Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Influence of Jack O'Neill, The

by Michelle Birkby
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Influence of Jack O'Neill

The Influence of Jack O'Neill

by Michelle Birkby

Title, The Influence of Jack O'Neill.
Author, Michelle Birkby
Email, saraandsamrule@hotmail.com
Rating, G
Category, Missing Scene
Archive, sam and jack, heliopolis please Spoilers, Frozen, Abyss
Disclaimer, "All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author." Summary, Two people in the same head have a conversation. Status. complete

"Hello"
"Oh, crap."
"I'm sorry?"
"Yeah, Hi, whatever."
"I am...Ka'an"
"Great to meet you."
"And you are....?"
"Pretty pissed off about this whole thing." "Look, I know who you are."
"Then why'd you ask me?"
"I'm trying to be friendly."
"Well don't. Don't get friendly, don't get comfortable, don't get anything. Just cure this bug, tell the Tok'ra what they want to know, and get out of my body." "You need not worry, I will not stay in a host that doesn't want me." "Yeah, I'll believe that when it happens." "Why did you do this, if you do not want to host me?" "I'm sick, I had no choice."
"Sam asked you."
"What?"
"You were thinking that you only did this because Sam asked you to." "Stay out of those thoughts. Those are private." "None of those thoughts are private now." "Listen, Khan, or whatever your name is,..." "Just as none of mine are private to you. We share everything now. I know everything about you now." "Everything?"
"Everything. Just as you could know everything about me, if you looked." "Ok, so if you already know everything about me, why are we having this conversation?" "It's polite."
"Polite?"
"I will not intrude in your inner thoughts." "You already did!"
"That is because you would not talk to me." "Know why? Because I don't like you."
"You barely know me."
"Yeah, and already you annoy me."
"Look, it will take some time for me to heal you, and some more time for me to recover enough to tell the Tok'ra want I know. We cannot argue all the time I inhabit your body. And the more you fight me, the more difficult it is for me to heal you." "Yeah, alright. Just don't intrude where you're not wanted, ok?" "It's difficult. So many parts of your mind are closed off." "Ok, let's change the subject. What was this top secret mission you went on?" "I infiltrated Ba'al's lair."
"Whoopee for you."
"I learnt much important information."
"Your grammar sucks."
"It is vital to the Tok'ra cause that I share this information." "Everything's always vital to you guys, isn't it? Nothing's ever trivial, or not really important, or basically just a waste of time." "Are you this annoying face to face?"
"Oh, believe me, I'm just getting started." "You are not helping!"
"I'm not the helpful kind!"
"Jack.."
"Colonel O'Neill to you."
"Oh, that's right, Jack's not a name everyone can use, is it? A few other Colonels, General Hammond..." "Look, keep this up, and I'll opt for death." "Daniel Jackson..."
"I'm warning you."
"Only she never calls you Jack, does she?" "Get out get out get out GETOUT!!!"
"There, I finally got a reaction out of you." "Not a good one."
"You hate me."
"You got that right."
"I don't like you much either. I've heard of you. You're arrogant, self-opinionated, impulsive. You put your team's safety above that of all others, especially Tok'ra.." "Hey, can I help it if you guys choose to die every time a good chance to be a hero comes along? And you're damn right I put the safety of my team above everyone else. Nothing is more important than getting my team home, I don't care what the stakes are." "Some times the stakes are too high."
"How the hell would you ....you left someone behind." "I had no choice."
"How can there be no choice?"
"If I taken her, Ba'al would have known I'd infiltrated his lair. And then all the information I'd gathered would be worthless." "Her?"
"Ba'al's personal servant."
"She's a Tok'ra operative?"
"No. I turned her."
"How?"
"It's not important.."
"It's important to me. I want to know what kind of snake I have in my head." "It's not important.."
"You told her you loved her."
"I had to."
"Did you?"
"Love her? Does it matter? I needed the information. This was the best way to get it." "Yes, it matters! Telling someone you love them is too precious to waste on a lie!" "Not something you'd ever do?"
"No!"
"You've never lied to people for a mission? Even your friends?" "I never told anyone I loved them to cheat them." "You even lied to the woman you love."
"I though I told you to stay out of that." "I cannot help but know it. Her name is written in letters of fire across every part of your mind, hidden or not." "Then you know. You know what love is like. You know how wrong it is to lie to that girl like that." "I...I didn't know. Not until now."
"Did she fall in love with you?"
"Yes."
"And you left her behind?"
"Yes."
"You're scum."
"Yes."
"You're agreeing?"
"I didn't know. I thought they were just words. I didn't...I didn't...Not until I looked into your mind, into what you feel for her, did I really realise what I'd done. I thought it was just a game." "It's not."
"No. It..it hurts. How can something so non-corporeal hurt so much?" "Not all the time."
"Show me more. I need to know more. Show me how you love her. Sam." "No.."
"Please! I need to know..need to understand what I did to her...what I've done to myself." "Look, but don't tell. This is between the two of us." "Oh...OH. I've never...there aren't words to describe. So strong, but so fragile. She makes you so happy..it's like you glow, inside." "Yeah, I know what's in there, you don't need to tell me." "You don't tell her."
"Yeah, there's reasons for that."
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry..but..you do it to protect her?" "Yeah."
"But she knows?"
"She knows."
"And does she.."
"I don't know. I hope so. But it's never the right time..I'm not answering that question." "You don't think you're good enough for her." "No-one's good enough for her."
"She's so special, and you're just a ..just a...an old soldier." "Can you move onto something else now?" "You've too much darkness in you for someone as light as her." "Great poetry. Change the subject."
"You nearly died for her."
"Yes."
"And you'd do it again."
"In a heartbeat."
"Even if she never knew why or how you'd died." "She doesn't need to know."
"She should.."
"But she won't."
"And this..this is what I made that girl feel?" "Probably. She risked her life for you so I'm guessing..yeah." "She felt so much."
"And you left her behind."
"What would happen if you left Sam behind.....THAT HURTS!!! Stop, please, don't think it, forget I said it, that hurts, so much pain, stop, oh please stop!" "You put the thought in there. Deal with the consequences." "I didn't mean..."
"No-one gets left behind. Especially not some girl that you tricked into loving you." "I didn't trick her."
"Do you love her?"
"Perhaps..."
"Then we should go back for her."
"No, it'll be dangerous."
"Everything's dangerous."
"No, you've no idea...Ba'al's specialty is torture. He enjoys it. He's refined it. It's an art to him." "I didn't say I wasn't afraid."
"But no-one gets left behind."
"Now you've got it."
"I could love her, you know."
"Sure you could."
"They way you love Sam Carter."
"Perhaps."
"I'm glad I was blended with you."
"Don't say blended. It makes me think of a giant blender, and juicers and..you don't need to know the rest." "If I hadn't been in your mind, I'd never have known what if felt like to love." "Yeah, well don't tell anyone that. I have an image to keep up." "I know. But...thank you."
"Bill me later. When we get back."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Michelle Birkby