Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

More Shades of Grey Part 2: Explanation

by Ruth
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
More Shades of Grey Part 2: Explanation

More Shades of Grey Part 2: Explanation

by Ruth

Summary: It's 'Shades of Grey' with a twist!
Category: Action/Adventure, Drama
Episode Related: 318 Shades of Grey
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/11/03

Title: More Shades of Grey Part 2: Explanation Rating: R
Spoilers: Shades of Grey (but that would be a little obvious, now wouldn't it?) Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, they belong to the lovely people at MGM, Showtime and Brad Wright. Summary: It's 'Shades of Grey' with a twist. You'll see. ? ~ More shades of Grey Part 2: Explanation ~ By Ruth

Sam sat down, waiting to hear General Hammond's explanation.

"Major Carter, in the last week, The Asgard, Nox and Tollan have all approached us claiming that we have stolen technology from them. They are about to sever all ties with us - unless we can prove that we are not guilty of theft."

"Where does Colonel Maybourne fit into all of this?" she asked.

"He runs a renegade group of the NID that we believe is taking the alien technology. However, as I'm sure you're aware, Major, they are peaceful races and have insisted that we apprehend them ourselves."

"With all due respect, sirs, why are you asking me to do this? I mean, surely Colonel O'Neill would be better at this, being a more superior officer and..."

"Major, we have chosen you because Colonel Maybourne and O'Neill speak quite regularly. He wouldn't be as stunned if Jack did something like that. It'd really knock him for six if he thought you'd become a convert." Colonel Bridges actually sounded excited.

"General, I am not at all happy with the thought of lying to my commanding officer..."

"Major, he will know as soon as the mission is over."

"I don't care! He's my friend, like Daniel and Teal'c. I don't believe Colonel O'Neill would allow me to steal anything in the first place! Hell, he'd probably shoot me!"

"We know, Major, which is why we've arranged with the Tollan for you to take some of the technology without your teammates finding out. You will return it to the SGC where we will suspend you. You'll be gone and waiting for Maybourne before they even find out." Sam swallowed. "I don't have a choice, do I, sir?" she asked. The question was directed at General Hammond, but she was answered by Colonel Reynolds.

"No, Major, you don't."
"In that case," she said, "When do I begin?"

Sam felt sick as she walked up the ramp, knowing that she was lying to three people she cared deeply about. She turned back to look at General Hammond. He guiltily saw the anguish in her eyes and knew what he had put her through in order to get her the mission. He nodded and watched as they disappeared through the Stargate.

"Carter, you see if you can get some information outta Narim. We're gonna get us some honkin' space guns!" said Jack, walking off with Daniel and Teal'c. Sam found Narim's house and knocked on the door, before remembering that she didn't have to.

"Samantha, come in," he said.
"Hey, Narim. I take it General Hammond informed you of what we're going to do? Well, what I'm going to do..." her voice trailed off.

"You are uncomfortable with the situation," said Narim gently.

"Yes, very." Sam admitted, looking at her hands.

"The Tollan are grateful for the sacrifice we know you are making in order to carry out this mission," said Narim, "And we will help explain it to your friends as soon as we can."

"Thanks, Narim," she smiled weakly.
"Now. This is the technology we are, lending to you to steal. It is what disabled your weapons the last time you were here." Sam took the object in her hands. It felt very heavy. How she was going to get it back to General Hammond without anyone noticing she did not know.

"You okay, Carter? You look like a ghost!"

"Yeah, I'm fine sir."
"Ok people, let's get ready to go!" said Jack, eyeing his 2IC with concern. She looked awful. As Sam stepped through the gate and back to Earth, her heart fell to her feet. Now she was gonna have to sit at home and wait for Maybourne to find her. Great.

Sam sat down in General Hammond's office, shifting her feet uncomfortably.

"Well done, Major," said Colonel Bridges.

"Major, you will now return home and wait to be contacted by Colonel Maybourne. When he contacts you, you must wait 7 days before replying to him, so he doesn't smell a rat," said General Hammond.

"Yes, sir," said Sam quietly, not looking forwards to this at all. TO BE CONTINUED...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ruth