Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I spy!

by Seesaw
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I spy!

By Seesaw

DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This was written for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the author.

Authors Notes: So this is a short one, but what you gonna do I'm lazy and easily distracted. Want a follow on let me know. Big thanks as always to my beta K.B.

"Carter, you awake?"

She was faced with two options: to ignore or to acknowledge.

"Ok Carter I KNOW you're awake."

Damn him anyway now she had to drop one of her choices. She turned her head to look at him but didn't lift it from her knees that were drawn up to her chest. All four of SG-1 was currently huddled in a tent. It was pitch black outside as a storm raged all about them. Luckily they had set up camp in a sheltered area; they now shared the same tent in an attempt to ward off the ice-cold air. This meant that she was wedged between the Colonel and Teal'c with Jonas snoring gently as he leaned at her back. Teal'c too seemed to be either asleep or meditation. The Colonel however had been fidgeting for the past forty-five minuets as sleep apparently eluded him.

"Yes sir."

She saw a boyish grin break over his face and began to feel suspicious as she noticed a twinkle in his eye.

"You can't sleep either, huh?"

He was definitely up to something.

"Not the most comfortable place to fall asleep sir."

His grin widened.

"But at least you have me for company, right!"

She couldn't help but smile at his boyish charm. Damn him for that too!

"No, sir."

"You wanna play `I spy'?"

She raised an eyebrow at that. He was kidding right? Her only view was the thin grey material lining the inside of the tent and looked back at him. He was waiting for her answer. He really wasn't kidding.

"Pretty short game don't yah think sir."

He didn't seem fazed.

"I'll go first. I spy with my little eye something beginning with J."

He was looking at her again, he really expected her to play.

"Seriously, sir. You want me to play I spy."

He shrugged, "You suggest anything else to do."

So he had a point there. There wasn't much to do in a two-man tent that currently held four people while a storm ensured no one left. She licked her lips.

"Jacket?"

"Nope." He shook his head delighted she was playing.

"Jumper?"

He didn't even respond to that one just raised an eyebrow. So maybe no one was wearing a jumper but it was worth a try.

"Jaw?" he shook his head again.

She paused to think and quickly scanned her environment.

"Jaffa?"

His eyebrows leapt further, "I hope not Carter."

"I meant Teal'c sir." But he waved her comment away.

"Still wrong."

Jonas snored again and mumbled something incomprehensible. Her eyes fell on him.

"Jonas."

"NOOOO"

She looked around her again examining everything but came up blank.

"Come on Carter, not giving up already I hope. I thought you were meant to be the brains of this operation."

She glared at him; she wasn't a good loser. She thought another minute or two. She couldn't think of anything. She scowled to see the Colonel's gleeful smile. Her eyes lingered on his face and a thought popped into her head. Her brow creased in confusion, it couldn't be that, could it? She looked back at him. So yeah it could be.

"Any time this century Carter."

She licked her lips again.

"Is it... Jack."

A brilliant smile broke across his face.

"Well that took you forever to say."

He pulled his cap down to cover his eye and drawled.

"Night Carter."

Her jaw dropped open.

"Isn't it my turn now."

"I think we've done enough for one night Sam."

She just sat and stared at him and watched as his breathing evened and he slept.

She blinked and then returned her head to her knees. Sly dog, she'd have to get him back for that one.

***

I was wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough to be a beta for me once in a while because my other busy beta bees are busy with more important matters and I think that my inability to spell has pushed them to the edge of insanity.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to gottagetadog@hotmail.com