Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Of Angels, Ghosts And Gates

by Stephen Rule
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Of Angels, Ghosts And Gates

Of Angels, Ghosts And Gates

by Stephen Rule

TITLE: Of Angels, Ghosts And Gates
AUTHOR:Stephen Rule
EMAIL: Templar_stephen@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: SJR
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Character haunting.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis yes. All others, please ask first.
DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Dedicated to those who love you know that four letters make the most powerful talisman of all.

Copyright Stephen Rule; October, 1999

Quietly a man sat on his bunk reading a book. He sat unaware of his surroundings. His eye lay upon the pages taking it all in the stories of races long since past. He twitched and repositioned himself on the bunk. Almost cursing his body for disturbing him in his intense mental activity.

"Hello I am dead. Or that is what I am believed by your race to be. Your race hears me and calls I a ghost. A trapped sprit, a wandering soul caught on this plane of existence."

The man's eyes flicked up from the pages looked around seeing nothing he shook his head in disbelief and returned to the book.

"No you are not going crazy, truly you hear me. Allow me to expand my point. I am the thing that goes bump in the night. I am the dread feeling of terror that makes you scream for the light. I give you this explanation for I feel you are most readily to deal with it in these terms. Oh you don't believe in ghosts?"

The man's brow narrowed and confusion flashed across his face as the sweet tone of voice continued from nowhere.

"You wish to know what I am truly. Maybe your intellect might not comprehend me as I exist. I hear you in sense I hear your thoughts and if you wish to talk to me think what you would normally verbalize. I am not a fellow human playing what you say... a prank. I need you to commune with me this day for my time is short and the thoughts I share will be your salvation."

A new expression laid it self upon the man's face that of fear.

"You are getting scared of me are you not? Relax; let us be at peace in this room. Let me ensure this."

The door slammed on the room and the lock turned unaided by human hands. A man sat on his bunk breathing deeply looking around frantically to find something in contained in nothing.

"There we are alone now just you and I. Before I do give you the information perhaps I should answer the question you did ask. What am I? I am really what you would call an alien, a creature not of this world. For I am a being of pure energy. That is why you do not see I but you can feel me occasionally. This happens when you feel the hairs on you stand up for no reason."

The man closed the book and placed it beside him and began to think.

"Oh, your mind speaks that you need a body to be. Well my young friend this is not the case. My race has not had a regular body for over two million of your world's years. We had no need for them we do not sleep or consume or breath we just are. But if time and place requires a body we draw countless atoms together to form one of pure energy I think I will prove this to you."

In the dull light of the room small sparks flared and died slowly at first then they happened quickly all rushing to one point. The sparks rushed around each other colliding, locking, and building on each other. The man sat there transfixed unable to move as the sparks danced before him. His eyes widened then squinted, as the light grew bright. So bright was the light he closed his eyes.

"Now you may gaze upon I if you wish."

The man's eyes opened with in an instant he fell from his bunk on his knees and pressed flat palms and fingers together his mouth opened let a garbled sentence. "Are you an..." Before him floating was the figure of a man with soft features unmarked completely perfect in every way and behind the figure was a pair of feathered wings.

"No and yes--it has asked us to do things for it in the times gone by. We use this shape because it is, as you so willingly showed easy recognized by your people. I think you now must agree that I is not a prank."

The man just shook his head.

"Good now I must share the information with you before the gate opens and I miss the chance to return to my planet. This is my second journey to your world we came, my race that is came first when the parasites put a gate on your world all those moons ago. We felt it was important to see what would bring them so far. What we saw made as cry a million tears for your peoples they found a new form of life. Innocent to the ways of the universe a simply people who the parasites could control through fear and aggression."

In a display of comprehension the man nodded.

"We played our part in it we spoke to them, your people in the way I speak to you now and gave them the information. But then as now we must show also show not just tell so come with me please."

The figure gestured towards the door it unlocked and opened as quickly as it had closed.

"I will lose this form for now. Fear not I will be with you."

A short while later the man stood in the mess hall looking around him to see what he had come for. The reason for coming to this place was not clear to him. He scanned and found nothing but a sea of faces enjoying their meal.

"Do you see the two people over there the ones they call Carter and O'Neill. Look quickly then look away. You want to know why they have a part to play in salvation of your people. It is simple and yet it is so complex. You see the way Carter looks at him. The look in her eyes. It will be your salvation. Let us go now from this place and I will explain."

Once more in the room the man sat on the bunk looking at his glowing speaker.

"The way her look will save you can be found in the look. She looks at him as a woman in love. This feeling of deep closeness. The feeling of joy that another gives to you. It is your salvation."

The man uttered two words in dry sarcastic voice. "Bull shit."

Then the figure's tone changed from sweet to seething with anger. "Do not under circumstance ever use that tone of thought with me again. I heard that and if you think that love is not the most powerful weapon you have you are a fool. It is love that drives your people. Now weather it be love of another or a country or an ideal love has caused more suffering than anything else in your worlds history. Love has also brought more joy than anything else. Love inspires you it empowers and it will conquer all. Carter will happily die for O'Neill because of the love she has for him. She thinks he feels not the same but I hear their thoughts I know the truth they love each other that is why both will not die because they love each other even if they do not show it. Do you understand it was love that drove the parasites from your world the first time? The people grew tired of seeing there loved ones suffer under the parasites. So through love they forced the parasites to leave."

The man stared at the figure unsure of what he was told. He reflected on it and dropped his head and looked up again and shook his head in way of showing understanding.

"You understand this pleases me. It is my hope now you will figure a way to form the information into a sharp blade that will hurt the parasites. I will leave the planet knowing that you know the secret of victory in your mind use it wisely. Now walk me to the gate my friend."

Daniel Jackson stood in front of the open gate looking at it. Thinking to himself, "Enjoy your trip home um... You never told me your name?"

"I know Jackson. My name if you must know is Gabriel. Good luck Jackson."

The gate drew back in on its self and closed and Daniel smiled.

The end.


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Stephen Rule