Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

No Fishing - part 4

by Scully
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
No Fishing - part 4

No Fishing - part 4

by Scully

Summary: SG1 go camping, basically, this is just ship.
Category: Humor
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/03/03

Spoilers: NIL (It's my own warped mind) Rating: PG13 I hate these ratings.

Stargate is and never will be mine.

Chapter 4 - The morning after the night before.

Throughout the night Colonel Jack O'Neill, and Major Samantha Carter slept comfortably in each other's arms. Jack tightened his grip on his 2IC, as she threatened to roll over in her sleep. "Back you come!" Jack murmured softly in dreamless voice. His arms encompassing her whole body, his hands lay softly around her stomach. Without even realising it, he moved his hands softly, absently caressing her bare stomach, as she moved even closer into him.

The sunlight filtered into the opening of the tent in the early hours of the morning, the beginning of dawn peering through. Sam was the first to stir, raising her hands to her eyes in an attempt to remove the sleep from her eyes, feeling strangely comfortable for a night sleeping on the floor. Realising that there was someone holding her, she let her hands drift down to her stomach, placing her own hands on top of his. Remembering how close they had come to breaking regulations in a major way, she allowed herself to smile.

Looking at her watch, it was only 7am, usually though; she was up hours before this. Thinking of how she could spend the rest of her life content in his arms, her stomach tightened at his touch. His hot steady breath brought shivers down her spine. Sam sighed a deep contented sigh. As much though as she would have loved to have stayed like this, she needed to go to the toilet. Trying to think of a way to remove his arms without disturbing him, she gently moved one hand from her waist, then the other she was lying on, would hopefully fall away when she got up.

Getting up very quietly, she attempted to stand up, glancing at the Colonel's still form, smiling at his innocent features as he slept. As Sam attempted to step over him, the Colonel moved his legs in an attempt to shift himself into a comfortable position; unfortunately he unconsciously placed them in Sam's path, causing her to stumble. In the early hours of the morning, and especially without coffee to provide her with any co-ordination, she perilously fell over his legs, and landed hard on the Colonel.

Jack jumped in a flash, shouting in pain at having someone fall on him unexpectedly from a distance. Suddenly his eyes opening wide he shouted in pain and finding Carter's butt flashing past his face, her stomach lying flat against his legs.

"Owwwww! Carter, f'crying out loud. Are you trying to kill me?"

Sam, attempting to get some of her breath back that had been knocked out by the fall, she breathlessly muttered trying to sort herself out. Shuffling back so that she was facing him. "Sorry, Sir. It's not my fault, you moved your legs at the last minute."

Finally in a kneeling position bending over the Colonel, to make sure she hadn't hurt him in any real way, she placed her hands on his naked chest. At Sam's touch, Jack suddenly becoming increasingly aware of her touch, their eyes locked intensely, and their lips drew closer until they were only centimetres from each other. At that same moment Teal'c and Daniel came rushing through the tent's opening.

Seeing their friends in what appeared to be a comprising position, when in fact it was only innocent. Daniel muttered, "Oh! Um...I heard shouting, and er...well I'll just leave you to it." Then made a hasty retreat back into the open.

Teal' stood there a few minutes longer tilted his head to one side, lifting his eyebrow up casually seeing his friends 'together' as if this didn't really surprise him.

"I did not mean to disturb you both. Please excuse me."

Jack and Sam looked at each other intently, wondering if they should say something to their friend. Jack decided that it was his job and casually said, "It's not what you think 'T', ya see, well, Carter tried to get out the tent, and I tripped her."

Sam finished the sentence for him "yeah, and I landed on him, so I was just making sure he was okay."

Jack rolled his eyes, thinking, "How lame does this sound." Sam simply shrugged. Well it was the truth, but you know what they truth is stranger than fiction.

"I see O'Neill. Are you injured?" He asked with a deadpan expression.

"Only my pride Teal'c." Jack responded sheepishly.

Nodding his head once more he then left the two alone. As Teal'c walked out the tent, Jack lay flat on his back, groaning. With his hands lying under his head, Sam looked over and couldn't resist smiling, the moment once again gone. "Well, it did sound a bit lame, Sir."

Jack finally seeing the funny side of things aloud himself to smirk at their recent predicament, "Yeah, you're right. Hey, can you imagine what would have happened if Daniel had walked in on us last night?" Both looked directly at each other and started laughing at the awkwardness of the situation, neither of them not quite sure what to say about last night.

After a few minutes, they both settled down. Jack got up first and grabbed Sam's hand. "C'mon, I'll cook you breakfast."

Sam allowing herself to be swept away by his charismatic smile took his hand as he pulled her up. Nodding in agreement they headed out to the lake, and to their waiting friends.

Daniel and Teal'c made no mention of what had gone on that morning, as they all sat in comfortable silence enjoying the Colonel's breakfast. After clearing everything away, Jack decided that they were going to go white water rafting, and he knew of just the place. A breeze had started to pick up towards the south, and there seemed to be a few darkened clouds heading in their direction. Jack, however was not going to let that stop them enjoying the day.

Standing to full attention he clapped his hands to get everyone's attention, and suddenly announced what he had planned for the day. "C'mon guys. Who's up for it?"

Sam had never done any white water rafting, and thought it would be great fun thinking of the excitement and danger that lay ahead. "I'm in!" she announced.

Getting no response from either Daniel or Teal'c, Jack asked, "C'mon guys, what do ya say, it'll be great. I know this great place a few miles down the road."

Looking from Jack to Sam, Daniel wanted to give them a bit of privacy to let nature take it course. "I'd love to go Jack..." Daniel responded hesitantly

"Great, c'mon then go get your stuff. Teal'c?" Jack

"Uh, Jack wait I hadn't finished, I really do want to go, but..."

"Doh! I knew that was comin!"

"Me and Teal'c are gonna go off and do some exploring. Apparently there's an archaeological dig about 10 miles away from here, so we thought we'd go and check it out."

"You and 'Teal'c' on an archaeology dig?" Jack probed further, not believing for one minute that Teal'c would spend his vacation looking at stones. So he reiterated further. "You mean Teal'c as in the big Jaffa stood next to you."

"Uh, yeah." Daniel continued, thinking "Nope, definitely not buying this." Looking at Teal'c for a bit of support, Daniel cocked his head slightly pleading for some help on this one.

"I look forward to it O'Neill. Daniel Jackson has told me that there may be great danger involved, and he may be in need of protection."

Jack not believing a single word that was coming form their lips replied simply. "Fine! But I'm telling ya, it'll be your loss." Then turning to Sam he replied with a smile, "Well, I guess it's just you and me Major. Shall we go?"

"Absolutely." Sam smiled in excitement. Her thoughts turned to what nearly happened last night, how close they had come. The only thing that had stopped them was the fact that Teal'c and Daniel were next door. Today though, they were going to spend the whole day alone, riding the rapids, just her and the Colonel. Then maybe enjoy a picnic and oh so much more. Realising she was getting carried away with the whole romantic scenario, she looked up to see them all staring at her,

Jack gave her a funny look, and asked, "You okay?"

Embarrassed that she had been caught daydreaming, her cheeks reddened slightly at his concern. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. You ready?"

With his concern rapidly vanishing he noted her eyes twinkled in anticipation. Whatever was going happen on this day out, he knew that there would nothing standing in their way, no one around to interrupt, it was just him and Sam.

End of Chapter 4

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Scully