Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Queen For A Day

by Tiffany
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Queen For A Day

Queen For A Day

by Tiffany

TITLE: Queen For A Day
AUTHOR: Tiffany
EMAIL: Dawnswtz@aol.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Action/Adventure, Future story
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: all season
SEASON / SEQUEL: future
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: language
SUMMARY: NID wants Major Carter. The symbiote that they have wants her as his queen. They go after her but Colonel O'Neill saves her thanks to Maybourne. Now Colonel O'Neill has to keep her safe to do she has to move in with him. She wasn't for the idea but the General made it an order. Will O'Neill and Carter be able to live with each other or will the feelings they put dormant come full circle?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Should there be a sequel?

In a small room in an abandoned building sat Adrian Conrad. He was sitting in a chair looking out the window. Then Colonel Simmons walked in the door.

"So have you agreed to our little deal?" Adrian turns and his eye's glow from the Goa'uld symbiotic inside of him. "I have. What do I get" Simmons smiled?

"What do you want?" Walking over he sits down.

"A queen. The beautiful women I saw threw the glass room. Blond she was quiet exquisite." Simmons thought back.

"That can be arranged" Adrian nodded and Simmons leaves to set up a plan.

Major Samantha Carter stood in her shower washing her hair. General Hammond had given SG-1 48 hours of downtime. She planned to rest and get a little bit of work done before she went back. Maybe see Cassandra Fraise.

Outside of her apartment a man was stepping threw the screen door. He hide in a near by closet ready to strike.

Across town Colonel Jack O'Neill was getting into his truck when a voice that he all to well recognized spoke. "Jack good to see you" Jack spun around and pushed Colonel Harry Maybourne against his tuck.

"You sorry Son-Of-A-Bitch. I should kill you" Harry looked confused.

"Whoa Jack I helped you remember?" Jack growled.

"Yeah by shooting me"

"I never shot you. Jack look we can talk about that later for now Major Carter is in danger. We have to move now!" That stopped Jack in his tracks.

"Carter why? Who? How do you know?"

"I can't tell you. Look Simmons made a deal with the Goa'uld. To do so he had to get the Goa'uld something he wanted. That's Major Carter. His new choice." Maybourne explained to an angry Jack. "Okay this thing wants Carter. Choice... you mean queen?" Maybourne nodded. Ten minutes later Jack, Maybourne, And Teal'c were all heading to Sam's. After what Maybourne had told him, Jack went to the General who told Jack to go and protect her. So there they were.

Sam shut off the shower and stepped out of the shower. She walked to her room and proceeded to get dressed. She was half way done when she heard a noise out in the living room.

By this time Jack, Maybourne, and Teal'c were parked out of her house and walked to her front door.

Sam walked out to her living room in a little tank top and in her underwear. She got to her hall when her doorbell rang and Jack's voice rang out.

"Hey Carter open up!" She smiled and walked over but the closet door opened and out walked a man. Sam swung around and yelled. "Colonel Help!" The man ran just as Jack busted down the door and ran to her. "You okay?" She nodded. Teal'c and Maybourne checked outside but the guy was gone.

"Who the hell was that?" She asked.

"Well Major Jack and I will tell you everything as soon as you finish getting dressed." Maybourne smiled. Sam looked down at her tank top and underwear and blushed. She looked at Jack who was blushed then gave a small smile. She half smiled back and walked away. Ten minutes later a fully clothed Sam walked out.

"Okay explain!" She sat down

"Well Major it's simple the Goa'uld that NID have wants you as his new queen" "Congratulations Carter your a queen!" Jack teased.

"Yeah every women's dream come true, her prince is a slimy snack. No offence Teal'c" Teal'c only bowed his head.

"Okay Carter, Hammond wants us back at the base. Harry.. Thanks for the heads up."

"Thanking me Jack wow. Well Major, Jack, Teal'c I'll be seeing you" with that he got up and left. Twenty minutes later they were all sitting around the briefing table.

"Well Major I'm glad you're all right. Now why and what do they really want her for?" General Hammond asked the group.

"Well sir it seems Carter's been chosen to be queen." The General looked at her.

"Well Teal'c will he change his mind after all this?"

"He will not. Once a queen has been chosen she shall be the queen. I'm afraid Major Carter will have to become his queen or die." Everyone just looked at him. "Well I don't think we'll do either of those. Another suggestion please" Jack was not happy. "Well Colonel we will have to keep her safe ourselves. I've already talked to the president he has no recollection of any symbiotic our anything of this matter. But he gave me the go ahead for my request!" The General told them all.

"What is that Sir?" Sam asked.

"Well Major as you know we don't have much jurisdiction off the base, so Colonel O'Neill will keep you safe."

"How will I do that sir?" Jack asked.

"Major Carter will move in with you!" Everyone froze they weren't expecting that. Jack looked at Sam then the table.

"Sir with all due respect, I can take care of myself. I really don't need Colonel O'Neill to be my shadow. Teal'c could even move into my house cant I do that?" Sam asked hopefully. She really didn't like the other suggestion. Her and Jack O'Neill in one house!

"No Major, Teal'c is going to be needed alts where. He will be tracking down the Goa'uld symbiote while you live with Colonel O'Neill."

"Sir maybe Carter could stay on base we have armed guards"

"No Colonel we don't know who to trust. Now I don't want to make this an order, but I will. Colonel, Major this is very serious, if they get a hold of you who knows what they'll do. Now I have someone I trust on this so we should hear something soon. Until then SG-1 you are on leave. Major, Colonel I believe you have a lot to work out we'll leave you to it." With that he stood and went to his office.

"Well I guess were roommates Carter."

"Yes sir."

"Well I have things to do so Teal'c stay with her. I'll be by your lab at 500 hours to go to my house." He stood and left.

"Yes sir" was all she said. Sam and Teal'c went to her lab where they worked for 4 hours. Jack on the other hand went to see the General, to get him to change his mind.

"Sir, I don't think this whole roommate's thing is a good plan. I'm terrible company."

"Colonel I know you and Major Carter are going to need some time"

"Time Sir you have us living together." The General smiled.

"Jack.. What ever these guys really want her for they want her bad. You are the only person capable of protecting her. Now I know it's not going to be easy. The Major is very beautiful; I know how you feel.... But it's just till we can settle this whole thing" Jack nodded.

"Yes sir" and left. He went straight to Sam's lab.

"Hey Carter you ready?"

"Ah yeah.. Can we stop off at my house? I need some things."

"Yeah Teal'c you coming buddy?"

"I shall stay here!" Teal'c wanted to stay and talk to the General.

"Okay Carter" he gestured to the door. She got up and they left.

Sam was packing her belongings into a bag. She couldn't believe it she was moving in with Colonel Jack O'Neill. Oh boy was she in trouble how on earth...

"Hey Carter you done yet?" Jack yelled interrupting her thoughts.

"Yes sir" then she turned around and something or someone walked by her window. She walked out to find Jack but he was gone. She started to panic. The she felt a hand on her shoulder grabbed her and she jumped away.

"Whoa Carter. I won't bite" Jack teased.

"Sir was that you outside my window?" She knew the answer when he reached for his gun. He walked to the screen door, opened it and in walked Maybourne.

"Harry... damn you really know how to almost get shot." He only smiled.

"Jack, Major... we need to talk. I found put more about this little deal. He wants a queen in exchange he'll give us a Harcisis Child. Our one just like it. A way to make us stronger. All he wants is you and well a planet that he can rule all his own. Which by the way they have. Now all he needs is his queen. Major I'm afraid they won't give up till they have you." Sam got up and pasted.

"How will they get this Harisis child?"

"Well... by you!" She stopped dead center.

"Me.. Oh Jolinar... I.. Sir maybe you should call the General." He nodded and went to the phone. While he was on the phone Sam pasted.

"Major the General say's that you are to move in tonight so pack enough stuff to last a few weeks or so we don't know how long you'll be with me" she nodded and went to her room.

"Jack you going to be able to keep her safe?"

"Don't know but I'm goanna try. You?"

"Yeah I'll keep you both updated on as much as I can. This place will be bugged by tomorrow so.. Be careful what you say, and you might want to think about a place off world that you could stash her for a while" that got Jack thinking. "Stash Away." Then Sam came in. "I'm ready" both men got up to help her. They walked out to Jack's truck.

"Harry thanks again. We'll be at my place anything else you find out tell us" Jack said getting in his truck.

"I'll do that Jack, Major take care of yourself." She smiled

"Yes sir and thank you" he smiled and walked away.

Jack drove to his house slow he had a lot to think about. When they arrived he showed her to her room. "Well it's not the Grand Palace but it should do" she smiled.

"It's fine sir. Thank you." He nodded and left. An hour later she was all settled in and went to find him. He was on his couch with a beer.

"Sir.. I'm all settled," he nodded and scooted over, indicating for her to sit. So she did. They sat there for a while till she did. They sat there for a while till she spoke.

"So.. so.. You think they'll try anything tonight?"

"Probably not. Tomorrow we'll go buy locks for all the window's" he then got up and walked to the kitchen. She followed. "Sir that won't be necessary tomorrow I'm going to the General and I'm going to stay on base." She walked away. He looked stunned. Then followed. She sat on her bed as he came in.

"Look Carter... I'm sorry if you think I was rude. I was. I just have a lot on my mind. I'm trying to keep you safe." She smiled.

"Thank you sir"

"Yeah well I know how these guys are." She nodded. "Get some sleep Major. We'll talk tomorrow" he got up and left and she went to sleep.

Two days later: Sam was sitting on the couch when Jack came out of the bedroom. "General wants me on base Teal'cs on his way over. You goanna be okay?" "Yes sir I'll be fine. I'll have Teal'c" Fifteen minutes later Teal'c showed up and Jack left.

"Colonel do you have another suggestion on how to keep Major Carter safe?"

"Well sir I do, I have some friends that owe me big one's and they could hide us!" The General thought about it.

"We'll use that as a last resort. Till then don't let her out of your sight" "Yes Sir" Jack got up and left the base.

"Major Carter do you not wish to watch TV?" Teal'c asked sitting down on the couch in the living room.

"Hmm.. Oh no go ahead if you want to" so he did. He was watching TV for about 10 minutes when a shadow came from the back room. Teal'c got to his feet. Sam stayed on the couch. Teal'c walked back to the room as Sam grabbed the phone and dialed Jack. Jack was sitting at a light when his pager went off. He picked it up and saw the message

"Someone's in the house.. Help!" He threw it and pushed on the gas pedal and sped home.

Teal'c got to the room just as two men came flying towards him. He went down. Teal'c punched one and he went down, the other had his gun to Teal'c, "Drop it!" Teal'c dropped the zat gun. "Okay where's Major Carter?" Teal'c didn't answer

"I'm right here!" Sam said and kicked the gun away so Teal'c could grab him. Just as Teal'c grabbed the guy Jack came bounding threw the door.

"CARTER! TEAL'C" he yelled.

"Here sir" he ran to the hall.

"You okay" she nodded.

"Teal'c?"

"I am fine O'Neill, these two tried to take Major Carter. They were unsuccessful" Jack smiled. An hour later the two men were arrested and were being held in a cell. Sam was very shack-up.

"Major I am sorry. I should never have left you without 2 men" The General said

"Sir It's not your fault. So how do I stay out of reach from these guys?"

"Well you can't hide Carter, but I can keep you safe for the time being"

After that they went home and Sam went to bed. Things were going okay between the two. They occasionally looked at each other when the other wasn't looking. Sam tried to stay out of his way. Nothing really happened to push them over till:

Two weeks later: Sam walked outside and walked around the house. Jack came in the living room and his heart stopped she wasn't there. He ran to each room, then he ran out the front door and found her sitting on the front porch. "What the HELL are you doing? Don't you EVER go out like that again do you hear my Major!" She smiled and nodded and stood up. She put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed, then walked in. He followed.

After that things got more complicated he didn't leave her side for anything. Sam went to take a shower and when she walked out there stood Jack.

"Ah Sir... with all due respect I don't think there going to come threw the small shower window" he smiled.

"Yeah but you still never know with these guys" she walked past him and went over to the bed and sat down.

"How long do you think this will go in? I mean don't get me wrong sir your great I appreciate everything your doing, but I need my space and so do you. I know this has to be a pain for you too!" He came and sat down by her and took her hand. "No Carter it isn't. All that I can think about is Danny. I mean I let my guard down I wont do it again. I lost two people I love and I'll be damned if I lose a third what ever happens I'll keep you safe. Always." She smiled and put her head on his shoulder. He put his right arm around her and pulled her closer. He kissed the top of her head. She snuggled closer to him; she then looked up as he looked down. He leaned further down while she came up. Just as their lips barely touched there was a knock at the door. Sam sprung away and clutched the towel. Jack blinked then stood up and went to the door. "Hey Teal'c Whatcha doing here?" Teal'c stepped into the house.

"You are wanted at the base, but I told the General that, that did not seem wise. So we came here" just then the General walked up to the door.

"Colonel where is the Major?" Sam fully clothed walked out.

"Teal'c, General what are you doing here?"

"Well Major we came to see you and see how you two are holding up" Sam walked around the living room and started to clean up the mess.

"Were fine sir"

"Yes well the Colonel and I have some things to talk about. Colonel" Jack got up and followed the General. The General told Jack that he better be on prepared he said that they've been quiet for far too along. After that Teal'c and the General left. The General didn't know how close to the truth he was till two weeks later.

Sam had gone to bed 5 hours ago and Jack was just getting in. It was 1:00 in the morning. He just laid down when the fire alarms went off. He bustled out of bed and ran down the hall. It was covered in smoke, but no fire, "Gas Bomb" he thought. He traced his was to Sam's room, coughing all the way there. When he got there she wasn't in bed. "Carter... Carter answer me!" He yelled and ran from the room bumping into everything. He made it to the living room when someone knocked him down. They stabbed him in his side. "Ahh" then Jack wrestled the knife out of the person's hand and stabbed him. A bleeding Jack made it to the front door. The smoke was starting to clear. He was just about the door when he saw Sam. She was laying on the floor unconscious next to the couch. He crawled to her. "Carter.. Carter wake up don't you leave me... Damn it... (Cough). Then he heard the alarms of a fire truck, and then everything went black.

Sam woke up 40 minutes later. She was in the infirmary. "Sam.. Hey how you doing?" Janet asked walking up.

"J.. Janet.. What happened.. Where am I?" She whispered then she remembered. The General came in just then.

"Major how you feeling?"

"Better.. Sir where's the Colonel?"

"Major can you tell me what happened?" He was trying to distract her. It worked.

"Well sir I went to bed around 9:00pm and about 12:45 or so I got up to get a drink. When I got to the living room the screen door was open. I started to run to the Colonel's room but someone grabbed me. He pulled out a syringe I fought him, he managed to eject me. I kneed him in the groin and crawled to the closet, I pulled out the smoke bomb out of the bag of weapons that Teal'c brought over. The house filled with smoke. I crawled some more then that's it. Where's the Colonel? Why isn't he here?" Sam looked around.

"Well Sam the Colonel was stabbed in his right side. He is in recovery"

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Yeah he'll be mad as hell. The syringe that they injected you with was a material I've never seen before but it did put you to sleep. My guess because they knew you would put up a fight. Now rest Sam. We'll come by later. Don't worry about him" The Janet and the General walked away.

Four hours later a groggy Colonel was waking up. "Carter" he whispered. Janet came over. "Colonel... can you open your eye's?" He did. She checked him out and told him he was fine. He asked to see Carter and she wheeled him to her bed.

"Colonel... Oh... God.. Are you okay?

"Yeah. You?"

"Fine. How's everything the stab wound?"

"It's fine Sam the Colonel just needs some rest" he growled and winked at Sam.

For Two hours Sam and Jack talked about what happened. A week later they were both released. So Jack went to see the General.

"Sir I have an idea on how to keep Carter safe. A couple of old buddies own me a favor, like I told you" The general nodded and Jack proceeded to tell him the plan and when he approved it Jack went to Sam to tell her.

"What.. Colonel.. We can't leave. I mean I'm sure we'll catch these guys soon enough" she didn't want to do his plan.

"Well Carter you have no choice. This is the only way. Look it won't be forever just to give Teal'c and everyone a little more time. Now come on go to bed we have a big week ahead of us." The next morning Jack made a couple of calls he got everything set with Teal'c and the General's help.

Two days later everything set in the morning they would leave.

"Come on Carter hurry up!" Jack yelled from the porch. They packed up the truck last night so they wouldn't get caught. "Coming.. Coming" she said and got in the truck. The drove on Highway 186 till they go to the mountains. Jack looked in the rear view mirror and saw the same NID car behind them that was they're when they left his house. So Jack sped up he put his truck to the test. Sam clenched onto the door. They had managed to put some distance between them and the NID car. Then a black truck the same as Jack's right down to the license plate drove out in front of them. Jack sped off onto a little dirt road. He stopped and they watched the NID's car go right by. Jack then got out of the truck. Him and Sam had to make a mile high hick. When they got to their destination a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 awaited them.

"Wow you went to desperate measure" he nodded and got in.

"So how long will we be gone?" He shrugged.

"Don't know. Buckle up" then he started the jeep and they left. It took them to day's to drive to Denver.

"Okay so explain all of this to me again" she was confused on how it went. He smiled.

"Okay a buddy of mine Matt Skinner owes me a huge favor. So I called him told him as much as I could he said we could use his uncle's, sister's cabin. So I told the General he cleared it he made a few calls and got the truck. Doc Fraiser got this car and the rest is as I go" she had to smile he was so cute when he was proud. An hour later they pulled up to a big cabin.

"Wow it's beautiful up here" she said as she got out.

"Yeah it is" a voice said she jumped and Jack went to greet the voice.

"Matt man it's been forever" they shook hands. "Yeah so how's everything? Sara?.. Charlie?" Sam winced. Jack just stood there. "Uh.. Colonel.. Mr. Skinner... how will we be able to keep in touch with the other's?" Matt walked to her.

"It's Matt and we have a cell phone for you in the cabin. It's in my brother's name. Don't worry" he ushered them in. While Sam was unpacking Jack and Matt talked.

"Oh man I'm so sorry. I know how you feel Linda lost Ricky her Seventh Month. I guess with me being gone and stuff" Jack nodded. "So this Sam Carter hah.!"

"Whoa man it's not like that. I'm her CO." Matt only laughed. Sam came out then. She walked to the two men.

"Thank you so much. I don't know how I'll be able to repay you" he smiled.

"It's nothing I owed Jack big time. Well I better go I'll be up here on Saturday with more food and other stuff and Linda gets home next week she said she wants to have a get together. So be prepared." He then walked out the door with Jack. When he came in Sam was in the kitchen looking around for food and just snooping.

"Snooping now are we" she laughed.

"Just wanted to see if they had my taste."

"Oh don't worry I gave him a list of junk food" he teased. She smiled. They watched TV then went to bed. They did that till Saturday. When Matt came back. Then he left and they were bored again. On there 9th day their Sam was sitting outside looking at the stars. Jack came out to join her. "Mind if I join you" she scooted over on the bench. He sat down they were silent for a while till Sam asked.

"Sir... why did you come with me? I mean I could of come by myself" he looked at her.

"I wouldn't leave you in a place you didn't know our people. I felt I needed to keep you safe. Is it Okay?" She looked away.

"Yeah I mean I could have been safe with Teal'c too. He could have came instead of you" he was hurt she wanted Teal'c not him.

"Well if that's what you want fine. I'll send for him." He spat and started to get up but she caught his hand.

"You know that's not what I want. It's just sir... this doesn't look good on us" no he understood.

"Carter, Hammond sees what I see. A Major under his command is in danger, someone he cares about like a daughter. He only wants to protect you. He picked the one person he trusts more in this world to protect you someone who would give his life to save you. Me.. That's what everyone else will see."

"Sir that is very convincing but you and I both know why your here and why your keeping me safe" she didn't look at him. He sat back down as she got up and walked to the edge of the cabin. He came up behind her and put his arms around her and pulled her close. She put her head back.

"You're right. It's the same reason it is every time I won't leave you. But the only two that know that are you and me well besides old Doc Fraiser and Teal'c. Don't worry" he whispered in her ear, and kissed her temple. She closed her eyes. They stated outside a little while longer then they went inside.

A week later Matt and his wife Linda came by. They brought their baby girl named "Katie" with them. She was only 18 months old.

"Sam this is my wife Linda and Katie" Matt said as they stepped into the door.

"Hello It's nice to meet you"

"Honey you remember Jack" Jack hugged the women.

"So Sam why don't us girls go to the kitchen and get some snacks." In the kitchen Linda put Katie down and the baby went straight to her leg.

"So tell me everything about Jack, how he is what he's been up to. I want to know everything about you too. Are you comfy here?" Sam smiled.

"Yes I'm fine. The Colonel's fine." Linda looked at her. Linda and Sam sat in the kitchen for a half an hour talking. Then they joined the men. They played cards for a while then they just sat and talked in the middle of a conversation Katie jumped on Sam's. She smiled and bounced the baby. Across the table Jack watched her with Katie. Matt looked at Jack and to Sam and smiled. He saw the same look in Jack's eyes that he had for Linda. "Jack's in love with his 2IC." He thought and laughed to himself.

Sam looked down at Katie she was asleep and had he head on Sam's chest. Sucking her thumb. Sam smiled and looked up and saw Jack staring at her. He had a small smile on his face. She saw something so deep in his eyes. She understood what he was saying. He wished that was them as a family. She reflected the same back to him. Linda looked at the two of them then to Matt. He smiled. "Ahem... Jack, Sam we better go Katie is really exhausted" Sam then got up and handed Katie over to Matt. They said good-bye and left. Sam then started to clean up.

"Cute kid" Jack started to help her clean.

"Yeah she was sweet. Beautiful" he smiled. They had it all cleaned up in about 10 minutes.

Sam fell onto the couch. "I've never been so tired. Uh.... Do you think I could call Janet I mean I kind of miss her." He walked over to the table pulled out the phone and gave it to her. "Sure don't talk to long" he then kissed her hand and went to bed. Sam talked to Janet for about 10 minutes and she got off the phone and went to wake Jack. She walked in his room and sat on the bed. "Colonel" she shook him. "Hmm" he rolled over. "Colonel wake up" he opened his eyes and smiled. He then reached for her cheek he stroked it. She gulped. He pulled her down and his lips just touched hers when the phone rang. Sam jumped rang. "It's probably the General here." She handed it to him and walked out.

"Hello" he said as he watched her go.

"Colonel we have a problem" it was the General. Ten minutes later Jack came out and went to find Sam. She was in the kitchen cleaning.

"Hey we need to talk. Hammond has a plan." She nodded and walked past him. They sat on the couch.

"They're having trouble finding the guy they found the lab he was at. Hammond thinks we should set a trap. But you're the bait. He's going to plant a seed and hope's that it gets to Simmons. Were hoping.... Well we know he'll send Adrian. So what do you say" She shrugged?

"What ever you want sir I just want to go home and go back to life being somewhat normal." He sighed.

"Okay so I'll tell Hammond It's a go?" She nodded.

"I'm going to bed." She got up he grabbed her hand.

"Carter don't go away upset. What happened in the room it..."

"It was nothing Colonel were both stressed and we are tired I mean we've been roommates for 2 months. That kind of puts a strain on a friendship." He bent his head.

"Friendship" he whispered. She closed her eyes. Then walked away. She closed the door just as she heard him swear and throw something. She fried herself to sleep that night.

For 2 days things were strained between them. Matt and Linda noticed it, when they asked Sam excused herself said goodnight and went to her room. Jack mumbled swears and Linda and Matt left.

Twenty-Four hours later: General Hammond called.

"Colonel there on their way" was all he said and he ran to get Sam. They sat it up so they would think Sam was alone for a couple of days.

Matt and some others were also watching near by.

"Okay Carter I estimate you have 2 hours. Are you going to be okay?" She nodded.

"Okay remember stay in the living room when you hear him be in the hall, when he comes head for the window and run to the woods, were I showed you." He too her hand and kissed it.

"Go... you better before they get here." He kissed her on the forehead and left. Just as Jack thought 2 hours later 2 cars pulled up and 8 men got out. One was Adrian Conrad. He went to the cabin to get his bride. His bride was waiting. Just as they practiced Sam got threw the window and ran and Adrian Followed. Sam ran as fast as she could she was half way to where Jack was hiding when she tripped. Adrian came and pulled her up.

"You will pay for your betrayal, women. You are now my queen." Adrian's eye's flared. He bent down to kiss Sam. When a gun went off. He backed up he was shot. "Get your slimy hands off of her." Jack yelled then shot again and again. The last shot he aimed for the stomach. Adrian went down. Jack bent down to Sam she clung to him.

"You okay?" She hugged tighter.

"Yes sir" he helped her up just as Matt ran up.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah you" Jack had his arms around Sam.

"Yeah all 7 guys are taken down. You General Hammond is 5 minutes away in a chopper."

"Thanks Matt"

"No prob man any time," he then walked away.

"Are we okay?" Jack asked.

"Yeah we'll be fine" she said looking down at the dead body of Adrian Conrad. She hugged Jack tighter. They stood there holding each other waiting for the Calvary

(That they could hear approaching) to arrive.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tiffany