Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Communion

by Tracy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Communion,"

"Communion,"

by Tracy

Summary: Tag scene to Lost City Part II. Forgive me, I've been reading too much Anne Rice, I think.
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue
Episode Related: 722 LOST CITY Part 2
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/29/04

Communion By Tracy Summary: Episode tag to Lost City part II Season: Seven Pairing: Sam/Jack Rating: PG Feedback: Yes, please, to TTHUR20385@aol.com Archive: Yes

*******

He comes to me in my dreams.

I open my eyes and he's standing by my bed watching me with that haunted look on his face. I take his hand and draw him to me. He's cold, so cold, and I try to warm him, with my hands, my mouth, my body. He clutches at me desperately, and in my dream, we both have lost the ability to speak. I try to convey my feelings to him, try to reassure him, try to let him know what he means to me, but instead of warming him, that terrible cold seeps through me, bleeds into me.

When I awake in the morning, he's gone, and I try to carry on as best I can. Daniel is worried, I can tell, and asks me often how I'm doing. I can't tell him how cold I am, so I remain silent. Teal'c watches me with concern, but doesn't broach the subject. They both know how determined I am, and are willing to do anything to help. I know that. I know them.

I haven't left the base since all this happened. I stay in my quarters here, and I haven't been home, haven't seen daylight in...I'm not sure how long. I stay here because it's close to the gate, should anything happen, and it's somehow close to him. As close as I can be right now.

I am avoiding dealing with Pete. I have ignored all of his attempts to contact me. I can't bear to face who I am, who I have to be, with Pete. I can't be that person right now, can't even remember who she was. After my dreams, I admit I can't bear the thought of Pete touching me. If he did, I feel certain his warmth would shatter me into a million tiny pieces.

So, I devote all my time to finding a solution. Trying to find a way to get Jack back, but the cold is getting worse every day. When I go to sleep at night, I know he will come to me again, and I wait.

Fin

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tracy