Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Pringals, Miller and Bacon Sandwiches

by Tigger
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Pringals, Miller and Bacon Sandwiches

Pringals, Miller and Bacon Sandwiches

by Tigger

Title: Pringals, Miller and Bacon Sandwiches
Author: Tigger
Email: tiggerboland@yahoo.co.uk
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: what would happen if carter could accept that fishing invitation
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Pringles, Miller
And Bacon Sandwiches
By
Tigger

Title: Pringles, Miller and Bacon Sandwiches Author: Tigger
Email: tiggerboland@yahoo.co.uk
Category: Humour, Romance
Pairing: Sam/Jack and a mention of Daniel/Janet Spoilers: window of opportunity, divide and conquer, basically all of them are mentioned someway or another but these two are the main ones (and I couldn't remember the names of the others) Season: all
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: a little bit of ass is mentioned Status: Completed
Summary: what would happen if Carter could accept the fishing invitation

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. Not to be archived without permission of the author.

Author's notes: All I can say when you read this you will so be able to tell I'm Irish with all the cups of tea, and before you read this you should know that I do not know the addresses of the planets, so I made them up, and anyone who does should really get a life. I have never written fan fiction before so I hope you like it, but I have to say my biggest critic liked it. (Thanks Jo (my sister). Please send feedback and be kind, I hope you like it.

"Good morn'in campers" Jack said as he sauntered into the briefing room on a Friday afternoon, knowing the weekend lay ahead him. He had decided to go fishing this weekend because every time lately he tried to go, the earth was threatened again by some Goa'uld or other. You'd have thought with all their power they would have heard of a holiday.

After he sat down in his usual seat he noticed Carter deep in thought. He loved her so much, how she took every thing so serious. "If only she knew what I did in that time loop about 3 months ago", he smiled to himself as he remembered every little detail of that kiss "and I even think she kissed me back"!

Carter looked over the table at her C/O. " God he is soooo Cute, his eyes, his mouth, stop it Sam you REALLY shouldn't think like that about Jack I mean Colonel O' Niell",............. "Aahh, Samantha O' Niell sounds so good, HMMM!! "Good grief girl, get a grip on yourself will you" she mentally shook herself."

"Well if were're all here we can make a start" General Hammond had been standing there for a while and decided to cut in before two members of SG-1 (not meaning Daniel and Teal'c, good grief what a horrible thought) were about to jump over the table at each other and we all know it would not be to kill.

Major Cater stood up and started her briefing, her hand still had the bandage on it, since the reactor decided to blow up on her. Half way trough it she could see Jack fading into a deep coma so she decided to wrap it up. "Well that's all I have on it so fair, I still have a lot of testing to do on the Nacquida Reactor but I understand the power source better and why it blew up"

"Thank you Major Carter, well if that's everything people, you are on down time for about a week so enjoy yourself, oh and Major on the recommendation of Dr. Frasier, your not aloud spend your time in your lab, I am ordering you to go for a holiday somewhere as long as it not near this facility" " Ok Dismissed"

Jack decides this is his chance to act " He was going to ask her to go fishing with him, this was would the third time he had asked, "but I mean she can't say no, she was ordered off the base" Jack runs out of the briefing room to catch up with Carter. She seemed to be walking really fast and muttering something to herself. "I can't believe that the General ordered me off the base, what did I do to him and Janet I'll kill her when I see her, and my hand, I mean its only a small burn, its not as if I'm annoying anyone am I, well at least I don't think I am?"

The Cornel finally caught up with her as she entered the lift to head to her lab, "You'd think she was never going to see It again" Jack thought to himself "Hey Carter hold the lift will yah", she obviously didn't hear him cause he just about got his hand to the door to stop before it closed "Geez Carter are you with us or what?" "Sorry what, Oh sorry Sir I didn't see you there" Carter finally acknowledged him.

"Something wrong, she looked him in and open gaze, "I mean you seem angry about something" he knowing fully what was wrong, but loved to mess with her head.

"No sir there's nothing wrong" she suddenly turned to face him causing him to jump, "But can you believe that the general ordered me off the base".

"Maybe he noticed you need a break and the only way to get you off the base was to make it an order, God knows you had close call when that Reactor blew" Jack said trying to make it sincere "But its not as if I was seriously burned all it got was my hand" Sam trying to make it less serious but she knew it could have been a lot worse.

"Hey speaking of getting away I was thinking of going fishing this weekend anyway and now we have down time I can spend longer, .........all I'm saying is I was wondering if......" he stopped in mid-sentence as he realised that she was staring at him with those blue eyes of hers, "I mean would you like to come fishing with me" he finally go it out of his mouth after four years of trying he did it, now all he had to do was wait for the response.

He watched her face as she tried to work out in her head what he just asked her. I mean the first answer would have been "thanks but no I would prefer to work in my lab and catch up on work that has piled up on my desk", but now that the general has ordered me off the base she..... "Oh what the Hell, I accept" it came out of her mouth before she could say it in her head.

"Oh, she said yes, I can't believe she said yes, thank you General I would kiss your bald head if I could but I would probably get a court marshal if I did"

They had decided to leave a 6am the next morning and Jack said he would pick her up at her house and they would go in his truck, there was no point in bringing her grey Aston Martin as well.

Sam opens one eye and looks at the clock on her bedside table it said 5.25am. She was rudely awoken by her doorbell ringing continuously. She drags herself out of bed and walks to the door. "For once in his life he decides to arrive early" she mumbles as she opens the door in her pink P.J.'s with cats on them "What are you doing here at half five in the morning I thought you said six?"

"Cute Pyjama's Carter especially like the cats" Jack said trying to hide the smirk on his face. "Yeah I know I said six but I needed to get petrol for the truck and other supplies so I decided we might leave earlier, if that's ok with you"

"I'm going nowhere before I have a cup of tea and a shower" she said with her eyes half closed.

Sam got into the shower and Jack sat on the couch picked up a magazine and stared to flick trough it. After about five minutes he spots a page he quite likes, "Oh nice bra I bet Carter would look good in that" Jack said under his breath, but he hadn't realised that she had walked into the sitting room behind him. "What was that I missed what you said" she asked while still rubbing her hair with a towel. "Whoa, Carter don't do that you scared me, eh you were quick" "that's what you get when you're on the same team with three other guys and only one locker room"

"You ready to go then" he said as he jumped out of the chair. "Yeah just let me grab my bag and we can go" Carter goes back into her room and brings out a small ruck sack " What Carter no four piece luggage set" Jack says with a devilish look on his face. "I thought we were going fishing not to the Ritz" she said in reply.

They walk out to the truck and put her bag in the boot; she spots what he has brought and decides to get her own back. "Eh sir I notice you haven't packed a P-90 or a Zat gun and I see your going for the traditional fishing trip, what, no dynamite" Jack looks back at her with a "thank you smart ass" look on his face.

They both get in the truck and put their seat belts on, he starts the engine and the CD player comes to life, he has the best of Sting and the Police playing. Sam spots the CD case and picks it up "oh I love this guy, do you mind if I change the song to my favourite" "no problem knock yourself out" she chances it to number 18 Fields of gold "I really love this song" she says as she starts to sing along.

Jack leans back into his chair and gets comfortable, just listening to the woman he loves singing along to the CD, and he thought to himself, "This week is going to be great" Before they properly could start on their journey, they had to stop for petrol or otherwise his cover would be blown for why he called so early.

About quarter to nine they pull into this small village just about coming alive on a beautiful Saturday morning. They had been about 3 hrs driving but the time had just flown by. They talked about everything, past missions, why Daniel seemed so accident prone, they decided it's because he fancies Janet. They also talked about Teal'c and General Hammond but no mention of either of them. She was worried they would start to talk about the Zatarc thing and he was worried the whole wormhole thing would be brought up.

They bought supplies for the cabin, a gas bottle for the stove ,wood and coal for the fire, bate for the fish and food, lots of hot chocolate of course and marshmallows. They packed it up in the truck and started back on there journey.

It only took another half an hour to get to the cabin. It was not the bachelor pad she expected to see, it was beautiful with a little pier, a big lake and the cabin looked quite big from the outside as well.

"It's really nice here" she said to Jack as they climbed out of the truck and both met in front of it. They just stood there in silence for about five minuets taking in the beauty of it all, the blue sky and the sun just being reflected in the rippling lake.

"Come let me show you the cabin" Jack said as he dug the keys for the front door out of his tight jean pocket with Sam standing still at the front of the truck "Good grief he has a cute ass in jeans, it should be illegal for him to wear them" she thought to herself "Carter are you coming or are you going to stand there all day" "Huh what, oh sorry"
"What are you staring at anyway, is there something on the back of my jeans or what?" "Eh no your Ass is fine, uh I mean.....Your grand" she said as she quickly pushed passed him into the cabin trying to cover her beetroot coloured face. "Right any hew, this is the sitting room with genuine fire place, just down the hall and to the right is the kitchen, there is and en-suite in the master bedroom and a shower and a toilet next door to the guest room. You can have the choice of which room you want.

"I'll take the guest room if you don't mind" Carter said shyly, "Are you sure cause you can have the master room if you want?" Jack said insisting "Eh okay if you're sure"

"Right you find the room and I'll get the bags and bring them in" She walk down the hallway and entered the first room on her left. The first thing she noticed was the picture of Jack, his Wife and his son Charlie that he never talks about accept for that time he lost it with that dude on P3X-9374 just before they stopped the time loop. I'd read about what happened in his file so I knew pretty much everything about him but I couldn't have guessed how painful it would have been to lose a child.

"He looked so happy then, he had less grey hair and a bigger smile, with his Charlie sitting on his lap and with his arm around his wife" she thought to herself. She jumped when she heard jack come in behind her.

"Well here's your bag, we can have some breakfast first and then set up the rods afterwards, if that's okay with you" "Yeah that sound fine, what's for breakfast then?" "Uh my favourite, Bacon sandwich with brown sauce and a cup of tea" Jack said with a smile on his face. "Well what do you know that's my favourite too"

The both of them are sitting at the end of the pier with rod in hand trousers rolled up and feet in water. "You look really awkward with the rod, you'd swear you'd never fished" Jack said not expecting an answer but just a look.

"Well wouldn't you if you had a bandage on your hand?"

"Maybe"

"Giving that, I have admit something to you, I have never have gone fishing before in my life, it was more camping with my Dad the military way more than anything else, but it was only when I was young then he became to busy with work and had no time for my brother Mark or me, and then when my mom died the whole bonding thing went out the window."

"How did you get into the whole fishing thing?" she asked "Well I used go with my dad and mom, it seemed to be a family thing and I loved it but when I grew up and joined the Air Force I didn't have the time to fish"

"What made you take it up again then sir?" Carter asked "Ah Carter can we drop the sir please, were not on duty you know" "Only if you call me Sam and not Carter" "Okay Sam it is then"
"Now answer my question, what made you take up fishing again?" Sam said with a smile on her face

"Ohm when Sarah had Charlie"
"That's your wife right?" Sam cut in to make things clear to herself "Yes she was my wife, anyway, I wanted me and Charlie to have something the two of us would enjoy as well as baseball, just like me and my father, so I bought this piece of land and lake and built this cabin"

"We had just come home a week before he, eh ........." Jack paused and just looked out onto the water, Sam could see this was a painful subject "I'm sorry Jack I didn't mean to upset you...." "That's okay Sam they say time heals all wounds but I think they lie, it's been nearly seven years and it's still as painful as the day it happened, anyway this was suppose to be an enjoyable week, we've not even been here a day and it's turned into a sob feast"

"Carter, eh sorry I mean Sam would you like a beer?" Jack asked getting up and heading for the cabin "Yeah I'll take a Miller if you've got it" "Yeah sure, you betcha."

After about five minutes he came walking out with two bottles of miller and a tube of `sour cream and onion' flavoured Pringles. He sat back down beside her and put his feet back in the water, he handed her the bottle of beer and opened the tube of Pringles. "You seem to know all my weaknesses Jack, Bacon sandwiches, Miller beer and Pringles" she said with a smile on her face.

"Ah the simple things in life, I think we should get the Air force to put them in the rations list" Jack said starting to laugh "Yeah that would be interesting" finally the mood started to lift, thank goodness Sam thought to herself "Well it would sure beat some of the foreign culture delicates we have had to taste" "Yeah, the taste like chicken line has become too familiar to me" Sam said as she took a drink of beer.

"Talking about foreign cultures and aliens what was the deal with that Orlin dude?" "Oh Orlin, yeah he had a really cute ass in jeans.... Eh I mean he was just your run of the mill alien, what's to explain" God, I think I've had too many of these Sam thinks to herself, still on the first

"Cute in jeans huh, so you're an ass women Carter, you dark horse" "Eh no, No I'm not" Sam said trying to protest but of course she was going bright red "Don't try to deny it I know you were checking out mine when I was opening to cabin door and what a lame cover up by the way" Jack said with a smug look on his face Sam had just gone so red you could see her from the Meir space station. "It's nothing to ashamed about Carter; I'm a leg man myself" "Really, I would have guessed that about you" "Yeah but it's a big bummer because all the planets we seem to go to all the women are wearing long robes, now where's the fun in that" the two of them started to laugh when carter nearly choked on her beer, sprayed Jack who had to take off his t-shirt, and believe me Sam was not complaining.

The week seemed to pass more or less in the same way. Except when Sam walked into Jack only wearing boxes (Calvin Klein if she wasn't mistaken) and that was an awkward couple of hours until we decided that they were both grown up and there was nothing to be embarrassed about.

The week had gone by and Jack really wanted to tell Sam how much he loved her and then kiss her like he did during the time loop, Oh wouldn't that be nice; except for the fact his life would not be worth living afterwards, she'd kill him.

Jack had yet to realise that Sam felt the same way and wanted to tell him as much as he wanted to tell her.

It was the night before they were to travel home and they both wanted to go out for dinner. Jack had remembered a nice restaurant he saw as they passed trough that village on their way to the cabin at the start of the week, which seemed only a day ago, and he was right the week had been great.

They both got ready to go out, Jack wore a Pair of black slacks a white t-shirt and a charcoal coloured jumper with of course the leather jacket. Sam wore this short (to just above her Knee) fitted red velvet dress with a matching shawl and a pair of black sandals; even with the white bandage on her hand she still looked lovely. Let's just say Jack nearly choked.

They arrived at this restaurant Jack had seen it has almost empty but it had a cosy feel to it with the white table cloth, the melted candle and the single red rose in a slender vase in the middle of the table.

They sat at a quiet table for two at the back near the fire place. "Nice choice Jack" "What can I say I have the eye" The waitress came over to take their order. After they had ordered she asked them would they like anything to drink, they both answered at the same time "Miller, please" they both looked at each other and laugh, the waitress just walked away bemused.

The evening seemed to go really well, they did what all friends do or should do, try each others food and in this case, they ended up switching plates. They ordered another few bottles of miller and surprisingly for Jack they danced to, of course to Carters favourite song "fields of gold."

"This is nice" Sam said with her head on Jack's shoulder "Hmmm" Jack seemed to mutter his agreement. "I haven't done this in a long time, well not since Jonas in anyway." This seemed to wake Jack from his current state with the mention of Jonas's name. Sam was also surprised how open she was, but in his arms she felt she could tell him everything.

"What made you think of him, Sam? I mean I thought you had gotten over him?" Jack said with both curiosity and worry in his voice. "Well it's just I haven't been this close to a man since him, physically or emotionally." "But what brought him up though; I thought we were having a good time?" Jack really was worried now; in case she wanted to end their friendship because of that loser Jonas.

"No I am, Believe Me I am,....... oh this is driving me nuts, I have to say something,............ shove the consequence's Sam for once in your life...."

Jack stared on dumbfounded at this sudden conversation Sam was having with herself "What's wrong Sam you're really worrying me now?"

"JACK I LOVE YOU" Sam finally shouted

"Jack just stood their at first then acted before he could think, and just like he did three month's ago he kissed her and this time he was sure she kissed back. This kiss seemed to last a lifetime and when they finally came up for air they realised that the whole restaurant were clapping and cheering. The two of them laughed, took a bow, paid their bill and left in a hurry (hand in hand of course).

She nearly forgot her shawl they were in such a hurry. When they got outside the cold air suddenly hit them both and Sam then realised her shawl wasn't enough to keep her warm.

Jack noticed her shivering and wrapped part of his jacket and arms around her. Sam turned around still in his arms looked into his brown eyes and kissed him deeply. She could just melt into his strong arms and stay there for ever. They walked back to the truck kissed a few more times, got in and drove away.

The ride back to the cabin was quite, both deep in thought:

The last thing Sam wanted to do was jump straight into to bed with Jack, she did that Jonas and look what happened there. It wasn't that she didn't love Jack, God she'd just admitted it in front of a restaurant full of people, that wasn't the problem.

She valued her friendship with Jack more than anything and the last thing she wanted to do was turn it into a one night stand, and go back to work and feel awkward. Sam wanted to take it slow and developed there friendship into something more serious, like go to dinner, the cinema, go for long walks instead of jumping into bed every five minutes and Jack had to except that.

Unknown to Sam, Jack was thinking along the same lines, he hasn't been with a woman since his wife (well besides the thing with that woman when he got stuck on that planet, oh yeah and that other one that nearly killed him with that aging disease but that was ages ago) he wasn't sure he could remember everything and he didn't want to ruin what he had with Sam in one night (yeah if he was going to that he would want a hell of a lot longer) he thought to himself trying to cover up a smirk.

They got to the cabin in what seemed to them a very short time. They both nervously got out of the truck and went into the cabin.

"I think we should talk" the both of them stopped and realised they had both said the same words at the same time.

Jack took Sam's hand and led her to the couch they both sat down and talked. This conversation went on for hours both taken turns to explain their worries, fears or apprehensions that either of them had. In the end they both agreed that they would keep the physical stuff (except kissing, of course) until they were both serious enough that they were sure that's what they both wanted.

"Well this will be interesting on Monday morning" Jack said smiling at his Sam before kissing her passionately once more.

That night they did sleep together in a way, Sam fell asleep in Jack's arms on the couch.

Feedback is welcome at tigerboland@yahoo.co.uk

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tigger