Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Guardian Angel

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson

Summary: Sam's POV on her death in the last battle: non angsty!
Category: POV
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: character death
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-01-06

They were there, by tens and dozens to hear the last dying prayers of the fallen. Their wings beat in harmony, so peaceful in the chaos. Their glow making the scenes surreal as they helped to lead the departed.

I knew it was my time to go; I would not have been seeing angels if I was going to survive that battle.

As he called my name, it seemed closer than I had expected, more real and human than priests would have described. A choir of angels singing harmony. I doubted this one could sing a note; maybe that's why he was on soul collection duties.

He called again and I looked at him. Golden hair, sky blue eyes, fair skin and rosy cheeks were nowhere in sight, so much for Sunday school. His rough face and greying hair did nothing but enhance the lopsided grin he was giving me.

I asked to stay a while, to try and help my friends. He sat back with the back of his head resting on his hands and one foot crossed over the other and told me we had all the time in the world.

We sat and watched as the battle wore on, nothing we could do but wait for the outcome. He put his hand on my arm and told me we had to go, there was one more person he had to pick up. I stood for the first time since 'it' happened, he had wings a halo and a golden glow, I had no wings, no halo and no golden glow just a faint pale one.

He told me in time and gave me another smile. Taking my hand he led me to a lying man covered in blood. I looked back to my body to see how bad I looked, blood, mud and burning BDU's, I wondered if I had felt any pain when I fell.

Reaching down to the man, the angel kept hold of my hand and took his as well.

The man asked where Teal'c was, staring at the beating wings of our angel as he stood.

Waiting, was all he said before flying into the air and up to the higher plains.

"I always knew you were my guardian angel." I smiled squeezing his hand, happy at last.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson