Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Your Arms Again

by Shazstar
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
In Your Arms Again

by Shazstar

TITLE: In Your Arms Again
Author: Shazstar
Email: shazstar@sg1fans.net
Category: Angst, AU, Drama, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Song/Filk
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Upgrades
Season: 4
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: character death
Status: Completed
Summary: Sometimes life and love can compromise.
Author's notes: This is my first fic, and quite honestly it is NOTHING like all my other unfinished ones. I heard the song and wrote the fic...Go figure! Anyway I hope you like it, the song isn't well known, however the lyrics are strong and draw you in to the story. Thankyou very much to Shelby, Squire and Jackers of AScifi for encouraging me to archive this.

I will meet you some place
Where the light lends itself to soft repose
I will let you undress me,
But I warn you I have thorns like any rose,
You could hurt me, using your bare hands,
You could hurt me using the sharp end of what you say
But I am lost to you now,
There's no amount of reason to save me

His footsteps echoed painfully through the corridors. Each step taken, slamming the dark silence into oblivion. Each step, laced with lead, as though cruelly weighing the heaviness of his heart.

"Jack!"

Daniel turned the corner to see his friend walking in the other direction. His own heart ached for the man's pain, for he knew what must be present in the man's mind. His own sorrow was evident on his face as he approached the still Colonel.

"Jack, for what it's worth....I'm sorry."

Daniel held his breath as the volatile lead feet turned in his direction. As Jack's bowed head raised, raw emotion seemed to hover between them, utterly exposed.

"Why... Daniel? Why her?" he said, voice breaking, memories flooding back to him.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know. And, I don't understand it either. But...she's in a better place Jack. You have to believe that."

"Yeah." His smile clearly wore the regrets, and it was then that Daniel realised that for what had brought him to this moment, could just as easily take him away. And then, he understood.

"Goodnight Daniel."

"Goodnight Jack."

So break me,
Take me
Just let me fill your arms again
Break me,
Take me
Just let me feel your love again,

As the elevator rose with tenuous patience up to the surface, his mind was alive. Living a moment over and over again. His own memories taunting him, keeping it real, not allowing him to pretend it was all a dream.

"Sir, there's no time!"

He was beating at the damn panel, he had to break it...come on, come on!

"Sir!"

"I know, I know!!"

"Sir, just go!"

"NO!"

He'd screamed at her. Every last ounce of his energy, his soul and his very being had gone into that denial, that vehement flat out refusal, and it was then he'd known.

She had looked at him, and her pleading face exposed every emotion he knew he was feeling and even those he didn't know. He was drowning in the realisation of their mutual love, and he was dying in the realisation of what was to come.

Feels like being underwater,
Now that I've let go and lost control,
Water kisses fill my mouth,
Water fills my soul

The Jaffa had marched around the corner, and she'd looked back at him, as that staff weapon blast ringed through the air, a thousand times louder than the blast from the C4 at the same instant. As she fell, he'd yelled her name, never to hear her answer, and only know from the look in her eyes that she felt the same way.

So break me,
Take me,
Just let me feel your arms again,
Break me,
I'll let you make me,
Just let me fill your arms again

There was no time for sorrow, no time for him to kneel over her body and say goodbye, and to grieve over a love he'd never had, but now was lost. He picked her up and ran, faster than any alien technology could allow. And as he ran for the gate, he allowed the tears to fall, washing away the remnants of a dream, once only held back by time and regulations, and now by life itself.

Kiss me once,
Well maybe twice,
Oh it never felt so nice

They ran for the gate, and once again, dived through to a hard but safe ramp in the gateroom, a lucky escape, and a victorious result, but this time, the luck was divided in three. He saw the tears of Dr Fraiser, and the shock of Daniel, and the respect and sorrow from Teal and the General. He saw the disbelief on the faces of all the SF's, disbelief in the mortality of the famous SG1 and he watched as they took her away from him. He looked into the face of the General, and wordlessly accepted his regret and condolences. And as he walked away then, and as he walks away now, he only asks her to take him with her.

So break me,
Take me,
Just let me feel your arms again,
Break me,
I'll let you make me,
Just let me fill your arms again.

As the stars stared down upon Earth that night, two souls joined as one and stepped though the Stargate to a world not yet explored, ready to embark on a journey of love lasting eternity. For regs, time and life no longer held them down.

Just let me fill your arms again.....

(Break Me - Jewel).

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Shazstar