Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

A Different Ending

by Axania chic
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Different Ending

A Different Ending

by axania chic

Summary: This is a prequel to a version of divide and conquer im writing this tells of how Sam and Jack together
Category: Romance
Episode Related: 319 New Ground
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: sexual situations
Disclaimer: I don't own Stargate otherwise I wouldn't of writtten this story due to government officals and all that.
Archived on: 01/08/06

A Different Ending
Authors Note:
Disclaimer: I don't own stargate otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here typing this (just to state the obvious sorry)
This fic is out of Divide and Conquer it's my own adding of what I think should oh happened as I'm a shipper, but the writers are obviously anti Sam and Jack oh how I hate them, just give in and give us Sam and Jack.
This chapter is the prequel which will be followed by the story, it just seems easier to stick them together its set in season 3 around the time of `New Ground', it's probably been done to death and back but my writing part of my brain will not let me drop an idea. Also she hasn't been made a Major until the next chapter just to keep the time scale correct.
~*~
"Dismissed," General Hammond said ending the meeting.
Captain Samantha Carter stood up quickly and tried to leave the room straight after him but Colonel Jack O'Neill grabbed her arm.
"Sit down Captain," he emphasized angrily.
She looked around at Teal'c and Daniel leaving and wouldn't meet the angry gaze of her CO nor the hurt look in his eyes.
"Is it an order sir?" she questioned gritting her teeth.
"Yes! You disobeyed me all the way through that mission, you put yourself at risk fair enough no one else was risked but you.... Carter you should of told me," he added quietly sitting down beside her.
"Sir the leader of the Rey'ios would of grasped it from your mind, I recognized the Tok'ra placed there and they warned me, Colonel we've been over this," finished Sam and walked out.
Jack chased her all of over the base, wherever she went; her lab, her quarters. He'd stand there yelling trying to goad her. She argued back, yelled back even screamed into his face. In the end General Hammond ordered four airmen to separate them and sent the pair home, in their own cars. Sam drove around before finally going back to her house, not noticing the other parked car by her street and locked her car before racing to the front door trying not to get soaked from the sudden downpour. Jack ran up to her and gazed at her rain soaked face.
"What are you doing here?" Sam questioned starting to angry again.
"That's sir to you! Captain how many times have I told you, you didn't why you disobeyed my orders on that planet. I'm not leaving until you explain now!" he barked.
Sam dropped her keys while looking into his deep, brown eyes, the rain making them too slippery to hold, as she bent down to pick them he did to and the next thing she knew they were kissing. They came up breathless and she unlocked the door to allow to continue inside. In the living he never let her go and she wouldn't let him if he did. Their clothes came off in a tangle and they fell to the floor. Jack lay on top of her, kissing her with all his passion and she was giving it back then whilst knowing he could never go back, took her there and then on the floor. They came together and lay side by side panting, Jack looked over at Sam before kissing her gently all over her body. They became aroused again but this time took it slower and more gentler than the lust and sexual tension release the time before had been. Still lying on top of her, Jack looked into Sam's blue eyes and knew they could never go back to the way it was before, they couldn't go back to be comrades. He knew in that moment he had to tell her, tell her everything.
"I love you," he said gently and kissed her.
She looked at him in surprise emotions flashing through her face.
"I love you too," she replied and kissed him in return.
"Lets take this upstairs shall we?" he asked and picked her up.
"Jack no! Put me down!" she screamed as he carried up the stairs where he proceeded to take her into her room and make gentle love to her.
Jack awoke in the early hours of the morning disorientated wondering what was snuggled against him. He smiled at Sam's naked form and pulled the covers more tightly over them. She mumbled and moved closer into him. He frowned suddenly as he remembered his thought from the night before;
`they can never return to what it used to be.'
He began thinking of a solution to his sleeping problem while gazing at his perfect love watching her sleep, not missing a single breath. Sam slowly woke up and stretched, oblivious to Jack lying under her. He coughed and she turned to him.
"Morning beautiful," he smiled and began kissing her.
She returned the kisses all the while thinking of their dilemma.
"I need a shower," she mumbled and walked into her ensuite bathroom switching on the shower. She ducked under the hot water and began washing her hair. Jack came in after her and began washing her back gently. She turned to him and smiled before kissing him, water cascading around them.
"Sam I need you to listen while I just explain what I've been thinking. We both know we can't go back and ignore this I won't fool you and I know you won't fool me. But the military won't change the rules just for us plus the top guys are never happy with us so I came up with a solution..." he paused, " What are you grinning at I do think you know!"
Sam laughed and kissed him before letting him go on.
"I love you and I want this to work for both of us, I feel like I need it, that I need you Sam and the only way I can see that is by us only being together like this off base. On base we act as normal we don't act like a couple, I'm the Colonel and you're the Captain," he explained.
Sam nodded and agreed with him, gently caressing his cheek with her fingers and whispered 'I love you.'
"But we only have this weekend for downtime for a while," she protested.
"Then we won't leave your bed and some nights you can come home with me and leave your lab for once," smiled Jack. "I'll try, honestly," promised Sam and climbed out of the shower grabbing a towel and went back into the bedroom. Jack shook his head and quickly washed his hair and his self before falling her and pushing her onto the bed amid peals of laughter.
~*~
Two months pasted by and the pair kept to their word, on base they remained professional and Daniel nor Teal'c had any idea what was going on. Daniel noticed she went home a lot more but as she took her laptop just assumed she found it easier to work there. Everything was going fine until SG-7 returned from a normal meet and greet mission on PX2-657 which brought about great scientific interest. As Jack watched Sam gear up just before the gate talking to the leader of SG-7 he turned to the General while still keeping an eye on Sam.
"Sir why can't the rest of SG-1 go with her, if it's just a science thing, we don't mind going you know keep the locals at bay," joked Jack.
"Colonel the rest of SG-1 don't need to go as I keep telling you, the planet is safe and the Den'irths are a friendly race who wish to learn more about our scientific ways. And also Teal'c has gone to visit his son, Daniel Jackson has expressed wishes to go with SG-3 to look at the ancients ruins on PX5-325 and Colonel you have overdue paperwork to do," added the General ending the conversation.
Jack watched Sam leaving with this awful feeling in his stomach he should of gone with her. Sam pulled out her sunglasses from her BDU jacket pocket and gazed around her noting the structures of the silver buildings which absorbed the sunlight for energy. Following the Den'irth who was showing them around, she asked questions about their energy uses and water supplies. They were ushered into a building and Sam opened her mouth to speak when she was grabbed from behind and a hand clamped over her mouth. Daniel and Teal'c returned on schedule but SG-7 and Captain Carter were more than 48 hours late. General Hammond had let Colonel O'Neill go home to finish his paperwork and he was due back today and he was going to have a fit when he found out they had received no radio contact nor could they get any MALP readings. The General looked out of his office to see Jack heading towards the gate room and moved to intercept them when chevrons began lighting up on the Stargate.
"Sir it's SG-7,"
"Open the iris," replied General Hammond as Jack ran down to the gate room followed by Teal'c.
"Get a medical team down here!" roared Jack when he saw them roll down the ramp.
"Colonel they've got her, they wouldn't let her go, we're tried for days and they just chased away now threatening to kill us," explained Captain Ginley.
"Debriefing now," ordered the General.
~*~
"General they appeared peaceful, I thought they wanted to exchange ideas but as soon as we returned with Captain Carter they grabbed her and took her somewhere. We've been unable to find her but we located to a building quite near to the Stargate," added Captain Ginley.
"Sir permission to take Teal'c and SG-3 to get Carter out of there?" asked Jack. "Permission granted son," answered the General.
Half an hour later Jack, Teal'c and SG-3 were geared up to leave although it had appeared to be an eternity to Jack. He was trying to keep his emotions under control, if he let slip now everything would be ruined and he loved Sam way too much to let that happen, he wouldn't let himself nor anyone else hurt her.
"Teams SG-1 and SG-3 you have a go!" said the General as they raced through the gate.
Running to the building SG-7 said Sam was located in, confusing the Den'irths who stared and backed away from the armed force. Jack looked around and grabbed what looked like a guard.
"Where is she?" he questioned.
"Who?...I don't....."
Jack hit his head against a wall forcing the guard to drop his weapon.
"Down that corridor and into the basement," he finally answered and slumped to the floor when the Colonel released him.
Jack was first down the stairs and ran down the end of the corridor and kicked open the door to find Sam tied up with a gag tied through her mouth. He could see her look at him disorientated and knew she was injured, seriously as he got a closer look at her glazed eyes. Jack untied the gag, allowing to speak as she crumbled into her arms.
"My ankle, please untie my legs," she begged so softly he barely heard her.
Quickly he untied her ankles and noticed her left one was badly swollen. Looking up he untied her hands and felt her wince.
"My ribs," she mumbled and began losing consciousness.
"Sam...please stay awake, I'm going to carry you back to the Stargate, Sam..." called Jack.
"Its Carter remember," she whispered smiling.
"Yeah, that's my Carter," he smiled in reply.
He carried her back to the Stargate, yelling at SG-3 to dial up and ran through the event horizon.
"Well sirs, she has 3 broken ribs, a broken ankle, a badly bruised wrist with a possible hairline fracture and slight concussion, I'm ordering at least two months downtime to recover. I'm suggesting the rest of SG-1 has the same amount time due to their past schedules," recommended Dr Janet Frasier.
General Hammond nodded and left for his office to rearrange some schedules and organize the downtime. Jack looked over at Sam and tried his hardest not to run to her and hug her in front of everyone.
"Sir Captain Carter will need her rest, she's going to be in the infirmary for a while as I can't let her go home," admitted Janet.
"I'll take her to my house, that way she'll have someone watching her and it'll be away from her lab, don't make me make it an order doc," he added meeting her gaze. "No Colonel that's a brilliant idea, I'll let you take her laptop but no work for at least two weeks and don't let her walk around on that ankle, I'll give you a list of what she'll need and her meds," replied Janet and went into her office.
Jack walked over to Sam and smiled at her.
"You're coming home with me kiddo,"
"You were lucky, but I want to stop at my house first and pick up some stuff and I am not going to your cabin," vowed Sam.
"Ok, ok I promise we won't go to my cabin but you will rest," promised Jack and left the infirmary to get ready.
~*~
Sam lay on Jack's sofa and tried to think of something other than the pain. She was up to date with her painkillers and couldn't anymore for a few hours but she felt awful and sick.
"Jack....Ja.....," she called out before passing out.
Jack came rushing in from the kitchen and picked Sam up from the floor, he tried gently to wake her up, listening to her mumbling about the pain.
"Sam shh, I'll take you upstairs and give you something to let you sleep, it'll dull the pain too," comforted Jack and took her upstairs.
He got her under the covers and gave her the sleeping tablet. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her in the bed.
"Stay please, Jack I need..," muttered Sam.
Jack climbed into bed next to her removing his trousers and let her snuggle into his chest. He held her close, mindful of her injuries.
"Shh, I'll never let you go never, I love you too much my love."
~*~
And the prequel ends there I think this is longer than the actual story haha, Thanks for reading.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to axania chic