Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Singularity - Just a Bit Different

by Tara Pathirana
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Singularity-just a bit different

Singularity-just a bit different

by Tara Pathirana

TITLE: Singularity-just a bit different
Author: Tara Pathirana
Email: strange_gurl_87@hotmail.com
Category: AU, Angst
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Singularity
Season: 1
Rating: G
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: What if Jack went with Sam down the elevator?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: Its Late. My Kid sister is four and she was just watching Singularity and I just had to write this...I know it makes barely any sense but just deal with it! please! I'm still working on the sequel to 'A lot of thought, A lot of Memories.'

SG-1 arrived at another elevator, Captain Carter carrying Cassandra in her arms. She still hadn't awoken. Colonel O'Neill turned to Sam and said "I can take her from here now Captain."

But not wanting to let go just yet, the captain refused, "No, sir, it's okay." The elevator opened and Jack nodded allowing Sam a few more moments.

"Ok then, but I go with you." He turned to Daniel and Teal'c and handed over his watch, "This elevator goes down 30 floors through solid rock. It takes about 3 minutes to get to the bottom. That gives us four minutes to start back up. So we should be back up by then." Sam and Jack walked into the elevator, as the colonel nodded to the soldier controlling the elevator, a buzzer sounded and the elevator doors closed.

Jack risked a glance at Sam and knew she was desperately trying hard not to cry. At that point Cassie woke up. *Damn*

"Where are we going?" Sam looked at Jack, fear in her eyes.

"There's nothing for you to worry about." Jack said trying to sound reassuring.

"Please, go back to sleep." Carter ushered.

"I'm not tired anymore." Sam put Cassie down, and looked to Jack for...help? Reassurance? A way out? The tears began to cascade down her face and Jack fought the urge to wipe them away for her.

"Are you crying?" Sam shook her head, looking away from Cassie. Cassandra looked up at O'Neill, bewildered by his presence and the situation. The elevator stopped at level 28, Jack turned on a

flashlight and walked into the dark empty room, Sam and Cassie followed behind. There was another door, this one VERY large, Jack opened it and turned on the lights. Sam and Cassie walked in, while Jack stood by the door. Sam made Cassie sit down on a broken wall.

"Sit down here and rest for awhile, okay? I have to go." Jack's heart broke at the look of utter pain in Sam's eyes.

"You promised you'd never leave me alone."

"I'll come back, okay? I'll be back." It wasn't right or fair too lie to a child but what more could they do. Cassie nodded. "Your very

brave, remember?" Sam told her, flicking a hair behind her ear, Cassie nodded again.

"I'm very brave."

"Captain..." Jack indicated the amount of time they had by the edge of his voice.

"I have to close the door." Cassie nodded and Sam got up, Jack walked to the elevator and waited for Sam. Taking one last look at each other, Cassie realized that Sam wouldn't be coming back. Sam shut the heavy door, and spun the wheel to lock it. She placed her hand on the cold steel and left.

"Sam? Sam?" Cassie Cried.

Sam reached the elevator, she stepped in as Jack started it up...and then Sam broke down, Jack pulled her in to his strong embrace as she cried her fists beating against his chest. Suddenly Sam pulled away, she hit the stop bottom on the elevator.

"What the hell are you doing?!!" Jack tried to pry her away, only to be reminded of her level 3 hand-to-hand combat.

****

Back on the top floor. The elevator lights stopped at 26 and then started back down.

"They're going back down. Jack? Sam?" no answer. "Jack?"

****

Sam ran out of the elevator and Jack followed, "Captain," He grabbed frantically at her Jacket. "You are getting back on that elevator right now?" Sam turned and hit him with a right hook.

Sam opened the large door and headed straight over to Cassie. Jack walked in, a light bruise appearing on his face. He heard Daniel through the speaker in the room.

"Jack, Sam, do you read me?" Jack walked over to the speaker. "Daniel, It seems we're staying." Sam looked up at Jack, aware he could still leave.

****

"What are you Nuts!"

"She's awake..."

"Oh god!"

****

Jack shut the heavy door, and locked it.

"Are we going to die?"

"No, we are not going to die." Jack walked over and placed his arms around Sam and Cassie. He felt Sam's right arm snake around his back.

"We're very brave."

"Yeah."

"I love you." Cassie whispered and Sam replied just as audibly.

"I love you too." Jack kissed Sam's forehead and she looked up into his eyes and they allowed the words unspoken to fill the air.

****

"Alright, here we go." Jacks watch beeped. Nothing happened. Teal'c and Daniel looked around waiting for the boom.

"I don't feel anything."

"We could have been wrong about the time." Teal'c stated.

"We could have been wrong about what would happen." Daniel went over to the speaker. " Jack, Sam, can you hear me?" No answer. "Sam, Jack, can you

here me?'

"Were okay, nothing happened. Cassandra's fine, I'm fine, the colonels fine. it didn't happen. I just...I couldn't leave her."

"How did you know?" Daniel asked.

"It occurred to me that she first slipped into the coma when we

brought her close to the Stargate. As soon as we got her far enough

away from the Stargate, she woke up, and I knew."

"You knew?" Jack asked from behind her, Sam didn't answer. Daniel was so relieved, he playfully hit Teal'c, Teal'c looked at him as if he had lost his mind.

**********

AFTER THE PARK!

Sam, opened the car door ready to get out of Jack's car, with one leg out and the other in she turned to the colonel. "Sir?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks...for staying"

"I couldn't leave *you* behind." There was a silence. "Do you..." Jack began "wanna go grab a bite to eat?"

Sam smiled "I'd love to...Jack."

With that she got back in the car and they drove off.

******

The End. I hoped you liked it, I know it made no sense, please send me feedback. I need feedback. Thanks. Date: 31/03/03 to the 01/04/02/ Happy Easter

~Splash. SG-11.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tara Pathirana