Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

You Didn't See a Thing

by Skyfighter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
You didn't see a thing

You didn't see a thing

by Skyfighter

TITLE: You didn't see a thing
AUTHOR: Skyfighter
EMAIL: samantha_carter2000@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Humour
SPOILERS: Divide and Conquer
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: No-one sees anything. Apparantly...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Had to have a story with Cassie in. Kudos to my beta's, Ally and J'N'C, thanx.

Daniel glanced across at where Sam and Jack were sitting on the park bench, a respectable gap between them.

"Oh really."

He smiled as Teal'c rose an all too familiar eyebrow.

"Oh really what, Danieljackson?"

"Jack and Sam.... Oh, never mind, Teal'c. Let's just leave them alone. I think they need to talk, without witnesses."

"I will do whatever you think is necessary, Danieljackson."

Daniel nodded, glanced with a smile across at his friends, then dragged Teal'c off in a different direction.

Jack looked up as he saw Daniel drag Teal'c off.

"Wonder where they're going?"

Sam sighed. "I don't know. Going to see where Cassie and Janet have got to?"

Jack smiled. "I don't know. I mean, it's been half an hour since Cassie said she needed the washroom. What is it with - "

"Don't even finish that question, sir," Sam warned. Jack sighed.

"For crying out loud, Carter. We've been friends for three years now. Can't you use my first name?"

"Can't you?" Sam countered. Jack looked like he was going to respond, then he shut up, moving his gaze to a clump of forget-me-nots on the other side of the path. "Seriously, sir, I can't."

"Yeah, I know. I understand."

"You do?"

Jack snorted indignantly, returning his gaze to hers. "I'm not completely devoid of any emotions, Carter."

"I wouldn't of guessed."

"Eesh, Carter. Are you trying to get court-martialled?"

Sam grinned ferally. "If I was, don't you think I'd do something worth while?"

Jack nodded. "Like what?"

Sam grinned at him. "Likethis."

Before either of them could really stop it, Sam had shuffled closer to Jack and now had her lips glued to his. Slightly shocked, Jack responded, as the kiss deepened, and finally ended when neither of them could breathe. Jack's heart was pounding in his ears, and Sam couldn't breathe properly now.

"Urrr... I never... We promised..."

Sam looked down. "Sorry, sir... I just..."

"Yeah."

They were both silent for a moment, before launching into another passion filled kiss. Frantically, they pulled away, both shuffling embarrassed to the other side of the bench.

"Major this has got to.."

"I know sir, it's just every time I'm near you I want to.."

"I think this is getting out of... mmmfff..."

Jack trailed off as they both stood up and kissed again, holding each other tight.

"Years of special op training and my own 2IC can subdue me?"

Carter pushed herself away from him.

"Sorry sir. Not again...."

Embarrassed, they avoided each others gaze, and walked - either side of the path - following the way that Daniel went. Some little while along the way, the path narrowed, and they had to walk within touching distance of each other. Jack found his hand reaching out, and it touched Sam's. They pulled back their hands.

"This has got to stop," Jack groaned.

"I know, but sir, I want you," Sam groaned.

"urrr.... I do too but we can't Carter. We both know that."

"Yes sir." They continued walking in silence, when suddenly Jack stopped still. Sam turned to look at him.

"What?"

"Sssssshhhh." Jack put his hand to his lips, and started to sneak off the path. Sam very cautiously followed a little way behind him. When they'd gone a few metres, Sam heard what Jack had heard... A very familiar male voice, with a recognisable female voice.

"Is that who..." Sam started, but Jack hissed, and motioned for her to crawl. Cautiously, they both crept down, and crawled silently forwards, until they were under a bush, and could see the talkers.

It was General Hammond, hand in hand with another woman. Sam blinked as she realised this woman was none other than General Harrington, who worked at the Pentagon. Jack had noticed this too, and grinned at Sam, and they turned their attention back to their conversation.

"So, George... How long..."

General Hammond's face creased up a bit. "It's been five years since Margaret died. But I think she would have wanted me to be happy."

"Oh I do too..." With a quick glance around, the woman reached up and gently kissed General Hammond, who gladly responded. Unfortunately, all Sam and Jack could do was giggle, and Jack yelled out.

"And about time too, sir!"

General Hammond whirled around, then spotted the shaking bush. He was blushing like mad, and the woman looked pretty embarrassed too. He walked over to the bush.

"Ohmi... Colonel O'Neill?"

Jack grinned, pulled himself out, and then extended a hand to Sam.

"Major Carter? What are you...?"

Jack smiled. "We were following Daniel and Teal'c... they'd gone to look for Cassie and Janet about five minutes earlier... When we heard you talking and..."

General Hammond stared at both of them sternly and Jack cringed a bit.

"Colonel, Major... You know I would never...OK. You didn't see a thing, Colonel. Not a thing."

Jack and Sam nodded, then a curious expression came over Sam's face. Jack noticed it, and looked at her, then back at General Hammond's expression. He noticed Carter's face, and then smiled.

"OK, OK. As long as this doesn't affect your work as SG-1... We didn't see a thing either... Happy?" General Hammond looked slightly shocked, but happy, as he stood with General Harrington.

Jack blinked, then nodded. He was about to say something else, when Sam smiled.

"Uh, if you would excuse us, General... sir," she yelled, quickly dragging a very bemused Jack behind her. He shrugged apologetically, and allowed himself to be lead off.

General Harrington smiled softly. "They're the infamous CO's of SG-1? From your reports I thought they were very well suited."

General Hammond grinned. "Yes, I thought they were too. We've had more than enough confirmation that they were meant to be together..."

"Ah yes, those alternate realities. But getting them together wasn't your only reason for kissing me was it?"

General Hammond turned to her, smiled, and had to agree that no, it wasn't.

Daniel, Janet, Teal'c and Cassandra had finally met up, and were waiting for Jack and Sam to turn up. Daniel tapped his foot impatiently, and Cassie was getting more and more annoyed.

"Where is Aunty Sam, mom?"

Janet shook her head. "I don't know, honey."

"There they are!" Daniel cried out, looking up in astonishment as he saw them running towards them, Sam dragging Jack behind her. As they approached, however, Daniel jumped as they ran right past, skidding to a halt, breathless and giggling in front of Jack's jeep. Sam fumbled in her pocket a while, and finding her keys pitched them to Janet.

"Uh, Janet. You can borrow my car. Only don't come to Jack's house."

"No... It's not open to the public today," Jack grinned at Sam, and she clambered into the car.

"Come on."

"I'm coming."

Janet, Daniel, Teal'c and Cassie all stood open-mouthed as they piled into the jeep giggling, and then they cheered when the two officers kissed, and Jack started the engine.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot," Sam yelled at the stricken but pleased four.

"What could we have forgotten?" Daniel asked, trying very hard not to grin. Without looking backwards, Jack and Sam yelled in unison.

"You didn't see a thing!"

With that, they left the park and their friends behind, grinning madly. Simultaneously, they looked at each other and made a silent pact. If seeing nothing made their friends happy, who were they to argue?

*fin*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Skyfighter