Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

So, This Is Christmas

by Spyro
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
So, This Is Christmas

So, This Is Christmas

by Spyro

TITLE: So, This Is Christmas
AUTHOR: Spyro
EMAIL: mezzy34@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Holiday (Christmas), Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: The Tok'ra (Part 1 & 2)
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: A surprise Christmas party and mistletoe...you make your own conclusions from there
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Comments, as you should all know by now, are loved and most welcome, in fact they're requested and if you need more incentive after that all I can say is don't make me beg, cos it'll look really pathetic and really demeaning...but I will do it. Yes, I know...I'm pathetic.

Cheerful chattering and mindless ramblings rattled past Jack O'Neill's quarters at the end of the day, December 24th. Christmas Eve. Large formations of what could only be described as children, scurried out of Cheyenne Mountain, happily talking with their friends as they made their way to their cars, off home to their families to spend their Christmas with. Jack sighed and slouched in his chair. Christmas had always been fun when there was someone, even if only one person, to celebrate it with. This year would be particularly bleak. The remainder of SG-1 had seemingly disappeared already, also pleased it was the end of the year, a well earned break from Stargate travel and mission reports. Teal'c had apparently gone back to Chulak this year, to spend his Christmas with his son, Rya'c. O'Neill didn't even know if Jaffa had Christmas, but clearly Teal'c had gone for one reason or another. Probably just taking the opportunity to get out of the SGC and to see his son, Jack decided upon further consideration. Daniel had apparently also chosen to be off-world, staying with the Abydonians and Kasuf, Sha're's father. Jack had also heard that his 2IC, Sam Carter, was off-world also, naturally opting to spend Christmas with her father, Jacob, who was, after an unfortunate near-death experience due to Cancer, now a member of the Tok'ra. With a lack of relatives and this year, friends as well, Jack had very little to celebrate. He sighed deep in his throat and then got up. He might as well take the opportunity to be away from the SGC as well. Fishing into his pocket, he found his keys and fidgeting with them, he made his way up to the parking lot and to his Jeep.

Christmas songs played on nearly every radio station the car radio would pick up on his way home, so he put it on the best of the bunch and turned the volume low, but loud enough so he could still hear it. What was he going to do with himself? Go home and drink beer alone and watch TV? Gee, that sounds fun, Jack thought as he pulled into his driveway and noticed that his street seemed to be unusually populated by cars. Probably just people having Christmas parties, he decided as he locked up his Jeep and shoved the front door key into its lock. Twisting it and hearing the usual click it made that signalled it was now unlocked, he swung it open and flicked his lounge room light on. To his surprise, at the very same moment the room was lit, several of his friends appeared in the room.

"Merry Christmas!" Daniel Jackson shouted as Jack took in the decorations all around the house.

"How did you get in here?" he asked incredulously, closing the front door behind him and dropping his keys on the table. Daniel brandished a key in front of him and Jack instantly recognised it as a front door key to his house. Frowning in confusion, he looked up at Jackson.

"Borrowed your keys the other day while you had your physical examination," he explained. "Just happened to go and get one of these cut."

"I was wondering why I was the only one who needed a physical at the end of the year," O'Neill commented, staring noticeably at Doctor Janet Fraiser, who smiled innocently and went slightly pink.

"They organised it sir," she said, "I was given my orders and I obeyed."

"You are displeased O'Neill?" Teal'c asked, seeing Jack's statement of utter disbelief. He wasn't angry with them for doing it, just absolutely shocked that they had gone to all that trouble – for him.

"No," he dismissed the Jaffa's comment, "I...uhh..."

"Oh come on!" Daniel exclaimed impatiently. "Enough of that! Where's the music in this place? Let's party!" The group laughed heartily as Daniel rushed about looking for music.

"Just put the radio on," Jack said, remembering the Christmas music all the radio stations were playing. "Every station is the same. The stereo is here Danny, don't go wrecking the joint, you only just got here."

"Right!" Jackson said, noticing the stereo was right in front of him as O'Neill switched it on and a song began.

"Oh I like this song," Fraiser commented as John Lennon's 'So This Is Christmas' began. Sam Carter nodded from behind her. She'd been very quiet up to that point. Janet turned to her.

"You going to talk at all tonight, or are you just going to stare at him?" she asked. Sam snapped out of her trance and looked at her friend.

"What?" she asked, for she hadn't heard a word of what her friend had said to her. She'd been in another world at the time, mindlessly gazing at her CO as he talked to Jackson and Teal'c.

"Are you going to talk, or are you just going to stare at him?" Fraiser repeated and Sam realised in a split second how obviously she had been staring at him.

"Oh," she sighed, taking her eyes away from his now smiling face to look back at her friend. "Was I staring?" Janet let out a giggle and nudged Sam's shoulder.

"Not that anyone would have noticed," she joked.

The food lay out on the table already. Christmas Bon Bon's were set out at even points along each side and at each corner. Tinsel hung from around the windows and from the table edges, along with spattered pieces of mistletoe from the ceiling. Fraiser had pilfered herself a Santa hat from Jackson and now donned it crookedly on her burgundy hair. Sam and the doctor were seated in two arm chairs facing each other on an angle, laughing and talking about the year gone by. Daniel and Jack were hopelessly trying to explain the tradition behind mistletoe to Teal'c who was clearly perplexed by the idea of decorating the ceiling with strange foliage. Daniel was trying to be historical about the whole issue, using references from the past, but Jack was just standing beside him, laughing at his jumbled sentences and Teal'c's classic expressions of confusion.

Sam and Janet laughed hysterically as they watched the Jaffa raise an eyebrow incredulously as Daniel attempted to imitate Rudolf the red nosed reindeer. With his hand to his face, bursting open and recoiling again continuously to imitate a glowing nose, and him being down on all fours (or threes when you consider the hand at his face) trying to look like a four-legged animal, it really was a sight.

The radio blared in the background with non-stop Christmas tunes, from the actual song 'Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer' to 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' and 'We Three Kings Of Orient Are'. Teal'c, of course, required more explanations when it came to such songs, having no idea where three kings of orient are came into the picture of Christmas. Daniel, again, attempted to give explanations, but was unsuccessful and eventually gave up, telling Teal'c to go the library and borrow a book. The Jaffa was going to ask another question, but Jack quickly told him not to worry about it and the query was forgotten.

Naturally, eggnog was a main feature of the table, a large bowl of it sat in the center and no one wasted it. By the end of the night it was nearly all gone, and to say the least, Daniel and Teal'c had gone a little too far. Janet, claiming she didn't like eggnog anyway, hadn't had a lot, and neither had Sam. Jack hadn't bothered much with the drink either, but none of them needed to while Daniel and Teal'c were on the roll they were on. They could have emptied a river full of it if they were let loose, but thankfully before they got too drunk, Janet decided it was time for them to go home before they embarrassed themselves. They'd already gotten close to it when Daniel had wanted to show Teal'c what mistletoe was for, and when Teal'c had tried to imitate Santa Clause coming down a chimney. Of course Sam, Janet and Jack knew that when they woke up the next day they would be feeling far worse than they did now, but they also knew that if they didn't take them home soon Teal'c would be imitating Santa and Daniel would be showing Teal'c the use of mistletoe. And as fun as it all sounded, none of them were really willing to see either of the events actually occur.

Nearly an hour after Janet had taken Daniel and Teal'c home, Sam and Jack were still cleaning up the mess in his lounge room. Janet had offered to take Sam home as well, seeing as they'd all come in Janet's car to begin with, but Sam had declined the offer, saying she would stay and help Jack clean up the mess they'd greatly contributed to and Jack said he'd take her home. After saying some very drunken goodbyes and Daniel trying to kiss everyone goodbye, Sam and Jack had begun the cleaning and an hour later, they were still at it.

"Daniel told me you organised all of this," O'Neill stated as he picked up a rather squashed piece of pudding.

"He did?" Carter asked. She'd hoped he wouldn't find out it was all her idea.

"Yah. Thanks."

"You're welcome sir."

"C'mon Carter, we're off duty. Lose the sir."

"Right," she said. "Jack," she whispered to herself as she collected tufts of tinsel. Both of them were bent low to the floor, eyes scanning for more rubbish, one hand holding a garbage bag. At the center of the lounge room, they almost collided due to lack of concentration. As they stood up, they both looked at each other.

"Sorry," they said simultaneously. Sam looked up nervously and noticed mistletoe directly above where they stood. Jack followed her gaze.

"Mistletoe," he stated.

"Yeah," she agreed mindlessly, silently hoping they might be able to just...

"Well?" Sam looked down from the mistletoe to the man in front of her. Eyebrows raised, he was looking directly at her.

"Well, err, what sir?" she asked, puzzled.

"I told you Carter, drop the sir."

"Oh, sorry."

"And well?"

"Well what?" He tipped his head up quickly and then looked back at her. Her heart leapt. Did he want to kiss her? Did he want her to kiss him? What should she do?

"Didn't Daniel say there were traditions where mistletoe is concerned?" Jack asked with a smirk and the raising of an eyebrow. Sam licked her lips and nodded.

"Yes, I think he did," she replied with the same mischievous tone.

"Ah. What do you think we should do about that then?"

"We should probably obey the traditions, don't you think?"

"I leave it in your capable hands Carter." Sam couldn't help but laugh on the inside. They were making a joke of it, but she was dead serious about it. She wanted to kiss him and then so much more. But would he just want it to be a quick 'Christmas kiss'? Or would he want it to be what she wanted? Sam was afraid to ask the question, so instead she followed his statement. It was in her hands, and so she made it literal.

Stepping the tiny step that separated them, she rose to his height, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him with passion she didn't even know she possessed. Their eyes closed as the electricity sparked between them and Jack's arms raveled around Sam. She nearly fell into him. It was the most incredible feeling she'd ever felt in her life. She wasn't supposed to feel the way she felt about this man, and now she was kissing him with such passion – passion that she was not supposed to feel for him. Let alone was she supposed to be kissing him. He was her CO. She would return to a Court-Martial if this got out...that they'd kissed. But it was a Christmas kiss wasn't it? This was how everyone kissed when they kissed under the mistletoe...right? Oh please! Who are you kidding Sam?! She thought to herself. No one kisses like this under mistletoe unless they're married!

The kiss seemed to go on, and on. It was incredible. Finally they separated, hot and craving more, their breathing erratic. Sam could feel the prominent rise and fall of her chest and she could see Jack's. His deep brown eyes locked with hers, and within them she found her answer. Yes. He felt exactly the same way for her and he wanted the same things as she did more than anything in the world. Their hands joined.

"You know, we can put mistletoe all around the house if you want?" Jack said and Sam smiled at him.

"I don't think we need mistletoe anymore," she said honestly and with that they found Jack's bedroom.

Sam woke next morning. Christmas Day. The warm skin beneath her right hand she knew was Jack. She turned her head and smiled at him. Sliding close to him, she planted a kiss to his cheek and then his mouth.

"Last night," he said.

"Was incredible," she finished. Jack nodded.

"So," he murmured, "this is Christmas."

"Yes. The best one I've had so far."

"Me too."

"Well, I got my wish."

"You had a wish?" Jack asked. Sam nodded.

"Of course," she smiled, "I always have a Christmas wish."

"And do they always come true?"

"Not always. But this years' did."

"What was it? You can't say you can't tell me or it won't come true, you said it's already come true." He smirked at her and she giggled.

"You're right," she agreed. "Well, my wish was this," she said, nodding her head at the two of them, laying together.

"Good," Jack said, "cos so was mine."

"I love you."

"Love you too. Merry Christmas Sam."

"Merry Christmas Jack."

The End

Hope you all enjoyed that little thing. Only short, but that's all it was meant to be. Just a little thing I was thinking about the other day, and ooh, look, I wrote it. Oops.

***Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year***

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Spyro