Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Here We Go Again

by SpaceMonkeyfreak
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Here we Go Again

Here we Go Again

by SpaceMonkeyfreak

Title: Here we Go Again
Author: SpaceMonkeyfreak
Email: Rachelinda_hous@crazy-world.co.uk
Status: Complete
Category:
Pairings: Sam/Jack Daniel/Janet
Spoilers: None
Season: who knows?
Sequel: nope
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: Light romance
Summary: SG1 go to the beach...
Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

"Hi guys!"

"Hi Danny!" Sam replied as she dumped her beach bag on the soft sand.

"Ok Spacemonkey, I don't suppose you'd mind explaining the inflatable dolphin would you?"

"Uh, yeah, I couldn't blow it all up, so I thought maybe you could do it Jack?"

"Me? What am I? A balloon pump?"

Teal'c raises an eyebrow. "That would not be possible O'Neill, for you are a human."

"Yeah thanks Teal'c, ya know I was wondering about that the other day...Anyway Danny you can blow it up yourself."

"Aw don't be so mean Jack," warned Sam, "I should have thought a man of your calibre could have blown up a toy dolphin, but obviously you're not half the man I thought you were..."

"Whaaa? What are you talking about? Of course I can blow it up." Jack takes the dolphin and goes off in a sulk, attempting to blow it up.

"Reverse psychology," said Sam, "works in most men."

"I am not familiar with this term, but in my opinion, O'Neill is attempting to prove himself to you, Carter."

Sam laughed it off and turned to look at her struggling friend.

"I hope you're looking after my Rocky!" shouted Daniel

Jack looked up red in the face, "Rocky?.....Aah Holy....Buckets!" he exclaimed after just letting loads of the air escape.

"Keep going Jack!" encouraged Sam

They turned away from Jack again.

"So," said Danny, "anyone know when Janet's getting here?"

"Er yeah, in about half an hour." Said Sam

"Oh Okay then. Don't suppose you know what she'll be wearing?"

"Danny!"

"Oh sorry, its just she was telling me she was going shopping for something to wear tonight. I mean you're wearing your swimming costume and your sarong and I was just curious that's all."

"Yeah, a little too curious I think."

Danny blushed "Aw Sam, you're her best friend surely you know what she thinks of me? How come you won't tell me?"

"I'm sure you'll find out soon Danny", Sam smiled to herself. She was pretty sure Janet liked him as much as he liked her but she couldn't say anything that might not be true, could she?

"Anyone coming in for a swim?" said Danny, pulling off his T-shirt.

"I cannot swim in your seas. My Symbiote will react to the salt."

"Well come for a paddle then."

"A paddle?" Teal'c raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah, you just have to walk in the sea for a bit Teal'c, get your ankles wet!" said Sam

Teal'c decides to try it, even though Sam nearly collapses in laughter at Danny trying to explain, that you have to roll your trousers up, if you don't want to take them off!

"How you doing Sir?" shouted Sam over her shoulder, still watching the comedy show before her. When Jack didn't reply, she tried again, "Sir..."She turned round to have a look. Jack had collapsed!

"Sir! Sir!" She shouted. She ran over to help him, he lay there unconscious and Sam had to think back to her medical training. Where the hell was Janet when you needed her? Okay Sam, check for airways, yep clear, put your ear to his mouth and look down at his chest. Sugar! He's not breathing, okaaay, has he got a pulse? Yes. Aargh! Now here comes the hard bit. Oh Jack, I'd much rather do this when you're you know, more alive!

Tip the head back, pinch the nose, seal the mouth and Blow! And Again, Blow! Holy Hannah, am I meant to do it again or what? Hang on he's breathing. Recovery position time. Hand by neck, ummm, bend knee up, oh yeah I remember this now coz you could only do this to a member of the same sex in practices, oh dear! Jack would have a fit if he could see this now. Hand on the inside of the thigh and pull him over. Hmmm, looks kinda wrong but hey...

"Mmmmm, that feels good,"

'Oh my Goa'uld! He wasn't just asleep was he?'

"Huh? What? What the hell happened?"

"Uh, you fell unconscious sir."

"What, as in asleep?"

"Well, asleep and not breathing."

"Not breathing? Quick, where's the ambulance? Am I dead?"

Sam felt a tap on her shoulder, it was Janet. "No Jack you're not dead, but from what I saw, you might have been if it wasn't for Sam's medical skills, maybe the SGC doesn't need me after all!" she joked

'Oh no, Oh no, she saw me kiss Jack...'

"You're a medic Sam?"

"Er No."

"But she can still do the odd mouth to mouth, can't you?"

'Does she set out to embarrass me or what?'

"Mouth to Mouth?" said a confused Jack,

"Yeah, you know, glorified kissi..."

"yes I know what it means thank-you doc, I was just wondering why."

"Well maybe coz you weren't breathing??? Look, I give up on you two, where's Danny and Teal'c?"

"Oh they're over there", said Sam, gesturing to the water. "Danny was quite interested in what you'd be wearing..."

"Oh yeah, my new bikini! Typical Bloke!"

"Excuse - me?" interrupted Jack

"Well I think that's present company included don't you Sam?" she giggled.

She headed off to meet Danny, "chat to you later!" she shouted back at Sam.

"Sorry about that sir."

"Would you quit it with the Sir's, we're at the beach for crying out loud. Anyway, what's to be sorry about? You just saved my miserable little life didn't you? And I mean, c'mon, who could resist a man like me?" He laughed. Sam just blushed,

'Change the conversation Sam, come on'

"Er, so what do you wanna do now then sir, I mean Jack?"

"Finish blowing up Rocky here?"

"No, certainly not, Doctors orders! Any way, I think Danny's having enough fun without him for a while." She said, glancing over at her other friends playing in the water.

"S'ppose so."

After a while, a very wet Janet, teal'c and Danny returned to see the 'deputy doc' and Jack.

"I've heard all about you two, don't worry." Danny said as they approached.

Sam looked at Jack. Jack looked at Sam.

"Us two?"

"Yeah Janet was telling us..."

Sam got up and dragged Janet away from the others.

"So, what exactly did you say?"

"Oh Nothing much" smirked Janet, but after receiving a glare from Sam, " Well I thought if there were some rumours going around, you and lover boy would do something and live up to them."

"What?!" shouted Sam

"Come on Sam, you couldn't possibly have thought I was stupid enough to ignore it all?"

"Ignore what all?"

"You and Jack. I can tell you like him. Besides, if you didn't, you wouldn't have jumped in so quickly to save him like that, you didn't even call for Help."

"Well maybe it was my independent streak."

"Yeah right."

"Well even if I did like him, I couldn't do anything about it, you know, breach of protocol and all that. It's just that Jack is so Darn sexy!"

"George doesn't spy on us off base you know."

"George?"

"Pardon?"

"You just referred to the General as George."

"Don't try and change the subject Sam."

Janet walked off leaving poor Sam very confuddled. She decided that maybe a chocolate ice cream would help her out. She came back to find Jack smiling at her.

'What's he so happy about now?' she thought.

"Er Sam, can I have a word?"

"Yeah sure."

"Just had a chat with your pal Janet over there."

'Great, I'm going to kill her.'

"Oh yeah?" she said sheepishly.

"I never realised how you felt Sam."

'Okay, I really am going to kill her.'

"I'm really sorry sir, I can't help it, it's just you're so..."

"Darn sexy?" he finished for her with a chuckle.

Sam looked close to tears. 'I thought she was meant to be a friend.'

"Hey, you're looking so worried! I'm flattered, you know, the last person that said that to me was Kawalsky on drag night,"

"Drag night???!?"

"Er yeah, look another time maybe, but the point is, well if I didn't like you, I wouldn't do this..."

He kisses her,

'Okay, so maybe I won't kill her after all...'

"Jack! You haven't blown up Rock... er Jack? Sam? Hellooo you guys! Ow!"

Jack had just wacked his arm randomly behind him and knocked Danny out.

"Oh my Goodness!" screamed Janet running towards him.

Teal'c raises his eyebrow. "I think this is where the line, 'Here We Go Again' would be appropriate?"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to SpaceMonkeyfreak