Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

City Found, A

by TKDChic
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A City Found

A City Found

by TkdChic

Title: A City Found
Author: TkdChic
Email: tard003@hotmail.com
Category: AU, Action/Adventure, Romance
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: any
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: adult themes, m/f relationship
Summary: Colonel Silvor, the newest member of SG-1, is embarking on his first mission with SG-1...And tensions run high between Jack and Silvor, competing for Sam's affections.
Status: Completed
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. Ok.

A City Found

Salty beads of sweat rolled down Jack's face as he mercilessly beat the brick red punching bag. His arms ached, his head ached, but most of all...his heart ached.

Watching Jason Silvor use his charms on Sam was almost too much to bear. It had been three days since Silvor's unexpected arrival, and already the rouge was buying her flowers and finding little single-celled creatures for her to study...how romantic.

Jack threw his shoulder angrily into the next right hook, jarring his whole body. Stopping, he rested his weary head against the warm bag.

What does she see in him? he thought.

Well,his conscious mused, he's good looking, charming, smart, athletic, romantic, can speak French quite fluently...

Jack slapped himself in the head, Sorry I asked!

He let out a deep breath, trying desperately to calm his raging emotions. He couldn't believe that tomorrow SG-1, and Silvor, were scheduled to travel to P3X9110 to search for evidence of previous human inhabitance. This was a routine operation, but with Silvor tagging along, it would be an experience.

"I love her! That's what matters. Silvor is nothing...I love her." Jack blurted out loud.

Jack punched the bag and left it, like his heart, swinging precariously.

***

Through the gate they had gone, and here they were, standing on an alien planet.

Daniel wiped his glasses and readjusted them on his head.

Hmmm...Tropical climate...humid...temperature stable...

He mentally observed the new planet as his boots crunched softly over the ground.

This was definitely a tropical paradise. Gigantic trees rose like pillars around the team. Large, deep green vines twined and crawled up their trunks, seeking the light that their leaves blocked from reaching the surface.

Humid, sticky air clung to Daniel's face and glasses; creating small beads of dew on the rims. He noticed that the plant life on the forest floor consisted of low-light plants and some with blooming buds as big as his head. He watched and listened as rainbow-colored birds streaked about above and small animals squeaked curiously from below. This place was absolutely beautiful.

Daniel was wrenched from his dream-like state as harsh sounds of bickering erupted from in front of him.

"...finding civilization, or signs of it, is our first priority!" Silvor shot at Jack.

"No, our first priority is to secure the perimeter and make sure there are no locals, or Go'auld, waiting to ambush us!" Jack countered.

Silvor took an angry step forward, his and Jack's faces almost touching.

"The perimeter has been secure for days! Do you forget that Gate Security has already secured the perimeter with cameras? Or are you afraid to venture off the path and be a man for once!"

"You pompous bastard! I'm the one in charge!" Jack hurled at Silvor, grabbing him by the coat.

Jack was just about to punch Silvor's pretty face in when Sam came running up.

"Stop it you two! Jack, "she narrowed angry eyes on him, "let him go, now!"

He did as he was told. Silvor stepped back and towards Sam, leveling a stare full of hatred at Jack.

"You two are acting like teenage boys! Either calm yourselves or I'll tell General Hammond you are both unfit to be on this mission! Understand?"

Still boring their hatred into each other, they nodded and moved off in different directions. Jack toward Tealc and Silvor toward Sam.

Sam still looked agitated but was quickly subdued by Silvor's charm. Jack on the other hand wanted to punch everything in sight.

Tealc watched his friend and commander with intrigued eyes. He had never seen Jack act so unprofessionally toward another human. He sensed something very wrong with his friend, but now was not the time to inquire. Later, perhaps.

The group, now split into Silvor and Sam, Jack and Tealc and Daniel bringing up the rear, walked on through the hot rainforest. So far, all that was sighted was a few rodents and brightly colored parrots sailing through the air. No sign of human life.

A deep rumbling became audible and then tangible as they moved farther and farther away from the Gate. Jack was out front by himself now. His keen eyes darted back and forth, waiting for something bad to happen.

Sam noticed the dim light receding and a new light filling it. The forest floor that was laden with low-light plants gave way to more moderate-light plants as the sunlight increased. The rumbling was still there, it shook the ground and her feet with it.

Silvor was still seething from his encounter with Jack when he noticed the plant life changing. We must be coming to a clearing, he thought.

Jack edged forward. A curtain of vines and leaves hung in his way and certainly concealed whatever was creating the rumbling the shook the ground and his ears. He gently pushed it aside.

His eyes widened at the sight before him. SG-1 was located on the edge of a mighty cliff, that stretched out for many miles in the shape of a half moon. Opposite of them, a huge waterfall cascaded down a rocky cliff to land in a lagoon or pure blue below. A vast field of green windswept grass below bustled with activity.

Acitvity? His mind reeled with possibilities as he brought his binoculars to his eyes.

People! There they were, about a hundred of them. Men, women and children all engaged in some activity. Farther away he could see fields of some golden colored crop that were being cut down by men with long curved swords. Women cooked over fires and watched children play on horses about them.

Still scanning with his binoculars, he sought the cliff where most of the people seemed to be located by. A most amazing sight greeted him. Carved right into the cliff, was a huge building. The first thing that came to his mind was Indiana Jones...the one with the holy grail and the temple built into the cliffs. It looked akin to that. Giant pillars stood out front upwards of a set of stairs. Atop the pillars was a large, triangular shape carved with shaped he couldn't discern. He would have to get closer for a better look.

Jack turned to motion the rest of SG-1 to him. Sam, sensing something, rushed forward and gasped at what she saw. They had done it, they had found human life.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to TkdChic