Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wounded

by Zoser
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Wounded

Wounded

by Zoser

Summary: Jack deals with his pain.
Category: Angst
Episode Related: 718 HEROES Part 2
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/29/04

The hardest thing he had to do that day was let her go. He started to loosen his hold but she still gripped handfuls of his shirt in her fists. He pulled her to his chest and tried not to gasp when she pressed herself to the burns and bruises. This was the least painful part of the encounter. He was home now and just swallowed one the goofballs they had prescribed for him. He had stopped by Cassie's. They talked and grieved for a good part of the afternoon, then he let her have some solitude. It would be in short supply in the next few days and too common an occurrence in a few months. He needed to lie down. Whatever the hell that stuff was it took the starch out of him. Maybe if he could sleep he could stop thinking, stop feeling.

He wasn't asleep too long, an hour or two when the door bell rang. He ignored it and dozed again. Then he realized she was there. It was as if she had to reassure herself that he was among the living. She sat on the edge of his bed and was speaking to him but the words made no sense just the rhythm, the cadence, soothing, loving, gentle words and heartbreakingly sad. She lifted his t-shirt to reassure herself the there was no gapping, smoldering, bloody hole. It reminded him of the Hathor thing with the symbiote pouch. He said "Crunches" and made her laugh. Oh Christ, then she was running her finger through the hair on his stomach and chest and he had no will to stop her. She leaned over him and kissed him. Maybe it was all a delusion from those damned pills. He, too, needed the reassurance that he was alive and that someone cared that he did indeed live, that she cared. He couldn't do this. He had the will but not the strength; the desire but not the right. Wanting her was never in question but where, when and all those extenuating circumstances fucked everything up. She leaned close and brushed his mouth with her lips. His arms and hands finally obeyed him and he touched her face. He felt clumsy as he tried to touch her lips. He said "Take care of Cassie" but held her hand as if he never wanted her to leave. She was as conflicted as he. She squeezed his hand and was gone.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Zoser