Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Morning After the Night Before

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Morning After the Night Before

Morning After the Night Before

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson

Summary: Weird voyeuristic fic.the results of last night
Category: Mystery, Romance, Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: adult themes
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-03-29

The two beings stirred into consciousness.

Entwined in each other's arms, panicking at first as their memories dwindled then realising who the other was.

They calmly untangled their arms and slowly moved apart, each searching for their clothes and if possible a light switch. Although a light wasn't a main priority, if they could see each other then the realisation would hit home and make things awkward, they couldn't do that, not with their job.

No, things were better left in the dark with their demons, kept in the room as others might say and indeed they had said that once, all those years ago.

As the pain from the over drinking the night before set in, the two shadowy figures in the dark were swapping their clothes back, wandering how that pair of trousers ended up hanging from the curtain rail. Were they really that drunk last night?

Of course they were, they wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Sleeping together.

That's it; the damage is done.

The realisation finally penetrates their thoughts, the implication it would have on their working relationship...no longer would they call it a "working relationship", colleagues would be all they could be, no relationship about it. Friends they could not be, for with friends there would always be that special bond, the unspeakable.

The two figures now sitting opposite each other on the edge of the bed; back-to-back. Neither thinking what dire consequences it would have on one of them in particular, totally un-work related. Then again, neither did have the gift of seeing the future. No, instead they focused on work, the biggest factor in their insignificant lives, for the moment.

"I...I should leave." Said the female standing, grabbing her cell phone from the bedside table and walking out of the door, out of his life, but not forever.

He made no attempt to follow her, they both had their own ways of dealing with things; he would close himself of from her, from everyone, she would push her thoughts out of her mind and fill them with work, never stopping until she collapses to be found later that night by her friend and doctor.

That's when they would find out, find out they had created something that neither would have expected to happen to them.

It would all work out then, a few phone calls to the President, a couple of cover up stories and no one would be any wiser. There would be cake, a church, family and friends and all would be well. She would resign, becoming a civilian consultant spending most of her time at home, joining him for the occasional mission when necessary. There would be close calls, there always were, even times she would think she's lost him. But she wouldn't have, he would make sure of that. Not like the last child he lost, he would want his child to have a father and he himself would want to watch his child grow.

But for now, now they were just colleagues.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson