Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wish List, The

by ShebaMaru
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Wish List

The Wish List

by ShebaMaru

Summary: The synthetic duplicates of SG-1 on PX3989 send a note to the real SG-1 team. Story would take place after season 1's "Tin Man" but before season 4's "Double Jeopardy".
Category: Other
Episode Related: 118 Tin Man
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/14/03

"Incoming wormhole activation," announced Sgt. Davis. He checked for an SGC or Tok'ra signal before opening the Stargate's iris.

General Hammond descended the stairs and approached the large window overlooking the gate room. He looked at the sergeant with some concern. "None of our off-world teams are do back yet."

"Sir, it's...SG-1," Davis said, a little perplexed.

"That's impossible. There here on the base."

Sgt. Davis rechecked the signal. "There's no doubt sir, it's their signal." Hammond crossed over to the telephone. "This is Hammond, get SG-1 to the gate room right away."

Hammond then ordered for the gate room's security task force to take up their positions. Within seconds, a dozen soldiers entered the gate room and aimed their weapons at the Stargate.

"All right, sergeant," said Hammond. "Open the Iris."

Sgt. Davis activated the Iris control codes and the Stargate's protective shield opened, revealing an active wormhole. Seconds later, a metal box came through the gate and landed on the ramp with a large clunk. The box was approximately the size of a shoe-box and revealed nothing of a design or language; it was simply a plain metal box.

"What the hell?" Hammond waited for something more, but the gate deactivated and the wormhole disappeared. Hammond leaned over the microphone. "Stand back, it could be some sort of explosive device." The soldiers in the gate room cautiously moved back to the two opened doors on each side of the room. Several of them kept their weapons aimed, just in case. Hammond turned to a female assistant in the control room. "Get Lieutenants Seavers and Holcomb down here immediately."

"Right away, sir," said the assistant. She moved to a phone and made the call.

Lieutenants Seavers and Holcomb were two of the SGC's leading explosive experts. If the box contained a bomb, they would be able to etect it and defuse or destroy it safely.

In the gate room, Colonel Jack O'Neill, Dr. Daniel Jackson and Teal'c entered and looked around at the tensity of the soldiers. O'Neill looked up toward the window of the control room. "What's going on?" As he asked his question, Major Samantha Carter entered the control room.

"We received off-world activation with an SG-1 signal," explained Hammond. "That box there on the ramp is all that came through." O'Neill looked at Teal'c and Daniel, counting them and himself, and then Carter up in the control room. "We're all here, sir."

"I know that, colonel, but your code was used for an Iris deactivation request." O'Neill looked at the metal box on the ramp. "And?"

"I've called for Lieutenants Seavers and Holcomb to inspect the box incase it's a bomb. We'll need to clear the gate room." O'Neill nodded to the soldiers standing around him. "Go ahead, we'll take it from here."

"How could someone use our GDO signal?" asked Carter. She stood beside Hammond.

"That's what interested me enough to open the iris," replied Hammond, "and it looks as though we may have received a bomb for our trouble."

O'Neill and the others waited. They kept their distance, but O'Neill's natural curiosity was getting the better of him. He moved a little closer to the ramp, trying to detect visually, something that would indicate that the box contained a bomb. He looked at his watch. "Shouldn't it have gone off by now?" It was just an impatient thought he had aloud. One that wasn't really appreciated by anyone.

Seavers and Holcomb arrived in full protective clothing and cautiously made their way toward the box with several tools and other mechanical apparatuses required to defuse a bomb. They held up a hand-held radioation indicator, but there was no traces of radiation. O'Neill, Teal'c and Daniel focused their attention on Lt. Seavers as he reached for the box. The three men instinctively took one large step back into the corridor. O'Neill even winced at the thought that the box may explode. Lieutenant Seavers undid the metal clip that held the box securely closed and then lifted the lid. There was no bomb, just some papers folded neatly inside.

"It's okay," Seavers waved to the general. Hammond leaned into the mike, "Stand down everybody." Seavers picked up the box and carried it off the ramp. O'Neill dismissed the security group that stood behind him. He then approached Lt. Seavers and the metal box with curiosity.

"It looks like letters, sir," said Seavers.

"Let me see those."
Seavers handed O'Neill the box. O'Neill looked it over for any discernable markings, but it was plain and unmarked. He pulled out what indeed were letters. Letters, which he saw, that were addressed to the members of SG-1 and General Hammond.

O'Neill unfolded one of the letters as Teal'c, Daniel, Carter and General Hammond approached. The first letter had an introduction and then went into an itemized list. At the bottom, O'Neill recognized Daniel's signature. O'Neill looked at Daniel. "This is from you?"

"What?"
"It has your name on it."
Daniel was slightly dumbfounded. "You sure it's not to me?" O'Neill looked at the letter again. "Oh yeah, it's to you...from you." He gave the letter to Daniel.

Daniel looked it over and began reading aloud. "Hi, Daniel. I know we were supposed to dismantle the gate, but it was Jack's idea to reactivate it for just this once and Sam was able to recreate the GDO signal." Daniel gave O'Neill a curious look, but O'Neill shrugged, professing his innocence. Carter was also surpirsed at the mentioning of her name. Daniel continued reading the letter, "If you would be so kind as to acquire for me the list of items I made, I would be forever grateful. Life here on Altair is a bit uninteresting. We're hoping to journey up top to the surface to study what was the Altairean culture of the people here. In the mean time, I could sure use something to take my mind off the long hours of the day. P.S., surprisingly Jack has not killed Harlan yet. Sincerely, Daniel."

O'Neill was surprised. "I haven't killed Harlan yet? Who's Harlan?"

"He was the only survivor on P3X-989, which was called Altair," mentioned Carter as she approached them closer. "It turned out he was actually an android, a synthetic being with the original Harlan's memory and consciousness."

"Yeah, remember, he duplicated all of us," added Daniel.

"Oh yeah, I remember him," said O'Neill. "I should have pulled his battery."

O'Neill lifted two non-folded packets out of the box. "They have your name on them, sir." He handed them to General Hammond. Hammond looked at the packets of paper. "Field reports. The duplicate SG-1 team is reporting in."

"Okay, this is too weird," said O'Neill uncomfortably.

"I thought they were going to destroy the Stargate on their end," stated Hammond.

"They were supposed to." Daniel pursed his lips together as he looked at O'Neill accusingly.

"What? I had nothing to do with this," he referred to the Stargate and the metal box. He reached for another letter and opened it, reading it aloud, "Hi, Me, it's me."

"That must be you, sir." Carter flashed him a smile. O'Neill rolled his eyes. "Hope you and General Hammond appreciate the reports. At times it gets pretty tedious around here and I think of you." O'Neill was taken aback. It took a second for him to realize that the other him was taking a poke at him.

"Yeah, that sounds like you," quipped Daniel.

"Let's take the rest of these up to the briefing room," ordered Hammond.

Minutes later, they all sat down at the conference table. On their way up the stairs, Daniel and Carter were discussing their duplicates on Altair, who were actually synthetic androids with the same consciousness.

"I forgot how incredible the whole duplication idea was," exclaimed Daniel.

"It was a little discerning," said Carter. "I mean, it wasn't just like looking at a twin, but an alternate self. Who knew the things you knew and reacted at things exactly the way you would react."

"I know, it's strange and yet interesting as well."

"It's scary," announced O'Neill. "That there's other ones of us running around out there."

"Well, there not running around, Jack," said Daniel. "Remember, they can't go very far for very long without losing power. They have to stay close to the powersource."

"Yeah, whatever," grumbled O'Neill.

O'Neill looked inside the box and pulled out another letter. "Teal'c, old friend, you have fan mail." He handed Teal'c a letter from the synthetic Teal'c.

"I find it interesting to have an exact double," said Teal'c, taking the letter form O'Neill. "I have lived a long and interesting life, the other Teal'c has all of those memories to last him for thousands of years."

"A little self-absorbed are ya, Teal'c?" asked O'Neill. He shuttered at the knowledge of another him out there for thousands of years.

He took out the last letter. It was sealed. He read the heading aloud, "To Samantha Carter, private and confidential." He looked at her for an explanation. Carter merely shrugged. "It must be from my other self." She reached for the letter, but O'Neill held it back.

"Carter?" O'Neill's curiosity was stronger than that of a cat. Carter had no answer to his query. "I don't know, sir." She leaned over quickly and snatched the letter out of his hand. She re-read the heading herself, but did not open it.

"Well?" O'Neill was anything if not persistent.

"Well, it say's private, sir. I'd like to read it later." General Hammond nodded, allowing her to read it in private.

"And why would it say that?" O'Neill asked. Judging by the looks of everyone at the table, his question was on the minds of Daniel, Teal'c and even General Hammond as well. Carter shrugged again. She could not answer O'Neill's question. "How should I know."

"Because it's you."

"Well, the other Daniel's requests don't seem to be too out of the ordinary," said Daniel, saving Carter from receiving the third degree from O'Neill. "With your permission, general, I'd like to send a note back to tell them we'd try to gather as much of the items as soon as possible." Hammond hesitated. O'Neill as usual looked like he might protest, but Teal'c and Carter appeared to want to fulfill the requests as well. "Alright, send word back that we received their reports and lists and that we will get back to them in a couple days."

"Thank you, sir." Daniel stood and left the room.

O'Neill browsed over the list of things the other O'Neill wanted. Midway down the page he saw something that surprised him. He looked over at Carter, slightly shocked. Carter caught his look. "What is it, colonel?" O'Neill looked at her, looked around the table. "Nothing." He quickly folded his letter with a bit of secrecy.

Alone in her lab, Carter re-read the letter that the other Samantha Carter had sent her. She was in deep thought when Doctor Janet Fraiser knocked at her opened lab door.

"Hey, you ready for lunch?" Fraiser asked. Carter looked up from her letter, glanced at her watch. "Oh, sorry, Janet. I lost track of time." She stood, folded the letter she was reading and placed it in her pants pocket.

"What's this I heard about your synthetic doubles contacting the SGC?"

"Things are pretty dull on Altair," explained Carter, "so they all sent a sort of wish-list to us."

"And that makes you uncomfortable?"
"How did you know?"
"Come on, Sam. I've known you a long time. I can sense immediately when something is bothering you." She gave Carter a reassuring smile. "Come on. You can tell your friendly, neighborhood doctor." Carter shook her head. "You're not that kind of doctor." Fraiser shrugged. "I took a course in college." Carter smiled. "Oh yeah, one psyche class and you're an expert. Come on, let's go eat." She headed into the corridor. "I'll explain it to you over lunch."

In the commissary, Fraiser read Carter's letter. When she was finished, she folded it nicely and placed it on the table next to Carter's tray. Carter waited for her to say something, but Fraiser looked at her while in thought.

The letter wasn't simply a wish-list, like what the guys received. It wasn't a report like what General Hammond received. It was a letter, sort of intimate, like something shared between two sisters or two best friends. There was also a list of items desired, but it was very short. The letter's main content informed Carter on how her double was doing and some of what she and the others had been up to these past two years.

Finally, Fraiser said something about the letter. "Well, that was interesting." Carter had a plateful of food, but chewed nervously on a thumbnail.

"Yeah, but it's not like that," insisted Carter.

"For who? You or the other Samantha?"
Carter tried to avoid Fraiser's stare.
"Obviously it is like that for your double." Fraiser gave Carter a sympathetic look. "Honey, you and Colonel O'Neill have had feelings for each other that you have had to bury, to avoid, disregard, however you want to look at. You can't deny they're not there." She looked at the folded letter she just read. "Isn't what that Samantha feels and did exactly what you would do if you were in that type of situation?"

"I don't know, Janet. He's my supervising officer," said Carter. She shook her head, trying to deny the situation.

"I know he is. And the other Samantha knew that too. However, for them there's no need for a military structure of command anymore when you only have two airforce personnel and three civilians, and it'll just be them for all eternity." She gave Carter a compassionate smile. She patted at the letter. "Come on, let's finish lunch, take the rest of the day off and do what women do best...shop." It wasn't hard for Carter to force a smile at her friend, the only close female friend she had.

Up top, in the officer's parking lot, O'Neill, Teal'c and Daniel exited the service elevator.

"Alright, Daniel, you riding with us?," asked O'Neill.

"Uh, yeah, sure."
"I am riding shot-gun," announced Teal'c. He boasted a smile at Daniel.

"You rode up front last time," protested Daniel.

"Easy kids," said O'Neill. "You can take turns." Daniel suddenly realized he had acted like a child. He continued, "Could we stop for ice-cream?" Teal'c eyebrows raised. The idea of an ice-cream treat appealed to him.

"Just get in," said O'Neill.

In town, Carter and Fraiser were at a linen store within the large mall. They looked at comforters and sheet sets for the duplicate Samantha.

"If they never sleep, why do they need bed sheets?" As soon as Fraiser said that, she realized why. "Forget I said that."

"It not just for that, Janet," said Carter. Her cheeks blushing. "Samantha's obviously just trying to recreate a home, make her feel like the human she feels she is."

"Because that's what you would do?"
This time Carter's smile came naturally. And she thought to herself that it was exactly what she would do if she was stuck off-world somewhere. She too would try to build a home that looked like a home and make it as comfortable as possible. "Yeah, I suppose. Wouldn't you?"

"Yeah, I guess." Fraiser looked at several patterns when a thought occurred to her. "Do you think it's the same?"

"Is what the same?"
"Synthetic sex?"
Carter was incredulous at Fraiser's question. "Sh! Do you want someone to hear you?" They giggled and tried to stifle their laughter, but Fraiser just couldn't drop the subject.

"Well?"
Carter shook her head. "How should I know! Besides, you're the doctor." Fraiser shrugged. "Oh yeah, right. Like I'm supposed to know."

After getting the giggles out of their system, they settled on two different patterns and checked out with two sets of sheets and matching comforters that they picked out for the duplicate Samantha, and some sets for the guys as well, including the synthetic Altairean Harlan. From there, Carter and Fraiser made their way to a clothing boutique that Carter liked to shop at. They strolled around looking at a variety of clothes.

"This is weird," said Carter. "Everything I pick out for...Samantha, I want."

"So, take two of everything," replied Fraiser. She held a skirt to her own waist. "I might get this for myself." They exchanged smiles and a little bit of laughter. This was an excellent excuse for them to get out and spend some time together.

O'Neill stood at the photo machine. In his hand he held a large envelope with pictures in it. One was of Charlie in his little league baseball uniform, another of Charlie guarding a soccer goal, and a third of himself with Charlie holding up a fish. He made photo quality copies of each and then took out the next set of photos. They were of himself and SG-1. He and Teal'c, he and Daniel, Carter and Daniel, him and Carter and Teal'c. They were all taken during a backyard barbeque at his house.

Teal'c approached. "I have issues of all the magazines Jack O'Neill requested."

"Good, I guess I'll send him my old ones too." He finished making his copies. "How you doing on the other Teal'c's list?" Teal'c smiled as he held up a boxed set of DVDs of the Star Wars trilogy. O'Neill shook his head with a smile. "That should hold him."

"Where is Daniel Jackson?"
"Oh, the book store I think. He'll probably be there for a while."

The next day, everyone was back on base and preparing the items they purchased for their synthetic doubles. The three guys were in Daniel's lab. O'Neill was reading one of the current magazine issues he picked up for the other Jack, while Teal'c was finding it difficult to part with the Star Wars DVDs.

Daniel glanced in one of the boxes that Teal'c and O'Neill had been preparing for their duplicates. There was a DVD player along with several DVD movies and music CD's. Fishing and other sport magazines, for Jack no doubt, Daniel thought. Then something odd caught his eye. He reached in to one of the boxes and pulled out a woman's black, laced teddy.

"Um, what's this?"
O'Neill acted innocent. "Must be for the other Teal'c." Teal'c shifted in his chair. "I had no such item on my list."

It wasn't hard to figure out who the teddy would have been for, but Daniel still waited to hear the truth.

"Alright," said O'Neill finally. He couldn't stand Daniel's imploring stare any longer. He took the teddy from him and started placing it back in the box. "I wanted it." Daniel's eyebrows rose. He and Teal'c looked questionably at O'Neill.

"Well, not me, me," explained O'Neill. "The other me."

"I see," said Daniel.
"It's for Carter," O'Neill further tried to explain. "The other Carter. Samantha."

"Really?" Daniel's curiosity was beginning to rise.

"He likes her," said O'Neill.
"Likes who?" Carter said as she walked in Daniel's office, surprising the guys.

"Who, who?" said Daniel. Suddenly acting like a child being questioned on stealing cookies.

"Who? What?" asked O'Neill. He tried to act nonchalant. He buried the teddy underneath several items in the box so that Carter wouldn't see it.

"You said, 'he likes her'." Carter said.

"No, I didn't," replied O'Neill innocently.

"I believe you did, O'Neill," said Teal'c.

O'Neill grinded his teeth. When will Teal'c ever catch onto things? he thought. O'Neill had to think quickly. He glanced at the magazine he was reading. The baseball player he was reading an article about was named Davis. "Oh, um, Davis. Yeah, Major Davis, you know, the last time he was here he mentioned he liked...," quick, he had to think quickly again, "...Janet."

Carter reacted with surprise, though she wasn't completely sure he was telling the truth.

"Yeah, he was just a little concerned on whether he should ask her out to dinner the next time he stopped by," continued O'Neill. Daniel looked incredulous at O'Neill as he told such a bold lie. Carter smiled. "Well, I should let Janet know."

"No!" O'Neill looked at Daniel for a little help.

"It's suppose to be a secret," said Daniel.

"Exactly!" said O'Neill.
"Okay," replied Carter. She still was not sure they were telling the truth. "I just came down to see if you completed shopping for the other guys?"

"Almost," said O'Neill. His answer was too quick. Carter knew he, perhaps they, were up to something. "Okay, good."

"Bye." O'Neill flashed her a smile that said all too well that he was up to something. Carter took the hint. "Okay." She turned and headed for the door, she smiled curiously as she looked back over her shoulder. Teal'c was his usual stoic self. He always wore a poker face. O'Neill and Daniel on the other hand were easy to read, especially when they both smiled and waved at her as she was leaving.

Later that day, an all-terrain rover sat at the base of the Stargate ramp with a second one behind it. The chevrons were locking in the destination of Altair. There were boxes of all sorts of items for the duplicate SG-1 team. Books, movies, plants for Carter, a fish tank and live goldfish for O'Neill, a television, a game station and game cartridges, clothing and many other items.

Colonel O'Neill came running into the gate room with a photo album, camera and box of film cartridges. "Wait!"

"Jack, what's all this?" Daniel asked, looking at the items in his arms.

"Just a few things I thought I'd send to our other selves." Daniel took the photo album out of Jack's hands. He and Carter looked at a couple of pages of recently taken Polaroids of the SGC personnel. Sergeant Siler, Fraiser, Sgt. Davis, and others.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, sir?" Carter asked. "I mean, in one sense, they are us. I would think it would make them homesick."

"It is a little strange sending them pictures of people we see everyday, but they'll never see again," added Daniel.

"I just thought it would be nice," said O'Neill. "Come on, get together. Let's take some group pictures."

They each took turns taking pictures so that each would be in a few. O'Neill and Daniel easily hammed it up, fighting for dominancy in front of the camera. O'Neill got one of the gate room assistants to snap a few for group shots. When the Polaroids were developed, they placed them in the photo album. O'Neill placed the camera back in its box along with the extra film cartridges.

"You're sending the camera to them?" Carter asked.

"Sure, why not. It'll living things up a bit."

"Is that everything, O'Neill?" asked Teal'c. O'Neill looked at the two rovers packed and secured with packages. "I think so."

"Well, I hope the other me likes the books I sent," said Daniel.

"I'm sure he will," replied Carter. "I'm sure the others will all like the other books you sent too."

"They better," said O'Neill, slightly disgruntled. "I for one spent a lot of money." Carter flashed him a smile. "They'll appreciate everything, sir. I'm sure." As the first rover moved up the ramp into the wormhole to Altair, O'Neill stepped over to Carter's side. "You know, major, you never told us what was in the letter you received."

"No, sir," she replied simply before turning and walking away.

O'Neill was troubled only momentarily. Carter's reply was a typical Carterism. He watched her leave the gate room and then he watched the second rover disappear into the wormhole. With the items sent and the wormhole now deactivated, O'Neill felt he should track down Carter.

"Carter!" he ran after her, catching her as she waited at the elevator.

"Sir?"
He caught up with her and got her attention, but now he couldn't think of what he wanted to say to her? "Nothing." He shrugged and stepped in the elevator first. "You hungry?" Carter followed him inside. She nodded. "A little." It was obvious that O'Neill wanted to pry out information from her about the secretive letter without trying to seem like he was prying. Carter, however, gave him no indication that she was going to let him in on what was so "private and confidential." Though she was smiling to herself, knowing how much Colonel O'Neill hated being left out of anything.

In the commissary, O'Neill and Carter finished their dinner. O'Neill looked at his watch. "Well, I guess I'll be going home now."

"I'm going to stop in and see Janet before I leave." O'Neill played with his fork and whatever meal remnants were left on his plate. He didn't seem like he was ready to leave. Carter sat there and watched him for a moment.

"You know, that other Jack, he asked me to buy a few items...out of the ordinary." Carter was puzzled. "Like what?"
O'Neill didn't really want to say. Suddenly he wanted to change his mind on bringing up the subject. "Oh, I don't know."

Carter laughed to herself. Then she remembered the other Samantha's letter and the information it had about her and the other Jack O'Neill. Carter realized that she never saw the list from the other Jack. She looked at O'Neill and wondered, wondered if he knew something about the duplicate Samantha and Jack as well.

"Colonel, is there something on your mind? Something you want to talk about?"

"No," he said innocently.
Typical O'Neill, Carter thought. His response was too quick. It usually meant he was hiding something. "Well, I'm going to go and see Janet then. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, have a good night."
"You too, sir."

She left and he sat there by himself. He wondered about the other Jack and Samantha. The other Jack didn't say much, just that he wanted to give Sam a few things, intimate things. He wondered what Carter knew. If the other Samantha had said something to Carter in her letter and that's why it was so private.

The next morning, the gate began dialing for an incoming wormhole. Sergeant Davis immediately contacted General Hammond. "It's another SG-1 signal, sir."

"I'll be right there," said Hammond into the phone receiver. He replaced the phone in it's cradle, thought for a moment and then picked up the phone again. "Get SG-1 to the gate room."

The iris opened and an off-world wormhole was active. SG-1, with a few armed airmen, waited in the gate room as General Hammond watched from the control room above. A rover exited the wormhole and made its way down the ramp. Seconds later, the second rover that SG-1 sent the day before to Altair appeared. The first one was empty, but the second one contained a small metal box.

"Looks like it's from our pen-pal selves," said O'Neill. He climbed the ramp and removed the box from the second rover. As he moved back down the ramp, O'Neill opened the box.

"What is it, sir?" Carter asked.
"Pictures." He held out a handful of Polaroids. "Guess they liked the camera and sent back some pictures."

O'Neill looked at a picture of his duplicate self. "I look good in pictures," he said with some conceit. He showed Daniel, who simply rolled his eyes.

"Here's a group shot," Daniel said. It was of the four SG-1 duplicates. He noticed Jack and Sam in the picture. "Interesting." He handed it to O'Neill. Carter looked at it with him.

In the photo, the duplicate Teal'c stood on the left end, Daniel in the middle next to him. Next to Daniel was Samantha and then Jack on the right end. Both Jack's arms were around Carter's waist in an intimate embrace. The duplicate Samantha had her head leaning into Jack's shoulder and he had his cheek pressed against the back of her head. O'Neill glanced at Carter awkwardly.

"O'Neill," said Teal'c. "Here is a nice one of you and Major Carter."

"Duplicate me and Carter," reminded O'Neill. He took the picture from Teal'c and looked at it. Again he and Carter looked at each other with an awkward glance. The picture showed the other Jack and Samantha facing each other in a loving embrace and smiling for the camera.

"Okay, this is too weird," said O'Neill. He let Carter take the picture. She too felt a little uncomfortable and seeing her duplicate self and Jack O'Neill in such a romantic pose.

"Hey, there's a note," said Daniel. He unfolded it and began to read, "Hi, all. Thanks for all the toys. I guess this is goodbye. As promised from before, we'll be deactivating the gate. If we get bored in say, fifty years, maybe we'll drop you all another line. Jack if you're not going to be around, will you leave your fishing poles to me? Have fun kids, Jack."

"I'm going to be around," said O'Neill boyishly, as if he truly felt he would. Carter simply smiled at the thought. She returned her attention to the photo she held of her duplicate self and the duplicate Jack. They're isolationism allowed them to express their feelings for each other out in the open. Something she and the real Jack O'Neill didn't have the opportunity to do. She smiled at the picture. And as odd as it was knowing there's a duplicate of herself and the others, she was happy for the other Samantha. She wished them well.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to ShebaMaru