Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wish I was a drinker

by Xtra
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Wish I was a drinker

Wish I was a drinker

by Xtra

Summary: What happens when a girl realises it wasn't an hallucination she was talking to after all.
Category: Romance
Episode Related: 713 GRACE
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/06/04

If I was a drinker, I would swear that I must have been downing JD's all night because I'm waking up with a thumping headache in a bed that's not mine. Great. Except, worst, I'm not a drinker, and that means I am either on an alien world or have got back to the SGC without any conscious memory of it.

"Sam, can you hear me, honey?" Soft southern drawl? Check. Concern face? Check. Very irritating flash light in my eye? Check. Right, the SGC infirmary it is.

"Janet?" I ask, with an unnaturally husky voice. Being the genus that she is, Janet correctly takes that as. "Quick, get me water, painkillers and tell me what the hell is going on.". I am given the water, the meds are offered, and she then puts on her best, "Lets talk now, but don't get excited or I'll get a big needle out." Face. Okay, maybe I'm reading a little much into this. Hanging around with the Colonel too much..... then I remember.

"The Colonel." I say suddenly, sitting up in bed like I've been electrocuted. "He's..."

"Fine, Sam. He was the one that found you and brought you back here." Then suddenly its her stern doctor face. "You had a nasty bump on your head and had lost a hell of a lot of blood. You had the early stages of hypothermia."

It's official, my medical records must need their own storage area by now. I can imagine the conversation. "Yes, that's right Mr. President, Major Carter's records have taken over Area 51. Hope you weren't using the space for anything special."

"I saw him fall...." I start, until I hear a sound to my side and look to see the colonel standing there, hands in pockets and rocking like a small child in detention. "Sir!" I say and smile my biggest smile at him.

"Rumour of my death and all..." he says, shrugging slightly as if we were discussing the weather.

"I saw you fall." I say, unsure why I'm pushing the point seeing as he is quite obviously in front of me, but not quite able to let it go yet.

His face scrunches up, and the word "cute" springs to my mind for no reason I can fathom. "Yes, well, luck of the Irish. Landed on a ledge. Was out for a bit, then came too and dragged my sorry arse back up only to found you snoring on the top." I smile slightly.

"Irish?" I ask knowing that he is really about as Irish as my little finger.

"O'Neill. In the blood and all." He informs me, a smile playing round his lips.

"Yes sir." I say, confident he hears the laughter there.

"Colonel, I need to give Sam a full exam now she's awake." Good old Janet. The only person on the SGC who can command the Colonel out of a room without having to drag Hammond down to order him.

"Don't mind me." He says, a purposely-leering look on his face.

Janet is so unaffected by him it scares me sometimes. " As you delight in telling the rookies who come here..." She leans closer, and drops her voice to a theatrical whisper. "I have a really big needle sir, and if you don't let look at Sam in private, I promise next post-mission, it will have your name on it."

And the ex- special ops turns his tail, places it firmly between legs and backs out the room with all the dignity he can muster under the circumstances. I find myself giggling at him. He can be very sweet sometimes. Cute you could almost say.... O'god. O please god no. and suddenly it falls into place. He was okay, he saved me. That means he was real, and alive, and able to have listened to every damned words I said in that cave. And suddenly the pain in my head worsens again as I slowly realise the reason why the word cute is hanging in my mind like s bad smell. And even worse than that, he will remember every word I said. Including when I told him I kissed him in my head. I groan out load.

"Sam, you okay?" Janet asks.

"Fine" I lie to her and try and smile in a reassuring manor. Wonder if I could trace my medical record down. If I'm lucky they will fall and crush me before I have to deal with the colonel again.

It took Janet two days to let me out of the infirmary. Daniel came to see me a few times and even smuggled some work in. Teal'c came and was silent next to my bed once or twice, but no Colonel since that first time. I hope, vaguely, I'll admit, that he is holed up going his paperwork somewhere. Yes, and at the same time he could be looking at that "Skiing in Hell; a rough guide to when it freezes over." Leaflet as well. Damn. I have been racking my brain to try and recall exactly what I said and did. I cringed my way thorough the first few "cute" comments until my memory hit upon the kissing my hallucination revelation. I can only hope, that not being in my fevered little head at the time, and therefore not being privy to what exactly I was saying, he will pay the whole thing little or no heed. Of course, the fact I haven't seen him in two days, even him coming in on some lame excuse like always, well it's not a good thing. I have a really bad feeling that the "Room" just overfilled and the door burst open. Crap.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Xtra