Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

More Shades of Grey Part 1: Indecent Proposal

by Ruth
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
More Shades of Grey Part 1: Indecent Proposal

More Shades of Grey Part 1: Indecent Proposal

by Ruth

Summary: It's 'Shades of Grey' with a twist.
Category: Action/Adventure, Crossovers, Drama
Episode Related: 318 Shades of Grey
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/11/03

Title: More Shades of Grey
Rating: R
Spoilers: Shades of Grey (but that would be a little obvious, now wouldn't it?) Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, they belong to the lovely people at MGM, Showtime and Brad Wright. Summary: It's 'Shades of Grey' with a twist. You'll see. ? ~ More shades of Grey ~
By Ruth

Sam walked quickly down the corridor, not wanting to be spotted by Colonel O'Neill, Daniel or Teal'c. She had been asked to report to General Hammond's office immediately and had also been told to be sure that she was not followed. Wondering what on Earth could be going on, she turned the corner and saw General Hammond standing with a group of very superior officers. She instantly came to attention.

"At ease, Major. Shall we?" said General Hammond.

"With all due respect, sirs, I'd like to know why I've been summoned here under such secretive circumstances," said Sam. The three other colonels looked at her as if to tell her to shut up. She obliged.

"Major, you've been summoned here because we wish for you to take part in an undercover assignment for the good of this country. I am Colonel Reynolds, this is Colonel Sanders and Colonel Bridges." Sam smiled weakly.
"What kind of assignment?" she asked.
"What we want, Major Carter, is for you to gain the trust of and work alongside Colonel Maybourne." Sam swallowed a laugh and looked at General Hammond, thinking that he was joking. Looking at the other three colonels, however, she realised that he was telling her the truth.

"With respect, sirs, won't Maybourne be suspicious of me suddenly trying to work with him?"

"Yes, Major, which is why we've planned something that will shock him. Hopefully, he'll come to you."

"May I ask what that something is, General?"

"Major Carter..." began Colonel Sanders, but Hammond shut him up.

"No, Major Carter has a right to know what she'll be doing," said Hammond. "We want you to steal a piece of alien technology."

"WHAT?" asked Sam. "From whom?"
"The Tollan," said Colonel Bridges.
"Sir, no! I can't steal from them!" she began, but Reynolds cut her off.

"Are you looking for an insubordination charge, Major?"

"No, sir, but I'm not willing to steal technology from our allies. With respect, you can find someone else!" With that, Sam turned on her heel and began to walk out of the room, only realising what she was doing after she'd exited the door. Walking out of a room with FOUR superior officers in it before she'd been dismissed, oh God - insubordination! Still, she couldn't turn back now, not with th-"

"MAJOR!" General Hammond shouted.
She turned around. "Sir?"
"If you will step back into my office I will explain to you why we are asking you to do this." Sam swallowed, looking at the three very pissed off colonels and one very pissed off general, and decided that entering the office would probably be the best thing for the preservation of her career.

"I'm listening."

TO BE CONTINUED...
Writer's note: Sorry it's short, but I've got exams to be revising for, ya know! Ruthie xxx

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ruth