Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

As Opposed to. . .2010, Part 1

by Shawn and Sarah
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As apposed to...2010, Part 1

As apposed to...2010, Part 1

by Shawn and Sarah

TITLE: As apposed to...2010, Part 1
AUTHOR: Shawn and Sarah
EMAIL: ssfanfic@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Series, Future story
PAIRING: Daniel/Janet
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: future; kind of a sequel to 2010
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: What would happen in 2010 now, since they changed the future path?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Please read and e-mail us each and every thought, and be on the lookout for part 2. hope you like our story.

Shawn and Sarah

"I just don't see why you have to be so damn stubborn."

"I'm not stubborn, haven't you ever heard of a stiff-upper-lip?" Jack replied.

"Exactly, thats what I'm saying,"

"Why are you agreeing with me, we are arguing here."

"Yeah, but once again, you are using phrases you don't understand." she snapped back.

"Hey, you are WAY out of line major, and I will not tolerate this sort of insubordination!"

"Excuse me?! We are not in the military any more."

"So what, your own husband doesn't deserve ..."

(Ring ring)

"Oh, Jack, can you get it, if I quit now, my hair will go flat.

"Sure," he answered as he slipped on the head-set. "Talk to me."

"Hey Jack,"

"Hey... you!"

"It's me, Janet"

"Oh, hey, how you doin'? Long time no see."

"Long time no see? That is so ten years ago."

"So, how is the kid?"

"Wylie, she is doing great, how about Sam?"

"Sams good, but I was talking about Daniel." He said smirkishly, "So, how's work at the mayonnaise clinic?"

As Jack walked towards the balcony door he heard Sam say sweetly, with a touch of sarcasm, "It's Mayo Clinic dear, and let me talk to Janet."

"Fine... here" He said and he handed her the set.

Janet walked down the stairs to the finished basement were she could hear her husband mumbling to himself the words he was reading.

"Daniel, I just got off the phone with Jack and Sam, they are going to be in Tuesday evening. So, can you call and get plans for dinner somewhere nice, kinda fancy?"

"Sure Janet, like where?" he asked.

"Um, you know that Italian place I like so well, that I can't pronounce,"

"Oh, ugh, F. Illi Ponte Ristorante@? The place with the water front dinning?"

"Yeah, that one get us a time there. And, I'm going to have mom watch Wylie, so we only need four seats, all right?" asked Janet as she walked over to her husband to lay her head over his shoulder.

"O.K. I'll give em' a call, anything else you need done while I'm thinking about it?"

"Nope, that's it. How is your book coming?"

"Well I am still having trouble trying to make this description make sense, I read it just fine, it just seems to be lacking something."

"Can I read it, maybe that will help."

"Yeah, here I'm wanting to know does this whole paragraph sound right, or should it be redone?" he asked as he turned the computer towards here.

"Well, I have to say, I don't think I quite understand the whole thought, but it all sounds write."

"O.K. Maybe Sam will catch it. When does their plane come in?"

"Around 4:55, if weather stays as predicted."

"All right, yeah, I'll call and get reservations,"

"Thanks, I'm going to go get caught up on my research report, if you need me I'll be in the study, and Wylie, is in the back yard with Kelly."

"All right Jan, I'll be up in a little bit, I just want to finish up this chapter." And with those words, the conversation ended.

"All I'm saying is she's almost three and she's not even potty trained yet," Daniel argued.

"Look, I don't want to have this discussions any more today, why don't you go get us some coffee, and I'll go change her diaper." Janet said hoping to end the endless argument. "How's that sound?"

"Bien" he answered knowing how she hated it when he spoke to her in a foriegn language. "Como de que cafe' quires?"

"What?!"

"Thats Spanish for, 'Fine, what kinda coffee do you want?' "

"A double Milky Way!" she answered. He could tell she was annoyed.

(Bing)

"Attention, all parties awaiting flight 253 from chicago, the plane is now in sight and should be unloading in about five minutes." came the flight announcer's pleasant voice.

"All right, you go change her quick, I'll grab our drinks, and we'll meet back here at the gate." Daniel spoke quickly, " hasta luego, senorita." With those last words he turned and jogged towards the Airport's StarBucks Cafe'.

"So, Jack what have you been up to lately?" asked Daniel, as the waiter walked off after setting down the bottle of whine.

"Well, actually, Daniel, I was able to get a heafty loan from the Government... they owed me one... any ways so we broke ground on my new golf course last week."

"Wow, what is it going to be called Jack?" asked the surprised Mrs. Jackson.

"Well, guess."

"Um, O'niel's Golf Course, I don't know, just tell us." Daniel replied.

"All right, fine, Its going to be called... prepair yourselves, are you ready?"

"Yes!" both Daniel and Janet quietly shouted.

"Geeze, fine, 'Sierra Gulf Champion Golf Course'. What do you think?"

"hmm, that sounds familiar." Janet said as she glanced at Daniel.

"Excuse me, Mr. Jackson, you have a phone call, they say its urgent." quietly spoke the Host.

"I'll be right back guys." Daniel said as he got up and exited the lounge.

"Hello, this is Daniel Jackson" he said holding the phone loosely.

"Yes, Dr. Jackson, this is General Keller, from the S.G.C..."

All eyes were fixed on a confused Daniel Jackson as he sat down. "Who was it Danny?" Jack asked.

"You guys aren't going to believe this, but..."

To Be Continued...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Shawn and Sarah