Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Bar Scene, The

by Siobhan Gormley
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Bar Scene

The Bar Scene

by Siobhan Gormley

TITLE: "The Bar Scene"
AUTHOR: Siobhan Gormley
EMAIL:aq806@ncf.ca
CATEGORY: S&J romance
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: sexual innuendo
SUMMARY: SG-1, including Janet, get together at a bar
REQUIRED READING: none
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis, SJA, and my site (http://members.tripod.com/~Web7thLevel/TVLAND/pfa.html)
FEEDBACK: Love it as long as it's not pointless flames.
DISCLAIMER: I own nothing but this story. I intend no infringement in the use of the characters, who incidentally belong to Gekko, Double Secret, and MGM, and I make no money off of writing this story. It is simply for my, and hopefully the reader's, enjoyment.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: The first paragraph of this fic started out simply as a bit of whimsy a couple of months back when I was posting to the S&J list. I decided recently to make it in to a full-fledged fic, and here's the result.

Sam's right hand brushed across Jack's, taking his attention away as she reached for his beer with her other hand, whisking it away from him before he could recapture it, a giggle escaping her lips. She raised the bottle to her mouth, taking a swig as he watched her. She licked her lips suggestively as she pulled it away, making Jack go wide-eyed, his breath starting to become a little shallow.

"So when are the others coming?" she questioned, grinning broadly as Jack picked up on the double entendre and blushed slightly. Regaining his composure as she took another drink from the bottle, he responded.

"Any minute now, if we're to believe they'll be on time." Sam's eyebrow arched at his final words.

"And want does that mean?"

"Oh, well, some people take longer to get ready than others." The look on Sam's face turned to mirthful annoyance as she placed the bottle on the bar.

"Oh *really*..."

"Yeah. Well, you know Daniel, everything has to be *just* right," he joked. Carter's expression blossomed in to amusement as she began to laugh at the idea of Daniel being a fashion-monger. Jack took this time to steal back his beer and finish it off.

"Want another?" Sam asked once she stopped laughing and Jack put the empty on the bar top.

"You buying?"

"This round."

"Alright then, I'll have another."

As Sam signaled to the bartender for two more, she asked Jack, "What would you have done if I hadn't been paying?"

"I'd have gotten one anyway," he replied, a mischievous grin appearing on his face. Carter gave him a look of mock-horror and playfully punched him in the arm. Jack winked at her, then turned his attention briefly to the door as familiar voices were heard from that direction.

"There they are, the three wise..'persons'," Jack commented as Teal'c, Daniel, and Janet approached.

"We got a table?" Janet asked as she brushed some snow out of her hair.

"Hello to you too," Sam replied, mildly chastising her friend's abruptness. Fraiser grinned.

"Sorry. Hi. Have we got a table?" The others chuckled at her response.

"Yeah, over there," Jack indicated, pointing toward the other side of the room.

"Good, I'm starved," Daniel said, shaking out his scarf as he removed his jacket. Teal'c looked at the younger man curiously.

"You do not seem to be severely lacking food, the Jaffa commented.

"He just means he's really hungry, Teal'c, which is not unusual," Sam responded, barely holding back a grin as Daniel made a face at her.

Sam slipped off her stool and took her bottle and jacket with her, Jack imitating her, then they led their friends to the table.

Sam watched her friends as they talked, argued, and joked. One in particular kept her attention. The way he smiled, his laugh lines crinkling *just* *so*, making him seem that much more adorable. The mischievous look he gave those he teased, making him that much more enticing. The way his sweatshirt and jeans, a lovely rarity to see him in, fit him just right, hugging his body, eliciting very improper thoughts from the major.

Carter attempted to fan herself surreptitiously, but the object of her observation caught the movement out of the corner of his eye. Turning his head to look at her, he grinned.

"Feeling a little overheated, Carter?"

"Jack, c'mon, you're off-duty, why don't you call her Sam," Daniel interrupted. The colonel glanced at the archaeologist.

"Because I'm allowed to call her whatever the hell I like," Jack replied. Janet chuckled.

"It's cute. It's like Mulder and Scully," the doctor commented, eliciting laughter from Daniel, Teal'c simply observing in his usual manner. Sam grinned teasingly, but Jack rolled his eyes.

"You watch too much TV, Janet."

"Can never watch too much." O'Neill got up from his chair.

"Whatever. I'll be back." Sam's eyes followed his departing form while Daniel and Teal'c began discussing the merit of TV. Fraiser leaned over to her friend.

"Nice view, dontcha think?" she teased. Sam flushed slightly.

"I guess so," Carter replied nonchalantly. The doctor grinned wider.

"I think you more than 'guess so'." The major shrugged.

"So what?"

"So *do* something about it!" Sam looked at her friend in surprise.

"Janet! You know the fraternization rules as well as I do."

"There *are* ways around them, which I'm sure you know as well as I do," Fraiser responded, grinning. Sam sighed.

"You're not about to give up, are you?" Janet shook her head.

"Not until you try."

Sam walked out of the bathroom, adjusting her leather jacket. She looked down as her foot hit something, not noticing the person heading in the opposite direction until it was too late.

"I'm sorry!" she apologized as they bumped in to each other. She looked up and smiled. "Or maybe not." She allowed herself to be backed up against the wall, Jack leaning in to her, placing a kiss on her bared neck. She looped her arms around his neck as he pulled back, his arms encircling her waist inside her jacket.

"I'm glad I bought you this jacket. I do love you in it. Almost as much as you like looking at me in these jeans," he teased, moving in for a kiss. Sam met him halfway, her mouth opening with a moan as O'Neill's hands caressed her through her sweater. Instinctively her right leg raised, rubbing up against Jack's left. Slowly their bodies made them both aware of a need to do more than make out, so they pulled apart before it went any further.

"Not as much as I like seeing you out of them," Sam commented breathlessly.

"Care to help me with their removal? Say in a more secluded place in about half an hour?"

"Meet you at my place, half an hour. Only jeans required." With one final kiss they separated, Sam going first, and a few minutes later Jack. Both made their excuses, which their friends seemed to easily accept. They didn't even bat an eye as Jack offered to drive her to her car, making the two officers wonder. They shook it off though since they were eager to get going, and were thinking they were getting paranoid.

Once they were gone, Daniel mused aloud, "I wonder how long until they get around to telling us?"

"Wanna place a bet?" Janet offered.

"Sure. Teal'c, you in?"

"How much is the wager?" the Jaffa queried, making his friends smile.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Siobhan Gormley