Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Whisper - Sam

by Ruth
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Whisper - Sam

Whisper - Sam

by Ruth

Summary: Sam's thoughts before she and Jack are rescued in 'Solitudes.'
Category: Angst
Episode Related: 117 Solitudes
Season: Season 1
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/17/03

Title: Whisper - Sam

Rating: PG

Spoilers: Solitudes

Details: Sam POV, Episode Tag

Summary: Sam's thoughts before she and Jack are rescued in 'Solitudes.'

Disclaimer: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.

~ Whisper - Sam ~

Copyright (c) 2003 Ruth

It's so cold. We're laying in the bottom of a frozen cavern, a thousand miles from nowhere. Everything around us is white, a colour normally associated with innocence, with peace and calm.

This cavern is far from peace. As the number of days we were stranded here increased, the number of days we would survive decreased. A morbid thought, I know, but I've spent the last few days trying to be strong for him - and now he's sleeping.

I don't know if he will wake up or not. I still remember his last words to me over the crackled radio link: "It was an honor serving with you." Those words pierced my heart with shock when I first heard them, but they also enabled me to continue on towards the surface, to try and find some help for us both.

When I reached the surface and found out the terrible truth, I felt as if someone had just hit me with a sledgehammer. Slowly, I descended back into the cavern, my frozen body finally giving up on me.

As I reached the lower levels of the cavern, I slipped and fell down an icy slide, my body landing with a thud and skidding over to his side.

I lay very still for a few minutes, my face pressed into the soft, cold snow. I felt myself begin to drift away, but then I looked at him again.

Jack O'Neill. Not just my superior officer, but my friend. He was unconscious, his beaten and bruised body desperately trying to heal. I'd covered him with both of our blankets, but he still shivered terribly.

It hit me suddenly that I was going to die here - with him. All my positive thoughts gone, I resigned myself to the fact that I was dying and taking him with me.

"I won't have any regrets."

Except for loving him. Except for letting him die when I could have saved us both.

Slowly, I edge closer to him, trying to share a little of his warmth. With my last ounce of strength, I manage a small whisper.

"It was an honour serving with you, Colonel."

Before I closed my eyes, I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. It was a comfort to me that I wasn't going to be alone.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ruth