Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Birthday

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Birthday

Birthday

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson

Summary: Sam's birthday, Jack gets her a gift(with a little help form Walter) Wizard of Oz references throughout-be warned.
Category: Challenge, Humor, Romance
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Jack/Sam, Sam/Pete
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-03-14

Response to a birthday challenge over at Jack-and-Sams-Pad.com.

-------------------------

Jack O'Neill was frustrated, even more so than usual. He was pacing his office and cursing Sam Carter, cursing Sam Carter's birthday, but most of all he was cursing himself for letting Paul or whatever his name is get engaged to Sam Carter...oh the stupidity!

Jack needed help and not the mental kind...this called for his trusty sidekick...

"Walter!" He yelled through the closed door.

Walter Davis opened the door and walked into the room. Man that guy was like Radar.

"Yes Sir?" He asked putting a load of paper work onto the General's desk.

"Walter, buddy, I need your advice."

"Get her a pair of red shoes."

"Red shoes...hang on how did you know?" Jack asked totally taken off guard.

"I know everything Sir, it's my job." Walter sighed. "Let me know how it goes Sir."

----------------------

Two days later

Jack parked his truck outside Sam's empty house; he grabbed the bag from the passenger seat and made his way up to her front door. Using his spare key he opened the door and walked in, luckily SG1 were still off world otherwise there would be hell to pay from Sam if she caught him.

He looked around the front room; birthday cards were lined up along the bookshelves. Jack frowned when he saw the one obviously from Pete; it was big, had two cartoon rabbits on the front wearing stupid clothes and the words 'Happy Birthday to my future wife', the 'future' was written on in black ink...cheap skate.

Moving along the row of cards he saw Daniel's and Teal'c's, hell even Hammond had sent one from Washington. Jack knew Sam must have been upset that he hadn't given her a card the day before, she made that clear the morning before the mission. You don't want to cross Sam Carter.

He couldn't exactly give her, her present with Pete around; it wouldn't have been fair on the slimy git.

Jack sighed before taking the pair of red sparkly shoes out of the carrier bag and placing them on the coffee table at a slight angle like they were displayed in the shop. He then took out the small card he had gotten her and put it in front.

Stepping back to admire his handy work he almost tripped over a book laying on the floor. He bent over to pick it up and realised that it was 'The Wizard of OZ', the book he had given her after the whole Entity thing, she was reading it last night? Jack looked at the page it was opened at; Dorothy was saying good-bye to the Scarecrow.

Jack sighed and put the book back down. He turned off the lights and locked the door on the way out.

-------------------------------

Sam slammed the door to her car shut and stormed up the path; she'd just got out of the briefing from hell after having been on the mission that rivalled it. Okay so she was a bit pissed at Jack for forgetting her birthday, but then again he had probably done it out of spite because she had got engaged to Pete, which was partly his fault for not saying something to change her mind...that man was so infuriating!

She slammed the door shut and threw her keys at the shelf she normally kept them on; they missed and made a dent in the wall.

She dumped her coat and bag onto the floor and stalked into the kitchen to make some coffee. Ah, nice hot coffee, hot steamy coffee, hot steamy General...dammit!

Sam cursed and walked back to the hall to hang up her coat and pick her keys off the floor, she stopped when a glittering caught in the corner of her eye. She walked over to the coffee table and stared at the pair of Dorothy shoes as she called them.

She smiled; only one person would get her a pair of Dorothy shoes for her birthday. She picked up the card and read it.

'Dorothy,' it read.

'Happy Birthday, your Scarecrow for life.

'p.s. whatever happened to Us?'

Sam cried, this one gift spoke the unspoken words she was waiting to here from Jack O'Neill for so long.

Now there was only one problem...Pete.

Sam grabbed the phone and dialled his number.

"Pete, we have to talk..."

The End

Okay it did start out as a drabble but I couldn't stop!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson