Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

It Starts

by TKDChic
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It Starts

It Starts

by TKDChic

TITLE: It Starts
AUTHOR: TKDChic
EMAIL: Tard003@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack, Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: A new member of SG-1 threatens to take Sam away from Jack before he can tell her his true feelings.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. Yep.

Major Samantha Carter flipped through the files weighing down her arms. She wished she could brush the annoying strand of blonde hair that hung in front of her eyes but the heavy files wouldn't permit that. Growling, she continued her original path down the dim corridor.

The files were more surveillance reports from P3X9110. That was SG-1's next mission: To gather evidence of previous human inhabitance. Sam scrunched up her face, she was sick of doing small missions with little outcomes.

"What else do we ever do?" she mused out loud.

"What was that?"

Sam spun around to become face to face with General Hammond.

"Sorry, sir! I didn't know you were there!" she said quickly, hoping he didn't hear her last remark.

But he did. "Things getting a little tedious, Major?" Hammond asked with an all-knowing look on his face.

Sam sighed and hung her head, "A bit, sir. The last 15 missions SG-1 has been on have had no signs of life even close to our intelligence! We haven't seen anything except huge mosquitoes and unforgiving suns!"

She didn't mean to sound whiney but she couldn't help it. She was becoming bored.I'm a scientist! I need something to study!

Hammond nodded, "I know things haven't been the most exciting around here for a while."

Sam nodded and was about to say something when she was cut short...

"That's why I have invited Colonel Silvor to accompany SG-1 on this upcoming mission. He's a top scientist with a lot of experience with Gate travel. He's been to P3X9110 and knows the terrain and where to find what we're looking for: traces of human life. With him on the team, I'm sure things will pick up a lot more than usual."

Sam was more than a little intrigued. She had heard of Colonel Jason Silvor. A decorated vet with enough brain power to fill a stadium. Things were starting to look up.

"He should arrive at 1400 hours. Be in my office to greet him."

And with that, Hammond disappeared around the corner.

In a WAY better mood, Sam made her way to the lab and began searching through the files for any information she could get on P3X9110.

"Hey, Sam!"

Sam looked at the doorway which was now filled with the large, handsome form of Colonel O'Neill.

She had to admit, she liked him. From the day they had met, his stubborn, arrogant, brave and intuitive nature had sent her reeling for months until she had learned to deal with the man. They had a wonderful friendship but sometimes she wished it could be more. But for now, she didn't want to push it. He's a volatile man and she wouldn't want to set him on fire.

"Yes, sir?"

"Just wondering if you would like to grace us with your presence for lunch?" he asked with as much charm as he could muster.

Sam smiled, "Of course."

***
Daniel took another bite of his soup and shook his head, "So Jason Silvor is really going to join the team?"

Sam nodded, cutting a tomato in half. "General says he's been to P3X9110 and knows where to find certain ruins. With our help, he'll be able to take some of the ruins back to Earth to be studied."

Jack snorted. "We don't need another team member. Just some time and the right equipment."

Sam rolled her eyes. Jack's ego getting in the way again. "I beg to differ, Colonel. He knows the planet and he knows the research. He's just what we need."

Jack snorted again and took a bite of his sandwich.

"I agree with the Major," Teal'c spoke, "Colonel Silvor will be able to aid us in our mission. I am glad he is joining us."

Sam smiled across the table at Teal'c. "Thank you, Teal'c."

Jack's eyes narrowed as he watched Sam smiled at Teal'c. He liked her...A lot. The smartest woman...no, person...he had ever met. Sam was one surprise after another. She could take a hit and keep on coming. Any other woman would have surely quit SG-1 by now after all they've been through, but Sam had no intentions of leaving. His friendship with her was of the purest nature, but he couldn't help wishing for more.

Silvor bothered him. A decorated vet with a large brain and a way with the ladies, or so he had heard. Rumor was that wherever Silvor went, the women followed. He hoped Carter wouldn't be sucked into Silvor's irresistible charms. Oh, God he hoped.

***
Sam looked at her watch excitedly. Five minutes to Colonel Silvor's arrival. She felt as giddy as a schoolgirl as she fixed her hair one last time and headed out the door.

She could hear voices coming from General Hammond's office as she neared the door. The voice was deep and melodious and handsome. Would the face be the same?

She mentally smacked herself. Why was she acting this way? Caring about how this man looked? She didn't usually care but this time it was different.

Sam had called her friend, Terry, who she knew had worked with Colonel Silvor. Terry had giggled furiously and kept telling Sam that he was a knock out. Terry even warned Sam not to be taken by his charms. Many a woman had been gotten and forgotten by Jason Silvor, she didn't want Sam to be another.

Sam dismissed the thought. She wasn't a high school teenager anymore who would faint at the sight of a cute guy. She was a successful scientist working for the most technologically advanced branch of the government. She would not be swayed easily.

Knocking twice, she heard General Hammond's normal, "Enter."

She opened the door, stepped through and stopped in her tracks.

Colonel Jason Silvor was one of the most handsome men she had ever seen! His body was tall, lean and muscular. His face a perfectly chiseled piece of man. His eyes the color of a spring sky. And his smile was to die for.

He extended an arm, "Major Samantha Carter, I presume? I am Colonel Jason Silvor. Pleased to meet you."

Sam shook herself out of her reverie and laid her hand into his. To her surprise, instead of shaking her hand he brought it delicately to his lips and kissed it with curbed passion.

Jason's eyes sought hers and looked deep into the depths. Sam almost fell over.

"I've read a few of your articles about Silicon Ionization During Gate Travel. They were fascinating. I can't wait to pick your gorgeous brain about them." Silvor oozed, kissing her hand again.

Colonel O'Neill walked in to see Sam's hand being kissed by Colonel Silvor. Anger and jealously welled up inside of him and it took all of his restraint to keep himself from punching Silvor right in his pretty little face.

From the looks on Daniel and Teal'c's face, they were surprised, too. Daniel quickly shot a glance at Jack, and noticing the narrowed eyebrows and molten eyes decided to break this up before Jack became violent.

It didn't take a genius to figure out the Jack had a thing for Carter. Daniel had noticed it the first day they had met. Sparks flew like it was the 4th of July! And now, Daniel couldn't imagine what was going on in Jack's mind. What kind of sadistic torture methods to use on Silvor was he thinking of?

"Hi! I'm Daniel Jackson and you must be Colonel Silvor!" Daniel said with forced excitement.

Silvor took one last look at Samantha and gently dropped her hand to shake Daniel's.

"And I am Teal'c."

Silvor wasn't at all surprised. "I have heard a lot about you Teal'c. I look forward to learning from you the ways of the Go'auld. Your stories must be fascinating."

Teal'c bowed respectfully and let Jack step forward.

Silvor's eyes turned a few degrees cooler. Jack grabbed his hand and squeezed it as they shook.

"How do you do, Colonel Silvor. Good to have you aboard," Jack growled through his teeth.

Silvor nodded, "Likewise."

The two men took to a staring contest until General Hammond intervened, "Why don't you four show Colonel Silvor around the complex. I'm sure he'd love to see the other Gate, as well."

"Yes, sir," Jack growled, stalking out of the tension-filled office.

***
After a brief tour, SG-1 and their new team mate were off for the night. Usually, they went their separate ways: Jack to the gym, Sam to the gym or lab, Daniel to the library and Teal'c to his quarters to meditate.

But with Colonel Silvor nearby, Jack wasn't letting Sam out of his sight. Jack knew he didn't have any say with what she did on her personal time but he wouldn't let her get hurt by Silvor.

"You're the Carter who came up with the Space Over Matter Parsec Equation? Fascinating! I used your calculation to form the Star Millenia Thereom!" Silvor spouted brightly.

Sam couldn't help but blush as Silvor's enchanting blue eyes gazed at her profoundly.

Jack's eyes narrowed so far it hurt. He had been looking at the back end of Silvor and Sam for the last half hour as they chatted about scientific discoveries and big words Jack couldn't even guess the meanings of.

Finally, the threesome stopped in front of Carter's quarters.

"It has been a pleasure, Major. I feel truly blessed to be a part of a team with such a brilliant, and beautiful, scientist to chat with." Silvor said as he raised her hand to his lips,"Au revoir, Major."

He gently released her hand and watched her back into the dark room.

She glanced at Jack, whom she had forgotten was even there, and smiled a goodnight.

"Night, Carter," Jack said soberly.

When Sam's door shut they were left alone in the hall together. Eyes blazing and fists ready.

"Leave her alone, Silvor." Jack growled, his whole body challenging.

Silvor's eyebrow rose, "You want her, O'Neill?"

Jack's eyes held the answer, he needn't say a thing. He was ready and willing to punch the new guy's lights out for Sam. He nodded cooly.

Silvor did exactly what Jack didn't think he would do: he turned and walked away.

Silvor's retreating back was all he could see when he heard the words, "May the best man win."

Continued in "A City Found"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to TKDChic