Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hiding Away

by Suz
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hideaway

Hideaway

by Bauer

TITLE: Hideaway
AUTHOR: Bauer
EMAIL: flibberteegibbet@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance, Humor
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Don't think so
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Just something I did when I was bored about Sam and Jack
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all for now!

Whoops! And a whole lot of other swear words come to mind when I think of what I just did! I'm gonna kill Daniel, and then Janet, and, if Teal'c gets in the way, then God help him! Just as long as I never see Jack ever again, then I'll be okay I hope! This is all Daniel's stupid fault he was the one who gave me the idea! Grrrrr!!!!! You see, that's how much of a stress I'm in I'm making weird noises!

"Sam, hey, Sam. You in there?"

SHIT Daniel. "Get lost Daniel. You're risking your life if you come in here!" Look at that he's opening the door. Grab something, anything and stand ready for the slaughter.

"A piece of broccoli, you're gonna attack me with a piece of broccoli?"

"I couldn't find anything else." I throw it at him anyway.

"Yuch."

"Serves you right."

"Sam, why did you run? You didn't even see his reaction."

"Daniel. I ran because as soon as I said those three words, he gave me the biggest look of disappointment I've ever seen." He gives me a sideways glance. "I don't know what I was expecting really, it's not like he was going to return the favour. Argh! Damn you Daniel Jackson. How stupid was I to even think this might work?"

"You weren't being stupid, but you are now go and speak to him."

"No Daniel. I'm going to ask to be transferred. It's the only way I can avoid him now."

"Sam. He loves you as well. He just needs to get over the initial shock."

"Initial shock! You make it sound like he's just been in some sort of car crash! Daniel, he obviously doesn't feel the same way. Now just, just piss off!" Please go Daniel. Please go.

"Fine, but you're making a huge mistake. I hope you understand that!"

"No Daniel, I've already made the mistake of listening to you!" Great, I've lost the man I love, I've lost one of my best friends, I'm about to quit the greatest jobs I've ever had, and I'm crying! Shit, it always happens in one go, doesn't it?

"Major Carter. Please may I enter?"

"Sure Teal'c." Great, suppose I should try and keep some of my friends.

"Are you okay? You appear to have been crying."

"I'm fine. But thanks anyway Teal'c."

"Colonel O'Neill is wondering where you are."

"I know, I've been avoiding him."

"For what reason?"

"You were there Teal'c, you saw how much of a prat I made myself out to be."

"I disagree with you Major Carter. I believe it would be wise to speak to O'Neill straight away."

"Argh, not you as well." I get up and storm out of the room woops! Two friends down, lets see how many more I can get!

Damn, here comes Janet.

"Hay Sam."

"Hiya." Go away.

"Just want to let you know that you're monthly fitness test is in three days. Be there at 1000hrs sharp, or I'll be forced to fail you." She smiles at me, and then walks off.

"Hay, wait a minute. Janet." She stops and turns towards me.

"Yes."

"No 'You should go see the Colonel' or 'how you feeling?' Not even a sympathy smile?"

"No."

"Oh." Janet rolls her eyes at me. "What?" I ask her

"Sam, this is your decision. You're not a kid. You have to figure out which of the options that you have, that will make you the happiest. Stop looking for answers in other people."

"Right, thanks." I turn away. At that exact moment the klaxons sound, and I instinctively head towards the gate room.

Three flattened airman, six floors, and two staircases later (that's about thirty seconds when you're a pro like me) I arrived in the gate room. But when I looked around there was no one hurrying around, worried about the alarms. I took a few steps forwards, and the alarms shut down. Lieutenant Graham Simmons smiled at me, and then looked into the gate room. I followed his gaze. There were no guards in the gate room, and the gate wasn't covered with the iris, it was activated, but no one seemed to care.

I was suddenly blindfolded, and pulled down some stairs. I could tell we entered the gate room because of the distinctive noise the doors made when they opened, and the fact that I could hear the gate in the background.

My blindfold was removed, and there, at the foot of the ramp was Jack O'Neill in a tuxedo, kneeling on his left knee. I was pushed in the back by someone, I looked back to see Daniel.

"He wont wait forever you know." He whispered at me.

I turned back to Jack and walked over to him.

"Major Samantha Carter." He said, as I got closer. " You never gave me the chance to say anything to you earlier. So, could you please say it again."

"But you looked so disappointed when I first said it."

"Because I was already planning something else like it from me to you, now I've had time to alter it, so just say it again."

"Okay. Erm." I got down on my knees in front of him. "Jack. I really need to tell you something that's been playing on my mind for quite a while now." I clear my throat. "You see; ever since I first met you, I've had these feelings. They weren't that strong in the beginning, but over the past four years, they've kinda, grown. I thought I could keep them hidden, but they're so strong now, and to tell you the truth, I don't see the point in hiding them any more, because the way I fell, I would rather not live at all, then live without you here with me." I take a breath, having hurried through my previous statement. "What I'm trying to say is, Jack, that I love you." There's a silence. A tear starts to fall down my cheek, and then Jack smiles at me.

"Carter. No, wait, what I mean to say is Sam. Thank you. Thank you for always being there. Thank you for always helping me. Thank you for always laughing at my jokes, no matter how lame they were. Thank you for always believing, and obeying me. Thank you for setting such a great example. Thank you for giving me such a strong reason to get up and go to work in the morning. Thank you for giving me strength. Thank you for being born. And thank you for being here." He shuffles a little closer to me, and wipes away more of the tears that are flowing down my cheeks. "Sam, I was taken back by what you said earlier. I've been planning something to say to you for such a long time, and when you said it, I was shocked, to say the least. But I'm over that now. I want to say thank you for breaking the ice." I smile at him. "God, I make it out to be some kind of formal gathering!"

"You're doing great." I say gently, smiling at him. He clears his throat.

"Right. Well, what I really want to say is, and what I'm hoping you'll answer is, well, you see, I was kinda hoping that, if you wanted, ya know no pressure here..."

"JACK SPIT IT OUT!" I hear Daniel shout from behind me."

"Will you marry me?" Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. "Er, Sam. Are you in there?"

"Oh my God."

"Is that good or bad?"

"You want me to marry you?"

"No, this is a really cruel April fools. And this ring, it's not a real diamond, it's glass!"

I kiss him. He obviously wasn't expecting it, but he relaxes quickly, and puts his arms around my waist. I pull away.

"Yes."

"You mean you will?"

"Well that's generally what yes means, isn't it?"

"WOO HOO!"

He picks me up and swings me around.

"Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter."

My stomach twists it's General Hammond. He won't like this.

"Congratulations."

Excuse me?

"Thank you sir."

"He doesn't mind?"

"Don't worry. He understands fully."

"Thank you." I say as I hug my fianc.

"Any time." He whispers in my ear.

It's funny how things work out in the end. I'm now Major Carter-O'Neill. I'm still 2IC of SG-1. Jack's still my superior; except he's also my husband of course. We live in his house as it's big enough for the two of us, and the three latest additions; the twins, Nya and Ashrep, and of course our Labrador puppy, Zorro.

Daniel was inspired by Jack's engagement, and mine; and so proposed to Janet. As well as Cassandra they have also had the addition of Amity to their family.

Life is great!

FEEDBACK PLEASE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Bauer