Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stories

by Stephali
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stories

Stories

by Stephali

TITLE: Stories
AUTHOR: Stephali
EMAIL: stephalij@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Challenge #437 response, Sam/Daniel
SPOILERS: Singularity, In the line of duty, The Tok'ra (1 and 2)
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Sam had a few stories to tell
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: This fan-fic was written for entertainment purposes only. The respective companies own all characters and publicly recognisable situations.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Challenge 437=
a) Sam and Daniel get together
b) someone says "You married him!"
c) Cassie must be mentioned
d) The people of Earth find out about the Stargate

General Jacob Carter sat back and admired the sun. He was sitting in his garden, under his favourite maple tree, flicking idly through an old magazine. It wasn't really holding his attention though, or that of Selmac, his Tok'ra symbiant. He just wanted to get back to the Tok'ra base, but Jacob insisted: this year they were on going on holiday where he wanted to go.

But he had to admit this was pretty boring. He decided to stretch his legs and wander down to the local shop to buy a newspaper, since the delivery boy had long given up stopping at his house. Hardly surprisingly, as he hadn't visited there in over a year. He didn't want to sell it though, his last memories of his wife were here, blossoming in the delicate roses she had planted, or shining through the lamp she just had to buy at that little market town in Arizona.

Jacob reached the shop in record time, Selmac giving him added stamina, and he selected a newspaper without so much as a glance, the woman behind the counter paying even less attention to it than he did. Shoved in a carrier bag, the main headline remained a mystery until he finally settled down in his chair to read it. What he read made him jump straight back up again. "THEY'VE TOLD THE WORLD ABOUT THE STARGATE!!!!!!"

After a few minutes, when he had calmed down slightly, Jacob looked at the article a little more closely. The shocking headline, "The project that they never bothered to tell us about," didn't seem too encouraging. But it was the subheading that really made him angry. "Dr. and Major Jackson, members of a team designated SG1, have decided to bear all about the alien government conspiracy buried in our own back yard."

"DR. AND MAJOR JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!" Jacob yelled. His daughter, marrying that.. that.. that…archaeologist!!!Perhaps it was a mistake, perhaps they'd made it up, perhaps.. perhaps…. He'd find out sooner or later.

He headed straight for hishiredcar and drove furiously back to Cheyenne Mountain, hitting two jeeps, a combine harvester and what appeared to be an ice cream van, but he was travelling too quickly to tell. Bypassing all the security clearance stage, he marched down to his daughter's laboratory, where he found her snuggled up to Daniel sporting a massive gold and diamond ring on her finger.

"YOU MARRIED HIM!!!!!!!!"

"Yes Dad. I tried to tell you, but you said "Oh no, she'll never get married, she's still in love with Martouf." But you were wrong. I love Daniel and there's nothing anyone can do about it!"

Selmac strode to the fore, acting as the peaceful negotiator to Jacob's unbridled fury, an unusual situation for the pair to find themselves in. "I wish you both a full and happy marriage, but why did you make this project known to the entire world?"

Sam launched into a full explanation into the reasons why, which Selmac quickly tuned out and he began humming to himself. Sam noticed this and stomped up to the infirmary, hoping to find support in the arms of Janet.

That particular doctor seemed unconcerned about the state of the world and more interested in the profile given in the newspaper about each of the members of SG1. Two of her staff nurses up there were clustered around a table with her, along with two patients, a security guard, Cassie, several marines, three cafeteria workers, the whole of SG2 and General Hammond, who had turned a rather interesting shade of maroon.

"Listen to this. "Colonel Jonathan O'Neill, Jack to his friends, is the confirmed leader of SG1 and the first contact between Earth and the peoples of other worlds. Returning from retirement, this distinguished military officer is ranked highly by all who meet him and you would be hard pressed to find a more suitable commander."

"I thought it was Sam telling the papers that," commented someone.

"Well, it was."

"Isn't she married now?"

That sparked off a whole series in rumours, which ended when Makepeace began reading from further down the article.

"Major Samantha Jackson, nee Carter, holds a doctorate in astrophysics and is very qualified and capable of fulfilling all the demanding duties placed upon her. Her status as a scientist supports her work, not jeopardising it, and she is keen for more recruits to the Armed Forces to consider specialising in key subject areas."

"She's a walking advert!" cried someone.

"Read more! Read more!"

A voice rang calmly out from the infirmary door. "I think we've heard enough."

General Hammond took offence to that. "I'm commander of this base!"

Jacob scattered the miscreants like bowling pins. "Well, what are you going to do about it? Surely things can't carry on the way they were?"

Hammond snorted. "The situation is taken care of, no-one believes this story anyway. They think it's just a scare-story. And if they don't…. Dr. Frasier has come up with a little solution to that problem." He indicated a small spray on the side, filled with a memory-eradicator produced from a cheese sandwich earlier that morning.

Suddenly Cassie screamed. Despite the incident with Jolinar, she still hadn't got used to the Tok'ra being friendly aliens policy and ducked to the back of the room, quaking with fear as she stared at Jacob.

"Cassie darling. He's OK. He's our friend," Janet tried to reason with her.

But Cassie was having none of it, so she grabbed the nearest thing to her and threw with all her might at Jacob. It smashed on the floor by his feet, him having nimbly dodged out of the way.

A toxic gas rose up through the room, spreading Janet's memory-eradicator amongst all those present.

A few minutes later, Sam arrived, having forgotten where the infirmary was earlier on. She peered around the door and saw her father, Janet, Cassie, two nurses, two patients, several marines, three cafeteria staff, a security guard called Toby, General Hammond and SG2 staring at each other blankly. She also saw the smashed bottle.

She smiled evilly. "Why have you stopped dancing? You have your ballet recital this evening."

Daniel came up to see what the hell Sam was doing, when he saw an amateur production of the Nutcracker being performed amidst a load of beds and medical equipment. Being the kind person he was, he restored all their memories and everyone lived happily ever after.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Stephali