Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

A Sad Day

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Sad Day

A Sad Day

by Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson

Summary: Jack mournes the tenth anniversary of the formation of SG1, the one year since their deaths.
Category: Angst, Future Story
Episode Related: Future Story
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: character death
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-03-14

Author's note: Inspired by a poem written by SamC 'It rained today'.

--------------------------

The rain poured out of the dark night sky, hitting the ground and the man stood alone drowning in sorrows. The rain splashed his coat and ran down his worn face, his grey hair was plastered to his head and he was soaked through, chilled to the bone.

It wasn't the rain that chilled him. He was alone with his memories on a night like this, a night for friends, a night for laughs.

He had none, friends that is.

The man starred at the field surrounding him. A field filled with pain and loss, filled with tombs and stones.

He hated cemeteries, always had. As a child visiting his grand parents graves he would complain constantly, death got to him even then, soaking through his veins to prepare him for life.

As an adult he would see countless people, friends and comrades be put into the ground, some making their graves where they fell.

Not his son, not Charlie. But it had happened, he blamed himself, anyone would have. He often visited his son's grave, not often enough he would think to himself.

Not tonight, not on this lousy excuse for a day. Today he visited other graves, more recent graves.

Today marked the tenth year of the formation of his pride and joy, it also marked their deaths. SG1 went on their final mission this time last year and not a single one of them came back without a body bag. That was a sad day at the SGC, his last as commander, his last with his sanity in tact.

Gently he laid a lone rose down on the grave he stood at the foot of.

"Goodbye Sam, I'll see you soon."

He turned to leave.

The wind changed direction and blew across his face.

A voice whispered to him.

"Whatever you say Carter, I'll see you another day then. Put in a good word for me with the Big Guy."

He started to walk towards the exit when a car pulled up by the gate. A Young woman with brown hair stepped out of the car and ran over to him, putting up an umbrella.

"Jack, what are you doing out here in the rain?" The woman asked. "You're drenched."

"Not now Cass." He said walking away.

"Oh, I'm sorry Jack. I forgot." She turned and looked at the three gravestones. "How could I forget?"

"Not your fault Cassie." Jack muttered.

"Let's get you home and change you into some dry clothes." Cassie said holding back her tears.

"You're not my mother."

"No but I'm your niece so you'll do as I say."

Jack smiled and walked to Cassandra's car. He did have someone, his lifeline, his niece.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr Sarah Fraiser-Jackson