Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

My Valentine, My Prince, My Soulmate.

by Shauna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
My Valentine, My Prince, My Soulmate.

My Valentine, My Prince, My Soulmate.

by Shauna

Title: My Valentine, My Prince, My Soulmate.
Author: Shauna
Email: shaunarafferty@hotmail.com
Category: Romance
Episode related: 105 First Commandment, 503 Ascension, 509 Between Two Fires
Holiday: Valentine
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: It's Valentines Day and Sam isn't feeling very loved, until someone makes her feel better.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Samantha Carter was in a deep sleep when her radio alarm clock came on, she rolled over onto her back and opened her eyes,

" Good morning Colorado Springs, it is seven o'clock in the morning on February 14th and everybody knows what that means :- Yes that's right it's Valentine's Day!!"

As soon as Sam heard those two words she groaned and put a pillow over her head trying to drown out the DJ's voice. She hated Valentine's Day, it was the one day of the year that everyone should have somebody to love and she didn't. The one person she wanted was unavailable and she couldn't love anyone else but him.

After a few minutes of thinking, Sam got up and headed for the shower. She let the warm water slip down her body and take away all the worries, once she got out of the shower she didn't feel much better. When she looked at her watch she realised she was running late for her briefing, so she quickly got dressed and left her house.

As she entered the Cheyenne Mountain complex she was greeted by the guards before she made her way to the elevator and down till she reached the right level and then to the briefing room. There was no-one in the room when she entered, she was always early for briefings even when she left the house late ` maybe I'm pathetic' she thought to herself, she arranged her notes and papers so she knew what she had to say during the briefing.

"Hey Sam," she turned sharply to see Daniel walking up the stairs,

"Hi," she replied quietly

"How are you?"

"Good," Daniel frowned, something was wrong, Sam wasn't her normal cheery self.

"You sure you're OK?" Before Sam had a chance to answer Jack, Teal'c and General Hammond came into the room

"Good morning campers," Jack said happily

"Good morning Sir,"

"Morning Jack" Both Sam and Daniel said at the same time,

"OK, let's get this briefing underway shall we?"

The briefing was over quickly, Sam kept her participation down to a minimum and Jack noticed this. He got the distinct feeling that something was bothering his Major. When Hammond said "Dismissed!" Sam didn't move and neither did Jack, he sat staring at her until she finally looked up and noticed his deep brown eyes on her,

"What?" Sam asked

"Nothing.... yeah actually there is something."

"What?"

"You seem distracted?"

"I'm fine sir." Sam got up and began to gather up her papers. Jack got up too and walked around the table to the side of Sam and took her hand, she stopped what she was doing and looked at him,

"You know I'm always here if you need me- as a friend."

"I know, thank you sir," she took her hand from his and walked out of the room. Jack stood staring in the direction that she left before sighing and leaving to change for the mission.

SG-1 stood on the base of the ramp waiting for the Stargate to activate. Daniel stood beside Teal'c trying to explain the importance of the ruins that they had seen on the UAV's recording. Sam hadn't said a word since the briefing and Jack was beginning to get very worried, as the gate dialled he looked over at her with a worried glance. Sam didn't want to look back to him, she didn't want to have to smile falsely and tell him she was fine. The gate activated and the four members stepped through the shining blue effect of the wormhole. On the other side they were greeted by a sunny, cloudless sky, lots of trees and sound of birds singing.

"Ah trees, my favourite." Jack said looking over at Sam, usually his sarcastic comments would make her smile but not this time, this time Sam just looked around her, checking for danger. Jack shook his head and thought, "What is wrong with her today?" He would find out sooner or later.

Daniel walked down the steps of the gate and headed in the direction of the ruins, it would take several hours to get to them which meant they would probably have to camp out during the night. The long walk to the ruins was mostly in silence except for Daniel trying to spark a conversation with each member of the team. Sam only smiled at him when he talked to her, Jack wasn't even listening, he was too busy trying to figure out what was wrong with Sam but Daniel managed to at least get Teal'c to listen even if her didn't talk back much.

Each member of the team was extremely tired when they finally reached the ruins, even though Daniel was exhausted he got a new rush of adrenaline when he saw what he'd been dying to see all day. He ran off to study the ruins, Teal'c went with him to make sure he didn't get into trouble, Sam went to take some soil samples while Jack secured the area.

Soon nightfall came and SG-1 gathered around a campfire eating their rations as Daniel talked of his discoveries. Neither Sam nor Jack were listening to him, Sam sat staring into the orange glow of the fire while Jack stared at her again. All of a sudden Sam got up off the ground and said,

"I'm going for a walk, I'll be back soon," she began to walk off leaving Jack to watch her go.

"Why don't you go and see what's wrong with her?" Jack came out of his trance to see Daniel looking at him,

"What would I say?"

"Don't say anything just listen," Jack thought for a minute before rising from his seat on the ground and following Sam.

He searched for her for a while before seeing her sitting on the edge of a lake doing nothing but look out at the water with her legs tucked under her chin. Jack stood glued to the spot for a few minutes, wondering whether he should leave her on her own, to deal with what ever was happening to her in her own way or whether he should try to help her. Finally he decided he needed to help her, he slowing walked towards her and sat down beside her. Sam didn't even acknowledge his presence, she just kept staring across the lake.

"It's beautiful out here isn't it?" Sam said breaking the silence,

"Yes it is," he replied. Jack didn't want to force her to talk about her problems, she would tell him in her own time.

"It reminds me of my summers, when my Mom was around. My Dad would take us to his cabin, we would go fishing, hiking and toast marshmallows. One time I was sitting on the edge of the lake like here, thinking about life because I'd just broken up from my boyfriend. My Mom came up and sat beside me, she told me that there would be tragedy throughout my life but that one day my Prince would come and make it all disappear. But do you know what I realised this morning?"

"What?"

"That my Prince is never coming. I listened to a DJ this morning telling his listeners about Valentine's Day- the one day of the year everyone should have someone- their Prince and I don't and never will. I've loved exactly two people in my life, one turned out to be an insane wacko who thought he was a God."

"And the other?"

"The other? The other is off limits because if I was to have a relationship with him, we would both be court-marshalled and kicked out of the jobs that we love." For the first time since he sat down, Sam looked straight at him tears filling her eyes.

"And the men that have had the slightest interest in me. Well let's see.... Martouf- I had to kill. Narim- doomed his own people to save mine. Orlin- sacrificed himself to save me."

"Well did you ever think about it this way?" Sam looked at him wondering what he meant. "Maybe you're something worth dying for." Sam smiled at him as he linked his hand with hers.

"Yeah or maybe I'm cursed."

"Sam you're not cursed. We've all had our problems look at me :- Sara, Kynthia, Lara? Need I go on? Sam, there isn't a man on any planet who couldn't fall for you, you're smart, beautiful, funny, kind and just being around you makes people feel better." Sam smiled and blushed at Jack's statement.

"Thanks, but that doesn't make me feel much better."

"Maybe this will." Jack began to feel around his pocket before he took out a small box. "I've been wrestling with myself as to whether I should give this to you but now seems like a perfect time." Jack opened the box to reveal a necklace with a heart pendant on the end. Jack took it out of the box and showed it to her.

"This is my heart and I'm giving it to you. Happy Valentine's Day Sam."

"Jack, I can't accept this,"

"Sam, I've just listened to you talking about not being loved and not having a Prince, well I love you and I want to be your Prince." Sam felt a tear fall down her face as Jack helped her put on the necklace, he got so close that she could feel his breath on her neck as he leaned back he didn't lean fully and his face was inches from Sam's,

"I haven't got anything to give you," Jack put his hand on Sam's cheek and said,

"All I want is you." Slowly they both leaned towards each other and their lips met. At first the kiss was sweet and gentle but as the seconds past the kiss grew more passionate, until finally out of lack of air they had to break the kiss. Jack opened his eyes and looked directly into Sam's beautiful blue one's,

"Wow," he said quietly, Sam smiled back and said

"Yeah,"

"I've wanted to do that for a long time."

"Then why didn't you?"

"I have no idea because that was fantastic," Sam gave Jack one of her beaming smiles before saying,

"Mmm it was," Jack leaned in and kissed her again. This time he wrapped his arms around her, putting one of his hands on the back of his head, entangling his fingers in her silky soft hair as he lowered her to the ground.

The morning came quickly, Jack and Sam were woken by the brightness of the sun beaming down on them. They hadn't made love, they had just kissed, caressed and mesmerised each other's faces and feelings. Sam had felt more alive in that one night than in her whole life. Jack woke up to feel a weight on his chest, he looked down and saw Sam lying on it, he knew she was awake but they just lay there. After a few minutes Sam lifted her head up and looked a Jack,

"Hey," she said

"Hey beautiful," he replied, Sam smiled at the compliment

"We should get back to camp, Teal'c and Daniel will be wondering where we are."

"Yeah OK," Jack groaned as Sam sat up and picked off all the grass in her hair, Jack lay with his hands behind his head. When Sam's hair was free of grass, she lay beside Jack propped up on her elbow. Jack smiled up at Sam as she began to run her hands through his hair removing all the grass from his hair too.

Once Sam had finished playing with Jack's hair, they both stood up and brushed each other down. Even though they were both clean of grass they kept touching. Jack moved his hands from Sam's waist, up her arms, on to her shoulders and into her hair. He leaned Sam in towards him and kissed her passionately. Sam kissed back, keeping her hands on the small of his back, as the kiss deepened.

The walk back to Daniel and Teal's was lovely. The couple walked hand in hand, talking the whole way back about what they were going to do when they got back to the SGC. Last night they had admitted their feelings for each other and they never wanted to lose that feeling. Jack suggested retirement, Sam shouted at him for even thinking about retiring. Sam suggested becoming a civilian scientist and Jack shouted at her. They both shouted at each other, they shouter louder and got closer together. Before they knew it, they were kissing, hands roamed each others faces, hair and backs. When the kiss finished, Jack hugged Sam tightly and told her everything would be alright and that he loved her,

"I love you too," Sam replied.

Daniel was working on a translation when he saw Jack and Sam coming towards him. Jack had his arm around Sam's waist as did she. He stood staring at them as they got closer to him until they stood in front of him.

"Well, well. Look who it is?"

"Hi Danny Boy," Jack said

"It's about time! We didn't know how long you two were going to deny your feelings."

"We?"

"Oh yeah. Me, Teal'c, Janet, Jacob and General Hammond."

"General Hammond knows?" Jack said looking worried at the idea of being court-marshalled.

"Oh yeah, he's known for ages, likes it's not obvious to everyone, the looks, the smiles, the endless flirting," Jack and Sam laughed and held each other tighter.

"Hammond even went to the President to plead your case," they both looked straight at Daniel, wide eyed.

"And?" Jack said

"And he got the President to make an exception to the rule for you two." Daniel smiled as he watched the faces of his two best friends light up. Suddenly Jack put his hands around Sam's hips, lifted her up and spun her around. Slowly he brought her back down and kissed her passionately. Daniel stood and watched even though he was happy for his friends, he couldn't help but think of Shar'ee. Jack and Sam's love reminded him of his won with his wife but he hoped that they would have a better ending.

"Congratulations, I'm happy for the both of you."

"Daniel, why didn't you tell us before?"

"What's the fun in that?" they both smiled

"Thanks Daniel. So how long before we leave," Jack asked

"Couple of hours. I just have to get all this information on tape," Daniel held up his camera

"OK, well I think we'll go for a walk. Radio us when you're done."

"OK, see you later,"

"Bye," Sam and Jack said in unison, they walked off hand in hand.

Three hours later Daniel radioed that he was finished and that he and Teal'c were waiting. Sam and Jack hadn't gone far, they had walked back to the lake. Sam had sat between Jack's legs, with his arms snakes around her waist. They sat and talked, they shared their inner most feelings. Jack told her about Charlie and Sam told him about her mother. Afterwards, both felt as if a weight had been lifted off their shoulders, they had never shared their feelings on those matters with anyone but now they felt closer than ever before.

As they reached the Stargate, Daniel began dialling, Teal'c stood beside him still watching for signs of danger. Jack and Sam stood together watching the Stargate open, Sam took out her GDO and sent the signal. All four members of SG1 walked up the ramp both Daniel and Teal'c stepped through the gate at the same time leaving Jack and Sam alone. They turned towards each other, looking deeply into each other's eyes and smiled,

"So where do we go from here?" Sam asked

"I don't know. I suppose we go home, we get on with our lives and we love each other,"

"Sounds like a good plan," Jack smiled, he lifted his hand up, cupped her face gently and kissed her passionately yet softly.

"So how was your Valentine's Day?" Jack asked

"The best ever,"

"Good. Shall we go?"

"Yeah but first let me tell you that I love you, my Prince."

"I love you too Sam. Happy Valentine's Day, my Princess." Sam smiled and they kissed again before walking hand in hand through the Stargate.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Shauna