Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Insights by Urgo

by Audrey Lynne
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
Mention of nakedness, that's all, so it's clean ;) And, yes, I know I'm hardly the first to come up with the J. Jackson realization, but I hope it isn't too old for ya. :)
Insights by Urgo

Insights by Urgo

by Audrey Lynne

Summary: What DID Urgo say, anyhow? Sam reflects on Urgo's comment about Janet
Category: Humor, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Romance
Episode Related: 316 Urgo
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Daniel/Sha're
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Author's Notes: Mention of nakedness, that's all, so it's clean ;) And, yes, I know I'm hardly the first to come up with the J. Jackson realization, but I hope it isn't too old for ya. :)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/09/06

Insight by Urgo by Audrey Lynne WolfLynnekk@aol.com
Summary: What did Urgo say?
I cannot believe I just said that. I cannot believe that I, Samantha Carter, a major in the United States Air Force, and holder of a PhD in astrophysics, just told my best friend "He's over there." The words themselves are innocent enough, but when you consider that I'm telling her to redirect her attention to a portly little man only I can see--well, I and the rest of my team, but that's about it. All Janet sees is an empty space, as does General Hammond.
Fortunately, we've been dealing with Urgo long enough that, though I'm sure they do have their doubts about our sanity, both Janet and the general have seemed to accept his presence. Janet humors me by turning to the place I indicated and is kind enough to explain to Urgo, very patiently, that Major Carter has work to do and he's distracting her. Oh, boy is he distracting her--me. Geez, I've started to think of myself in the third person. This is frightening.
Urgo listens to Janet's words, a thoughtful expression on his face. He turns to me. "So this is the one that Daniel wants to see naked, right?"
My jaw drops. Forget what I can't believe -I- said; I don't believe -he- said that! "Urgo, that is -rude-!"
Janet suddenly looks suspicious. "What did he say?"
I bow out of the situation before I have to explain; there's just no good way to do it. Urgo, naturally, follows. God, he's like that damned toy, those My Buddy dolls they used to advertise--don't ask, my nephew wanted one when he was two and I had to move heaven and earth to find it in time for Christmas. I still remember the commercial: "Wherever I go, he follows me." Sure, it sounds cute, but unless the "he" in question is an oversized doll you're toting around in your little red wagon, the whole concept gets real old real fast.
"But she is the one, isn't she?" Urgo calls as he hurries to keep up with me.
"That's none of your business," I hiss, trying not to attract too many stares.
"Sure it is. I'm in your heads. And it was -all over- Daniel's surface thoughts, back when we were with her before, in your infirmary. He was thinking about how she'd seen him naked and he hopes one day he'll get to--"
Now, I know Daniel's got a bit of a weakness for Janet--hell, he's under her care often enough. And I know Janet feels the same; she's been smitten with him for a long time, pretty much since we had that whole encounter with the Touched and they had to work together. He was focused on finding Sha're, though, and she knew he wasn't going to be interested in a relationship. Except now, Sha're's dead and Daniel's had just enough time that he's starting to come out of his shell, the protective one he built around himself while he grieved. He'll always mourn her loss, of course, but he's starting to accept that there's life beyond losing her. In reality, he lost Sha're as soon as the Goa'uld took her and I think he's come to realize that since she died.
Janet would be good for him. They both adore Cassie, which is always an important place to start, but they've got a lot more in common than a little girl and their antihistamine prescriptions. They've both seen a lot in their life and they're both a lot more sensitive than either of them would like to admit. Janet, like Daniel, puts up an incredible faade when she needs to, but she feels things deeply. It's part of what makes her such a great doctor.
"I have no idea why you humans are so prudish about your bodies." Urgo interrupts my train of thought, which is just as well at this point, because I'm not playing matchmaker. Time will do that, I'm sure--and if it doesn't, well, I've got an ace-in-the-hole. Her name's Cassandra Fraiser. Cassie is a hopeless romantic...and she's hinted to me she wouldn't mind having Daniel as a stepfather. I told her not to get too ahead of herself, but you know preteen girls. First comes love, then comes marriage, then--oh, God, if Janet ever marries Daniel, she'd almost have to keep her last name, because--
Urgo, as is his habit, interrupts once more. "Who's Janet Jackson?"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Audrey Lynne