Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Unexpected Revelations

by Miki
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Unexpected Revelations

Unexpected Revelations

by Miki

TITLE: Unexpected Revelations
AUTHOR:Miki
EMAIL: sjena@nmia.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack Romance
SPOILERS: Small ones for "Tok'Ra", "In the Line of Duty" and "The Fifth Race"
SEASON / SEQUEL: Second Season
RATING: PG if that
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: None given
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Disclaimers: All Stargate SG-1 characters are the property of Stargate SG-1 Productions (II) Inc., MGM Worldwide Television Productions Inc., Double Secret Productions, Gekko Film Corp and Showtime Networks Inc. No infringement of those rights is intended.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'd like to thank both of my beta readers, Maria Guyan and Adrianna Laura, for the inspiration I needed to get this posted. I couldn't have done it without you.

Colonel Jack O'Neill was on his way to the locker room. His body had been protesting, the lack of sleep and stress of the past few days. He wanted out of these clothes and into a shower before he marched off to his quarters for some much needed shut-eye.

"Colonel, you have a minute?" called Captain Samantha Carter from behind him. He stopped and turned slightly.

"Of course, Carter. What's on your mind?" he asked, acknowledging her with a smile.

"Come on. I'll walk with you," she offered, starting down the hall.

They walked in silence. After a few seconds Jack looked over at Sam. "You know, from what Daniel tells me about what happened, I was pretty damned smart for a while."

She nodded. "Yeah. I still haven't figured out those equations."

"I don't remember a thing about it. Not a damned thing, Sam." He frowned slightly. "It's kind of unnerving."

"I know how you feel," she said softly, running a hand through her hair.

"Jolinar?" he asked and was immediately sorry for it.

Sam nodded thoughtfully, a slight pang of guilt surging through her. She stopped walking and looked over at him. "That's not why I came looking for you, though."

"It isn't?" He lowered his gaze to her, trying to figure out what was going through her head.

"No. I just wanted you to know how glad I am that you made it back." She surreptitiously cast a glance up at him. "You've been a good friend and a great CO. And we... I would have missed you terribly," she mumbled quickly, biting her lip.

Jack put his arm across Sam's shoulders and looked into her eyes. "You've been a good friend too, Sam." They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment. Jack brought up his other hand to smooth back her hair. Leaning forward slowly he pressed his lips to hers.

Startled, Sam tensed in his arms. Jack pulled back slightly and looked down at her questioningly. Her eyes were closed and her lips parted ever so slightly. He once again leaned down finding her lips with his. Sam nestled into him, and, turning into his kiss, sighed softly. She brought her hand up and tenderly caressed his cheek.

Daniel Jackson always had a pretty lousy sense of timing. Today was no different. In his hurried quest to find Jack, he came upon him locked in a passionate embrace with Sam. And, not being one to do things half-way, Daniel had made enough noise to wake the dead.

"Woops," said Daniel as his friends turned to look at him. Sam flushed a deep red and stepped back. Nervously, she brought a hand up to her mouth and after an apologetic look at Jack, she hurried down the hallway.

Jack shuffled his feet slightly and looked sheepishly at Daniel. "So... uhm... Daniel, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, Jack. I'm so sorry. I didn't... you know... Sam... oh boy." Daniel sputtered for several minutes, looking at anything in the room except for his friend. Jack, recovering his composure, cut him off with a clap on the back and a smile.

"It's over, Daniel. Don't worry about it. Now, you seem pretty anxious to tell me something."

"Oh, yeah. I've been thinking about that device you peeked into..." Jack glanced thoughtfully in the direction Sam had gone and then turned his attention back to Daniel. The two men walked down the hall, one talking, the other listening.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miki