Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Reunited by Fate

by Tiffany
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Reunited By Fate

Reunited By Fate

by Tiffany

TITLE: Reunited By Fate
AUTHOR: Tiffany
EMAIL: Dawnswtz@aol.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Action/Adventure, Future story, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: All seasons
SEASON / SEQUEL: future
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: language
SUMMARY: While on a planet SG-1 gets attached and Major Carter gets shot and the Goa'uld take Colonel O'Neill. Will Sam see him again? How is she going to handle him being gone? Will the Tolkra be able to help?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I hope you like this. Let me now if you want a sequel.

"Its Funny how one moment in time can change your life forever. The change can be good or bad. But with love it is always good. Some say that love concurs all".

Major Samantha Carter lugged on her packing bag and walked threw the door of the gate room, where the Stargate was kept and was about done engaging the address of the planet she was going to. She looked around and saw Teal'c waiting at the side of the ramp with Colonel Jack O'Neill, her commanding officer. She walked up to them and prepared herself. Colonel O'Neill looked over at her and nodded. She smiled at him. Then the Stargate activated.

"Okay camper's let's go." Colonel O'Neill used his fraise and started up the ramp. Major Carter followed along side Teal'c. On the other side tree's and mountains surrounded them.

"Okay Cater let's go and get that UAV, get your samples and get the hell out of here." Sam nodded and walked to retrieve her samples.

They were in the woods for about ten minutes when someone fired at them. "Get down" Colonel O'Neill yelled firing back.

"O'Neill they are Jaffa" Teal'c said as he saw more come and surround them. "Just great. Carter... were heading back to the gate on my mark." She nodded. Then the Colonel looked at her and threw a grenade and they took off to the gate. Teal'c ran ahead while Major Carter covered O'Neill. She just shot a Jaffa when; she was shot in the leg. "Ahh" O'Neill stopped and ran to her.

"You okay" She nodded. He fired at the Jaffa then helped Carter up and took cover behind a tree.

"Colonel go get help," She winced in pain.

"Nope Carter I'm staying. Well head out in a minute." He got up and started to fire. One of the Jaffa had a bomb like weapon and firing it at them. O'Neill grabbed Carter and ran just as it hit. They were thrown. Carter hit a tree while O'Neill was on the ground. Just as he got up he was shot and went down.

"Colonel." Carter yelled. He looked at her.

"Go" he mouthed." She shook her head.

"It's an order.... Major." He yelled. Just as she got up to go to him a ship came over head and transport tings engulfed him. He looked at her on last time then he was gone.

"NO.. COLONEL.. NO.. JACK" Sam screamed. She fell to the ground and cried. Then Teal'c came running over and put a hand on her shoulder.

"They took him Teal'c.. Oh God they took him" She cried. He picked her up and walked her to the Stargate. Sam looked behind her one last time before she went threw.

"I'll come back Jack I promise." She whispered and Teal'c helped her threw.

On the other side the General was waiting for them. Teal'c came threw with a crying Major Carter who fell to the gate's ramp and cried.

"Teal'c where is Colonel O'Neill?" The General asked. But he already knew.

"Colonel O'Neill was captured by the Goa'uld." Teal'c stated.

"They... have.... Him.... Colonel...No." Sam cried. The General walked up to her and took her in his arms. She cried on his shoulder as he walked her down the ramp and to the infirmary. Janet checked her over and fixed up her leg and Sam went to the briefing room. "General we have to go back. He might still be their sir." Sam begged.

"Okay Major we'll send a MALP threw and if it looks safe I'll send SG-2 and 3 to investigate." Sam smiled. She had to get him back. A half-hour later a MALP was threw the gate. When it was safe SG-2 &3 went to find the Colonel. If they could.

Colonel O'Neill woke up in a sarcophagus. "What the hell... Carter!" He yelled and banged on the door. Then a face came over the glass and smiled. Then the door's opened. "My Lord he is awake." The guy said to some big headed fake God on a thrown.

"Take him to his cell" the guy ordered.

Colonel O'Neill was yanked out and thrown in his cell. He got up and went to the small bed in the corner and sat down. "Carter I hope she got home okay" was all he thought. He didn't care about him just so long as she was safe. He just laid down when someone came in. It was the same guy he first saw over the sarcophagus.

"Colonel O'Neill my name is Baldar. I am a Tolkra." Jack nodded.

"Well help me get the hell out of here." Baldar smiled.

"Selmac had said you were a tough one." Jack had to smile at that.

"Yeah well... Okay so how do I get home?"

"Leave it to me. You're going to have to trust me. Give me time to work it out." Jack nodded and Baldar left.

"Sir if the Goa'uld where there they aren't anymore," Ferretti told the General. Just then a grief stricken Sam came in. "Sir I don't think O'Neill is alive and he is he isn't our O'Neill anymore." Ferretti finished. Sam just stood there. "Dead?.. No. Goa'uld?.. No" she told herself.

"Major Carter." Teal'c said catching everyone's attention. They all looked at her.

"Sir I think we should call the Tolkra." Sam told him.

"I agree Major." The General then proceeded to try and contact the Tolkra. But the Tolkra were in the middle of relocating. It took the General and Teal'c two weeks to get in touch with them. Sam went from Bad to Worse. She lumped around, it was clear to everyone that she missed him. She spent all her time in her lab or in the gate room.

The day the General got in touch with the Tolkra Sam seemed better. She didn't look so depressed. "General Hammond before you start let me say that I already know why you summoned us here, we have a spy on the ship that Colonel O'Neill is on." Freya announced. Sam gasped.

"I.. is he all right" Sam asked.

"Yes he is fine. It will take time in getting him home. But I am confident that we shall do it" Sam smiled her first smile in almost 3 weeks.

"Thank you. Now will you deliver a message to Colonel O'Neill? Tell him that we are all waiting for him down here and not to give up!" The General asked. Freya nodded and left.

"General do you think he'll be okay?" Sam was still worried about him.

"Yes Major he will be just fine." They all went back to work awaiting any news.

Jack had received the message the General send and smiled to himself. Two days after the message Jack was dragged to the main control room of the ship, where the false God sat on his thrown.

"You will tell us everything about the Tauri home world and the Tolkra" The big headed guy yelled.

"Yeah okay. Well earth it's your average home away from home. We have homes, malls, food, money, bills, kids, dogs, and cars.. AHH" he was jabbed in the ribs with a staff weapon. "Enough I want you to tell me how to get to the Tolkra base."

"Well you see I don't know it off the bat..." he was kicked. The Guy dismissed him with his hand. Jack then got up and was pulled back to his cell. "Ah man... those guys really worse then out NID guys." Jack muttered. He then laid down and went to sleep. He dreamed about a certain blond Major of his. He smiled.

Sam woke with a start a month later. She felt cold and sick. She clenched her stomach, "Something's wrong. Something's happened." She said aloud. She was right the Tolkra spy Baldar was found out and was killed when he would not answer any questions.

Jack was alone, and would never willingly admit it, but he was scared. Jack sat up in his bed someone had come into his cell. "Hello.. Who are you?" Jack asked. The person walked further into the room. "Ah hell." Jack said with a smile.

Sam ran as fast as she could to the briefing room. The Tolkra had returned and she hoped Jack was with them. When she got there she was disappointed, no Jack just a High Councilor. They hadn't seen her come in the room yet.

"I am afraid our Tolkra spy was found out he was killed. We do not know if they have killed Colonel O'Neill, but i do not drought it." Sam clenched the railing on the stairs for support. Everyone turned to her. "Major Carter I am very sorry for your lose." The High Councilor told her. Sam sat down she couldn't breath. "Dead he can't be dead him.. No... no...no. no." she cried.

Another two weeks went by and Sam kind of got back into the swing of things. Sometimes she would get depressed. Everyone on the base mourned for Colonel O'Neill. Sam still cried when she went by his office or his courtiers, even his locker. She lost him, the one person she really did love. Her heart was breaking; nothing could or would ever put it back together again.

Colonel Jack O'Neill stood at the control panels in the Goa'uld ship.

"Come on it's ready" He yelled and stepped into the transport rings. Freya/Anise then joined him. She had come two weeks ago and helped plan his escape. The rings engulfed them and sent them to the world below where they gated to the Tolkra home world.

Two Days later: "Ah thanks again Freya/Anise I appreciate what you did."

"You are welcome Colonel. Now let's get you home." She them dialed earth.

"Unauthorized gate Activation"

"Close the iris" The General said coming in.

"Sir it's the Tolkra"

"Open the iris" The General said and walked to the gate room. He stopped at the foot of the ramp and almost fell over as to whom came threw.

"Hey General miss me" Jack joked.

"Colonel it's great to see you son" The General shook Jack's hand.

"Yeah well I have been threw al to shall we go so I can debrief you." The General led the way.

Ten Minutes later a sleepy Sam came threw the elevator doors. She got a call that said "get to the base immediately." She walked to the briefing room with hope in her heart. She walked in and stopped a lot of people were already sitting down at the table. She looked around most were smiling. The she saw Freya/Anise and beside her was Teal'c. She looked around the table again and stopped at the back she couldn't see the man that sat there but he looked familiar. Just then the guy at the end pulled his chair back and stood up. Sam gasped and clung to the railing for support she felt her legs giving out on her. There in front of her stood Jack O'Neill. She felt like her heart would jump put of her chest. She felt the tears dropping down her face. He walked to her slowly. When he reached her she flung to him and cried in his neck. He hugged her so tight he thought he would catch off her air supply. "I.. I.. Thought you were dead... Oh... God Colonel I was so scared." She whispered to him. He hugged her tighter. "I know... Carter I know." She just cried in his neck and he held her. They didn't care who saw. Everyone was just as happy as she was.

"I need to get back to the Tolkra home world." Anise finally spoke. Sam finally let go of Jack and was blushing. He stood by her side. "Yeah thanks again." Anise bowed her head and left. Twenty minutes later a very tired Colonel finished his de-briefing.

"Well Colonel I say you've had a big 3 months."

"Yes sir it's one I don't' want to do again." The General nodded.

"Well SG-1 I say your all due for a little downtime. You have 48 hours. Dismissed." Then he stood patted Jack on the shoulder and left.

"Well .. Ahem sir.. It's great to have you home. I think I'll go change and go home myself." She stood and walked out. She went to the locker room. She opened her locker and got out her jacket. Then she turned and stared at the two lockers on her right. One belonged to Dr. Daniel Jackson who had recently passed away. The second belonged to Colonel Jack O'Neill. She touched them and started to cry. She had never in her life left so empty. She thought that she would never be the same. She then imagined Daniels face and then the Colonel. She started to shake. Then she jumped when a hand touched her shoulder. She turned around and faced Jack O'Neill.

"You okay?"

"Yes sir." He let go of her shoulder.

"No you're not!"

"Your right I'm not. But I will be." She smiled. He pulled her into a hug.

"Yeah you will be. Major." He said loudly then whispered. "I'm here I won't leave you. Ever" She clung to him then sighed. They let each other go and smiled at each other.

"Come on Major let's go home and spend those 48 hours together." She smiled.

"Yes sir" they both left the locker room and soon the base to catch up. They did have 48 hours together.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tiffany