Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

A Jack and Sam Moment

by Digitalfletch
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Jack and Sam Moment

A Jack and Sam Moment

by Digitalfletch

Summary: After the fighting, Jack and Sam connect in a brief interlude
Category: Drama
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-05-08

Colonel Jack O'Neill stood on the gate platform of PX3-239 and surveyed the scene. Shrouded for most of the day in thick clouds, the twin suns had finally appeared and bathed in light the shallow depression that held the Stargate and the tree line above the surrounding ridge.

He sighed, pulling up his right sleeve. The knife wound in his forearm was long but not deep, and had finally stopped bleeding. Best thing that's happened all day, he thought sourly.

What was supposed to have been a simple retrieval mission, blasting SG-4 out of the cave they'd gotten themselves trapped in when a sudden mudslide had buried the entrance, had turned into a dangerous rescue operation. Just as Carter had figured out how to clear an opening without bringing down the whole mountain, they'd been attacked by a bunch of unfriendly natives wielding knives and machetes. Hemmed in at the newly-cleared cave mouth, the two SG teams had had to resort to hand-to-hand combat to beat back their foes and were fortunate to escape without casualties.

Major Carter sat at the top of the steps to the platform, using her field binoculars to scan the ridgeline for signs of pursuit. Like O'Neill she was splattered with dirt and blood. Her torn uniform revealed shallow gashes in her shoulder and torso, and judging by the way she had hugged herself with her arms on the trek back to the gate, she had bruised or even cracked a few ribs.

"Daniel, we've secured the gate," he radioed. "You and the others can come in now."

"We're on our way. We should be there in about twenty minutes."

"Copy that." O'Neill joined Carter on the steps, settling gingerly beside her.

For a long time they sat in companionable silence. The suns were setting and a chill settled into the valley. Finally O'Neill's knee and arm began to stiffen, and he shifted uncomfortably.

"Carter?"

"Yes sir?" Her voice was tight. Definitely some cracked ribs, then. He'd make sure the Doc took care of her as soon as they got back.

"Do you ever think of, one of these years, getting out of all this and having a normal life?"

Carter lowered the binoculars to look at O'Neill. "What do you mean, sir?"

For crying out loud, Carter, it wasn't a trick question. "You know, settling down, getting married, having -"

"Two point five kids and a station wagon?" she finished the sentence for him. They'd been doing that a lot lately.

"Something like that."

She hesitated for a moment. Then, matter-of-factly, "Yes sir."

He nodded. Ok. Now for the hard part. He took the binoculars from her hand and scanned the ridge, suddenly unable to meet her eyes. Come on, Jack, take the plunge. "Do you ever think of...having any of that with me?"

This time there was no hesitation. He could feel her gaze resting on him. "Yes sir."

Jack grinned to himself, his heart racing.

No hesitation.

Yes sir.

#

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Digitalfletch