Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sinatra Sampler

by ScullPell
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sinatra Sampler

Sinatra Sampler

by scullpell

Summary: SG-1 talking Sinatra Style
Category: Humor
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/06/03

Title: Sinatra Sampler
Author: scullpell
Category: Humor
Season: before 6
Pairing: SJ
Rating: PG
Warning: none
Summary: SG 1 talking Sinatra style.
Disclaimer: They're not mine. I make no money! Neither does Sinatra or "his" songs belong to me. I just borrow them!
Notes: Answer to Challenge #1,876 (Added May 15, 2002) This is for all you music lovers out there! I challenge YOU to write a story that includes at least thirty song titles. You can't mention them as a song like: Jack likes Aerosmith's "Just Push Play." You have to mention it in the context of the story, like: They ran to the gate at such a speed that after arriving at the SGC, they were "Breathless." Got it? Good. Have a fun time and e-mail me a copy! Submitted by Pilla
Feedback: annemarie.magerl@t-online.de
Have fun!
Sinatra Sampler by scullpell

In the wee small hours of the morning SG 1 was already breaking up camp. A long walk lay before them.

Anyway getting the tents into their bags wasn't as easy as they thought. At least Daniel had his problems and because the equipment guys always complained about the wrinkled cloth O'Neill went over and barked gruffly:

'Leave it alone Danny. Let's do it my way. And anyway the way you look tonight, tsk you really aren't representing America the beautiful. So come on, let's face the music and dance, get yourself going I know it's early.'

Soon they were all packed up and our strangers in the night began hiking through the light summer wind. All the way for the next two hours nobody said a word everyone of them much too occupied with their own thoughts. Soon the team reached a river silently flowing through the landscape.

'The natives call it Ti'annej, that means moon river.' Daniel murmured.

'Oh really? Do they also have a moonlight serenade? I mean that would be the best of everything. '

The Colonel seemed to at his cynical best.'Carter! What da ya think you're talking about? We're not in L.A. or something where every little nick is sung about.'

'L.A., sir? Yesterday you said fly me to the moon and I'll be happy.'

'Oh come on! I was as drunk as Mrs. Robinson after a wet afternoon with her friends. You could have called me bad, bad Leroy Brown and I'd just told you that you are the sunshine of my life. No honestly L.A. is my lady. It's my kind of town.'

'Oh I don't know. I was always bewitched by New York, New York. It has something mysterious, no, more like a dream. Like Pennies from heaven. I would throw three coins in the fountain. It was a very good year. For once in my life I felt home in place without knowing anybody.' Her voice had dropped to a low whisper. She seemed far away with her thoughts.

'With the fear of saying somethin' stupid. Come fly with me!'

'Sir?', now the Major was completely confused. Had her CO gone insane? Maybe next he demanded that she should send in the clowns.

'Look, the place were I have often felt at home was in a F16. I mean all or nothing at all, Carter. The pressure on your body when your pulling the baby up! They can't take that away from me!'

'Okay, then let's hurry up so we can act on your offer. But that doesn't mean love and marriage.'

'Sure thing! You'll see the best is yet to come.'

So they walked on again lost in their musings. And still no matter what they're doing, Night and day , Come rain or come shine SG 1 will always be on watch to protect YOU.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

... I guess when you met me, it was just one of those things. But don't you ever bet me 'cause I'm gonna be true if you let me...

The Colonel opened his eyes.

... I'm with you always come rain or come shine ...

He remembered. His house. SG-1 evening. A game of Trivial Pursuit. His early victory. Carter's new Sinatra CD.

/I must've dosed of./

Sam, Daniel and Teal'C were still sitting around the coffee table engrossed in their match of knowledge. Sinatra silently floating through the room touching lightly every surface in its vicinity.

Suddenly Sam turned and saw the confused look on Jack's face.

"Sir? Are you okay?"

/She spoke to you! Say something./

"Come, fly with me!"

One brow slowly rising over her eye. "Sir?"

"Em ... I just thought we never flew together. So what do you think? You, me a F16 at 8 plus Gs? Next weekend?"

Carter just stared mouth open.

"Come on Carter, what do you say?"

"Eh... sure why not. Would be my pleasure to have you as my co-pilot!", she grinned.

Ende

feedback to annemarie.magerl@t-online.de

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to scullpell