Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Strangers - Sam

by Ruth
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Strangers - Sam

Strangers - Sam

by Ruth

Summary: Sam's thoughts after the end of 'Divide and Conquer.'
Category: Angst, Missing Scene/Epilogue
Episode Related: 405 Divide and Conquer
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/25/03

Title: Strangers - Sam

Rating: PG

Spoilers: Divide and Conquer

Details: Sam POV, Episode Tag

Summary: Sam's thoughts after the end of 'Divide and Conquer'

Disclaimer: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.

~ Strangers - Sam ~

Copyright (c) 2003 Ruth

Everything I've lived for over these past few months just vanished today.

All it took was a few moments for something so precious to be broken, something so sweet to turn sour.

I watched him as he sat in the chair, telling Anise, Janet and Teal'c why we'd both been shut in guarded rooms for the entire day.

Why he wouldn't leave me.

"I wouldn't leave Carter because I care about her - a lot more than I'm supposed to."

My heart skipped a beat.

Just one second, that's all it had taken.

Just one second, and the secrets from deep within our hearts, before known to no-one but ourselves, had been released.

I wanted to cry.

Our secret love, rooted in trust and deep admiration, a secret no more.

He looked at me, and I knew that I was next in the chair. I had to confirm it.

He stood up and walked over to me. I felt his arm brush against mine, and savoured the feel of his skin.

I knew it would be my last.

As I sat down in the chair, I looked up at him again.

I saw sadness and a little fear, but in his eyes there was a spark of hope.

I dared not to look through the glass at Teal'c and Janet - I dared not to wonder what they were thinking.

Once the procedure finished, I almost jumped up out of the chair and ran from the room.

He stopped me.

Our secret was out. We were no longer lovers, the regs would not allow it.

We were strangers.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ruth