pregnant." I say, feeling the warm tingly feeling wash over me again. I had the same feeling when she first told me. "So they decided to write their fairy tale down on paper, so that when their son or daughter was born they could tell him or her the story of the fairy tale, and so that they could all live. . ." I say, waiting for Sam to join in, like I know she will.

"Happily ever after." We say in perfect unison, smiling.

I was right, all good stories begin with 'once upon a time.'

~*+*~

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to venom_69