Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I'm Sorry Danny

by DCT
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I'm Sorry Danny

I'm Sorry Danny

by DCT

Summary: Jack's thoughts while by a familiar bedside.
Category: Angst, Smarm, Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Team
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-07-26

Jack sighed. He was getting way to used to this bedside vigil thing. It worried him to think how comfortable he was, watching this young man recover from yet another injury. He looked at where his friend lay peacefully. If it wasn't for the butterfly bandages on his forehead and the IV in his arm, he could imagine Daniel getting good, uninterrupted sleep. With all of his nightmares, Jack knew his friend got precious little.

He glanced up at Daniel as the young man shifted. Even in this drug induced sleep, he wasn't free. Carter and Teal'c had both offered to relieve him, but Doc Frasier had Said he should wake up soon, and Jack didn't want anyone but himself there when that happened. Still, he was tired, so he folded his arms on the bedside and rested his head on them. Though he hadn't intended to, sleep soon claimed him.

He woke suddenly, about 45 minutes later, and immediately registered That something was wrong. It only took a moment for him to realize that Daniel was having a nightmare. He reached out to touch the younger man's shoulder, wincing as his friend jerked away.

"It's okay, Danny. It's me, Jack," he whispered soothingly. "It's okay."

Slowly the young man calmed down, relaxing against the bed. Jack relaxed as well, and was soon wrapped up in his thoughts once again. 'Poor kid,' he thought, 'He's way too young for this.'

Jack thought back to the accident, wondering how Daniel always managed To come back injured. This time had been pretty typical for Daniel. When would he learn not to touch things? Daniel had walked into the temple babbling about European influence and Hathor. That was about all Jack could catch, not that he'd tried very hard.

"Just don't touch anything," he had warned in exasperation.

"I know, Jack," his friend had responded, sounding equally annoyed.

"Have fun!" Jack called sarcastically after him.

"Carter, T, what do you think of this place?" He gestured to the temple and the surrounding grassy plains.

"Well Sir, I'll have to take the sample back to the lab and have it analyzed, but I don't think there's much chance of naquada in the soil, and other than this temple, no signs of life, intelligent or otherwise. No birds, bugs or anything."

He turned his gaze to Teal'c, who answered, "I do not believe the Goa'uld have been here in many years, if ever."

"Okay, let's go find Danny, before he gets himself killed."

The three entered the temple, and immediately spotted Daniel, hard at Work translating one wall.

As Sam took out her video camera, and began to film the walls for Daniel to study later, Jack approached his younger friend.

"Hey Daniel, how's it coming?" he asked as he casually leaned against the wall.

"Jack, don't...!" Daniel began.

No sooner had he opened his mouth than the floor fell out from under him. Luckily, the fall wasn't too far, and Jack was quickly by his side.

"Carter!" he yelled, checking the younger man's pulse, gratified to find it strong and steady. "Carter, get over here!"

Carter had checked him out and they quickly made their way back to the 'gate. They delivered their friend to Dr. Frasier, and Jack hadn't left his side since. He recalled coming through the Stargate right beside Teal'c, who was carrying their injured teammate. He had stayed as close as he could while Janet whisked his friend away to the infirmary. He had waited outside the door as he always did, and as soon as Janet had let him, he had been by Daniel's side.

He looked up as Daniel's eyelids fluttered.

"Where am I?" Daniel rasped.

"The infirmary. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was hit by a truck," he started to laugh, them winced. "What's the damage?"

"Bruised ribs, sprained knee and ankle, cut on your forehead, concussion, the usual."

"What happened?"

"Well, that's a long story..."

Fin

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to DCTor post a commenton this story.