Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

No Fishing - Part 2

by Scully
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
No Fishing - Part 2

No Fishing - Part 2

by Scully

Summary: Sam and Jack continue their flirtations on thier camping holiday.
Category: Humor
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 06/28/03

Spoilers: NIL (it's all my own warped mind)

Stargate: Sadly it will never be mine.

Rating PG13.

Chapter 2 - Outrageous Flirting Take II

They all left early the following day, not wanting to miss the next few days of sunshine that the forecaster had promised. Jack especially wanted to take every advantage of it. Jack turned his head slightly to see his 2IC seated next to him. He was hoping that, that wouldn't be the only thing he would be taking advantage of this weekend.

"Whoa" where the hell did that thought come from, he thought; but he knew very well. Remembering events of what had taken place in the commissary last night. She hadn't mentioned a single thing about it, and it was bugging the hell out of him. Maybe just maybe she would reveal all tonight...ooooh I so don't wanna go there he thought. Well he did, but not while Teal'c and Daniel were in the back. Hmm, but maybe if he and Carter were back there..... That thought suddenly brought a whole array of images to his mind. Desperately trying to concentrate on the road ahead, as opposed to what he was thinking. He turned to smile at Carter; who had been completely oblivious to his train of thought.

Carter saw her CO smile, and wondered what was going through his mind after last night. She couldn't believe she had flirted like that, especially with the Colonel; it just wasn't her way. However, a little voice inside her head was saying, 'Ah! But wasn't it fun!' Quickly she put those thoughts to the back of her mind...for now. There would be plenty of time for that later. Then completely unexpectedly she grinned like a Cheshire cat; thinking about the later part. She turned her head away from the Colonel, feeling herself go slightly red, though still smiling to herself.

Teal'c and Daniel who had been sitting patiently in the back just looked at each other. They both realised that they were missing out on some private joke, but didn't quite know what it was yet, but one thing was for sure; they were determined to find out.

"Um, Jack, are we nearly there yet?" Daniel asked inquisitively.

"About another 10 miles Daniel. Then let the fun commence." Jack answered slightly giddily, with his eyes shifting towards Carter.

Sam was desperately trying not to giggle at Daniel; who sounded like a little kid on a long car journey. She was just waiting for him to say, "I need to pee!"

"You in a rush for some R&R Danny?" Jack asked turning his head towards the back for just a moment.

"Um, not exactly."

"What then?"

"I...Um...need to go to the bathroom." There he'd said it even though it made him feel severely embarrassed; it was such a clich. He remembered going on trips with his parents as a child, and hearing those words; "Are we there yet? Look, I can see the Sea! I need the toilet."

It was enough to tip Carter over the edge as she burst out laughing, quickly followed by Colonel O'Neill.

"Hey guys, it's not funny, I really need to go"

Desperately trying to regain his composure, Jack looked at him awkwardly and said, "Can't you...Um...I dunno, hold it?" Silently he was thinking, "Oh, I so don't wanna go there!" feeling more like his father than his CO.

Carter couldn't help herself she had to say it, "We're nearly there honey, just cross your legs for a little while longer."

Daniel was not amused with their fun at his expense, and replied coolly, "Funny Sam, real funny."

Within about 10 minutes, they pulled up to the nearest gas station a couple of miles down the road, Teal'c wanted to stretch his legs while Daniel was in the rest room. That just left Jack and Sam stood by the car, alone.

Jack shifted from one foot to the other, secretly glad that there was a big honkin' bit of metal between them, cos if there wasn't, he was seriously thinking of taking her in his arms and smothering her with kisses. He had never seen this playful side of Carter, and he liked it...a lot. Torn between his duties as her CO, and his manly urges he resisted the fantasy that had sprung to mind.

"So!"

Here it comes thought Sam. "So!" She responded as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

"Um about last night."

"What about it?" She replied in all innocence. Noticing that the Colonel's face was now becoming a lovely shade of scarlet, Sam's eyes twinkled in anticipation.

Jack's rolled his eyes upwards, he couldn't believe she was making him say it out loud; he rubbed his hands vigorously over his face. Suddenly a thought occurred to him. She was playing with him, and loving every minute of it. "Well Major, two can play at that game." He thought. Secretly he was gonna enjoy the fun he was going to have with her, and how he was going to make her feel just as hot and bothered as she'd made him last night.

Just as he was about to go to the other side of the car, Teal'c and Daniel trotted back. "Ah well, it'll keep till later." Jack thought smugly. They all got back into the car and in their respective seats. Just before Jack started the engine, Sam asked too sweetly, "Was there something you wanted to say Colonel?"

Feigning ignorance and the questioning looks from the back, Jack answered, "No, I'm sure it'll keep Major."

Smiling smugly she replied "Okay Sir. Later then?"

"Oh most definitely Major!"

Eventually they arrived at the camp, neither of them could believe how beautiful it was here. It literally was just the four of them, with the openness all to themselves. They had noone to answer to, no saving the world for once, it was just them, and the birds. Looking out towards the lake in front of them, Teal'c eyed the Colonel suspiciously. "I thought you said there would be no fishing O'Neill? Yet here we stand before a great lake, filled with...fish!"

"Ah relax Teal'c. There are fish in this water, but I did promise that I would not be fishing. Didn't I Kids!" He retorted seeking the remaining members of SG1's help in convincing Teal'c that he was telling the truth; but getting no reply. Teal'c approached him with a cautious look in his eyes.

"Anyone wanna help me out here?" He continued looking directly at Sam and Daniel.

"Oh yeah sure Jack"
"Yes Sir, you did say that" They both replied unconvincingly.

"Thanks for that glowing support guys." Jack muttered as Teal'c cautiously strolled past him, lifting one eyebrow.

Finally getting all their stuff out the car, they were all looking forward to relaxing on the waterfront. They were just in the process of pitching their tents, when Sam noticed that her's was missing. With hands on hips she realised full well that they couldn't fit three people into the one tent, which meant that one of the lads had to sleep in the tent with Sam.

"Okay Guys, since it was you lot who left my tent behind, I'm gonna have to share with one of you!" Turning to face them all she asked, "So, who am I bunking with?"

Totally ignoring her, Daniel and Jack turned their heads in the opposite direction and began whistling...out of tune. Teal'c busied himself with removing the rest of the gear from the SUV.

"Guys?" She asked slightly hurt, wondering why none of them wanted to bunk up with her.

Daniel and Jack looked at each other their eyes indicating a battle of wills as to who would explain to her. Jack spoke first in the end, with his eyes directed straight at Daniel.

"Daniel!"

"Jack!"

"Um, don't you think you should be the one to...Um...tell her?" Jack asked, his eyes pleading that he would be the one to do it.

"Um, no, no. I don't think so Jack. As her CO, I definitely think you should be the one." He informed him, wrinkling his nose, causing his eyes closing into little slits.

Carter was even more confused as to why they wouldn't tell her; it was starting to make her paranoid.

Getting absolutely no help from Daniel, he muttered loudly, "Oh, f'crying out loud. Fine I'll tell her! Carter, look I hate to break it to ya, but Um...well...ya see." Way to stumble Jack. Taking a deep he said awkwardly, "Well you kinda...Um...sorta snore." There he'd said it!

Sam looked horrified; her mouth gaped open as she heard what her CO had said. What could she say to that! Finally finding her voice again she replied indignantly, "I do not!"

Looking at each other, with their heads bobbing up and down, they both went, "Yeah, you do!"

Even Teal'c had caught on, and said matter of fact. "I do indeed concur!"

Sam was mortified. Why hadn't they told her earlier? Looking at her CO for support, she noticed that he didn't really seem too bothered about it. Well at least she hoped he didn't. Jack walked round to Carter and put his arm around her seeing that she was embarrassed. "Hey Carter, don't worry, you can bunk with me, I don't mind. Really."

With her eyes taking on a puppy dog look she asked, "Do I really snore Sir?" Hoping that they were only exaggerating.

"Like a 747 Carter!"

Carter's face fell slightly, now she would be worried for the whole weekend. Seeing that this had upset Carter more than he realised, he desperately tried to think o something to bring the happy, playful Carter back. Suddenly he thought of the perfect thing that would make her smile.

"Hey Carter." He stated, making her turn and face him "Don't worry! I know 101 ways to stop a women snoring." He jested, and then lightly kissed the top of her forehead.

Feeling the softest touch on her forehead, her stomach decided at that point to do a complete somersault. Inwardly she suddenly felt heaps better and openly she grinned towards her CO. She cheekily asked, "Sooo, was that number 1?"

Jack O'Neil smiled back at her, his grin rivalling that of a Cheshire cat and said with all innocence. "I guess you'll just have to wait and see!"

With that he walked over to where the tents had been laid, leaving a wide eyed Samantha Carter mystified about the other 100 ways.

End of Chapter 2

A/N Lil bit longer than the first, so whaddya think? Answers on a post card please. Or if your feeling techno crazy, go post a review. I luv reading them. As for Alone in the Night, don't panic. I am still in the middle of writing it, promise.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Scully