Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Machello was right after all.

by Winter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Machello was right after all.

Machello was right after all.

by Winter

Title: Machello was right after all.
Author: Winter
Email: majorwinter@yahoo.com
Category: AlternateUniverse, Humor, MissingScene/Epilogue, Romance
Episode related: 118 Tin Man, 306 Point of View, 421 Double Jeopardy
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: It's not a perfect universe, but some corrections can be done. For one major this applies as: If it's broken, fix it.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Machello was right after all...*

"This is hard. Goodbye for a second time." "It's the first time"
"It doesn't feel that way to me. You have to understand.. My Jack had the same ..face, same voice, same hands.." "Which brings to mind an obvious question ... How could you marry such a looser?" Sam smiles 'And the bad jokes, even the bad jokes...' and then she turns to the other men in the room. "Thank you"
"You're welcome.", says Daniel.

Jack tilts his head 'go on, go home already' and Teal'c and Daniel touch the mirror and return to their reality. And so Dr Carter kisses Jack for a long time.

And on the other side of the quantum mirror major Carter thinks to herself. 'Oh, how much she must love him, or rather I love him, well not I I, but in a way she is me... what could have been... well, for her... it was. And now her world is safe, but Jack is dead... or her Jack. ... God, the thought hurts so bad, even if it wasn't my Jack... and they vere even married.'

"you are really not him, are you..?" 'You belong to the other world, you wouldn't leave your duty, it wouldn't be an option for you. But perhaps you and her. You will retire eventually. So perhaps I... she and you. God, ... why not me too... but at least there is a chance for you two.'

"No..." 'Oh, Sam it brakes my hart to see you sad. How can you have loved me so much..., no not me, but the other me. But you are not my Sam, my Sam is over there on the other side of the mirror. That's where I belong.'

Jack touches the mirror and returns to his world. Dr Carter turns off the mirror and tears fill her eyes.

Jack turns around.
"Welcome back Jack", says the general.
"General. You look MUCH better here than there.... Another day, another world rescued."

<....>

Later back in the other reality.
General Hammond walks through a door to a lab. "Ah, doctor Carter, I have the results you asked for. And good news. First there really is a Dr. Daniel Jackson and he is alive. Apparently he was on a dig somewhere in Egypt when all this started and it was in a remote enought place. As you suggested, we are now attempting to recruit him. Second thing. Catherine Langford survived and is ok. Pentagon archives were undamaged and astonishingly enough the files you asked for were found. Apparently they are some old test reports from 1945. And finally the stargate address you gave does connect. Now, doctor, if you could just explain what does this all mean?"

"Well, basically it means that we have a hero to rescue. And that we should bring a generator with us for that mission. Now, it is kind of a long story, the other Sam told it to me while we were there, so if you could just sit sir and I will tell you...."

<....>

After double jeopardy in the "normal reality".

Jack walks to Carter's lab.
"Sir."
"Call me Jack. So, what are you doing?" "Oh, these are simply infrared sender/receiver units. And I am connecting them to these two telephones so that with these for data transmission the phones don't need to be connected with an wire." "Ah, but isn't infrared light? So don't they have to be next to each other? Why would you then need a telephone?" "No, you could use lightfibre. But I want it to work without any cables. And this is simpler than radiowaves, because there isn't any security problems. These are ment for usage with the quantum mirror. You see, we keep one unit in our reality and send the other unit to the other. Then you just get electricity for both phones, even batteries will do. And we can talk to the other reality without going there. The mirror conducts the infrared light between the realities and we have data transmission. This way we can avoid the temporal entropic cascade failure all together. Meaning that same persons can see and talk to each other without any danger. You remeber Dr Carter and that se managed to make a copy of the mirror control device, which she then send to us. Well I think that I have a physics problem that I will need her help with." "Yeah I remeber, but wasn't it supposed to difficult to find the realities. So how will you find the right one?" "We made an arangement to have one special note in front of the mirrors, so we'll find each other easily." "Ah Carter, fess up, you two are just going to gossip between girls."

<....>

"Come in major, you wanted to see me."
Carter walks into Hammond's office and shuts the door. "Sir, permission to speak freely?"
"Granted, please sit down major. What's on your mind?" "Sir you know everything about Harlan and the robots he made... us... " "Yes.?"
"They were us, mentally at least, and at least I would trust...me...the robot me I mean and well, sir, I know I have had a part in saving this world for a couple of times and frankly I have kind of a huge favor to ask. So if you could at least hear me out" "Yes, of course major. For you, anything that would be in my power, within reason of course. Do tell me." "How would you feel if I suggested to have a robot personality in the SGC?" "Ah, well, depending if it was safe. Do you mean like having a copy of someone? There is a security consern, but if was somebody trusthworthy. But that wouldn't be totally up to me. I mean, I could try to pull some strings... It might be possible, but what do you exactly mean? And what about the energy, I understood that the powerpacks didn't last very long." "Well, lets just say that I know somebody hwo could solve the power problem. And is infact working on it already, allthough she doesn't know why. Mainly I would need you to to talk to a someone, convince them. And frankly him, well, the robot wouldn't be here excatly. And the person you should convince, is well, ah. you. Now I'll try to explain it completely..."

<....>

"George."
"George."
"So, why this meeting? Dr. Carter didn't tell me anything, just that your, well, major Carter had asked her to ask me to see you. She said that she didn't know anything else." "Ah, well I'll try to explain. I my world my SG-1 had a mission to P3X989 and there was this Harlan, who is an android..."

<....>

"Major Carter, I am happy to tell you that your idea has been approved. It took some time to convince him, but apparently I do listen to myself. And basicly it was the same thing, anything for you. You have earned it. Several times over. Now I'm just worried about getting Jack to go along." "Thank you sir. I think that I know just the person to get to talk to Jack."

<....>

"Hi Sam."
"Well hi to you too"
"I got the powerpack plans ready, it wasn't that difficult after all." "Wow that was fast, I had real problems. Frankly I thought that 48 hours was the best I could come up with." "Well anything for you major. But I'd sure like to know what you need it for." "Well doctor I'll tell you, but if I could do that later it would be better." "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. You know I trust you completely." "I do too, trust you that is. You know I'd really need to see Kawalsky. Do you think that you could get him to come to visit us for a couple of hours?" "I'm sure he'd love to come."
"So how are things over there?..."

<....>

"Colonel, mind if I pop in?"
"Kawalsky! You old hag! Come, have a beer." "Thanks Jack."
"So what brings you here?"
"Oh this and that. This and that..."

<....>

"So?"
"Well, belive it or not he's game that is if you are, or rather if Dr Carter is. Well, frankly I wasn't surprised and she, she won't even have to think about it. Belive me, I know. But it would be so nice if you could ask her or tell her or, well, you know what I mean." "Yes, of course. Thank you major."
"No thank you major, for coming up with this. Thank you for everything." "Oh, you know. One for all, all for one. See you around." "See you."

<....>

"Comtraya!"
"Hello Harlan."
"Hello. Don't worry. Everything will be alright, everything will be better. There is nothing to worry about." "Yes, I know. I know it went well last time. But I still find this hard to believe. Are you sure it's safe?" "Yes of course it is. Don't worry. Everything will be better."

<....>

"So"
"So"
"You know about the thing you were thinking before this...this..." "Xeroxing?"
"Yeah. Anyway are you sure you are ok with it." "Duh, you know I am, you should remeber. I'll go and see doc Fraiser when we get home." "You don't know how much I appreciate that." "No, I do know. I just love kids...You... just love kids." "And dogs too."
"Yeah, dogs too."

<....>

"Dad I'm so happy that you came. It means so much to both of us." "Nothing would have stopped me, not after I was told about this. I'm so proud of you, in any and all possibilities. You know, I'll come to visit. Eventhough you get a bit of lag from all that traveling through time and space."

"Sir, you know, I feel so strange. To be in 'my own wedding' " "Yeah Carter I now what you mean. You know I think that it's even stranger for me. I mean, I know the husband so well." "They make a nice couple. Especially the fiance is so hansome." "Cough!"

"So doctor I understand that 'our' theories about aliens and pyramids turned out to be right." "Yes... You know I envy you in one respect." "Oh, in what?"
"Well, at least you will now be credited for them." "Ah, of course."
"You know since you are sort of a new in these matters, here is a piece of advice. Watch your step and be careful out there. It's a dangerous universe." "It is?"

"...so that's what the rice if for."
"Yes, they would indeed need some help in the matter." "Teal'c, lets just say that our colonel O'Neil made a small deposit for the other colonel O'Neil" "DoctorFraiser, I do not understand how financial investments will help the situation. Surely they will both get their normal income form the goverment and money will not be a problem." "Sigh..."

"So George I'm happy to hear that your family is safe." "Likewise. ... I just got some new photographs from development. If you're interested.?" "Absolutely, I too brought some."
"Oh, well these are from Kaylas last cristmas play..."

*...All good things don't have to come to an end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Winter