Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Conquer the Divide

by Sci-Fi Nut
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Conquer the Divide

Conquer the Divide

by Scifigal

TITLE: Conquer the Divide
AUTHOR: Scifigal
EMAIL: ladysmeg@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Missing Scene/Epilogue
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Divide and conquer, Upgrades
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Things are a bit uncomfy between Sam and Jack after the events in Divide and Conquer. How did they get it back to narmal fot the next ep...read and find out.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This took me 15 minutes! i was inspired...it's probably crap but what the hell it's something for you to read. If you can read...what the hell am i saying, your on a fanfic site of course you can read...DOH

Jack strolled into the mess hall, god was he hungry. It had been a way WAY out there day. Not only had he been confined to quarters because they thought he was some Za'tark thingy. Damn Tokra, always made things difficult. He knew he shouldn't think like that because they were meant to be allies with them. Martouf had been kinda annoying, constantly following Sam around just because of Joliner but he was probably the only Tok'ra Jack trusted. Now he was dead. They were left with Anise. The name made him shudder, she had kissed him. Luckily however the 'snake' liked Daniel, this made him feel slightly better but he didn't really understand why.

Then there was the strapped to the chair, having a lie detector test and admitting your undying love for your 2ic bit. Ok, he hadn't admitted his undying love but now Janet, Teal'c, Anise and Sam herself knew he was pretty into 'his' Major.

He tried to bring his thought's back to the job on hand, food. He stopped by the desert counter. He grimaced at the choice, there was so much nice stuff. Then he saw Sam's reflection in the glass. She was sitting alone eating. She had obviously seen him and was trying to not look at him. Jack noticed she had nearly finished. He tried not to look at her again but it didn't work. Part of him wanted to run, part of him wanted to go and speak to her and the other part wanted to hide by the counter until she'd gone. The cowardly side of him won.

She stood up to leave, Jack sighed in relief. She had to walk passed him to leave so Jack thought he better be friendly. She was just going by without saying a word when he said "Going Carter, I was just going to sit by you after choosing my desert". Sam forced a smile, "sorry sir" she muttered and she left.

Jack relaxed. He sat on his own in the corner and started to eat. This was his evening treat, he felt like he really deserved it today too. His thoughts drifted of again. He found himself thinking about Sam. When they were on opposite sides of the force field on that damn ship and he wouldn't leave. She was telling him to, his brain was telling him to, but his heart wasn't listening. She had looked into his eyes but before he could say anything the Jaffa came round the corner. They were lucky to escape. Then the tests. Those damn tests. Sam had been so nervous when trying to explain to him how they had lied.

Suddenly he felt a smile creep across his face. He wasn't the only one who had made a fool of himself. Sam had admitted she liked him too. Strangely enough he found himself becoming more cheer full.

His thought's were interrupted by Doctor Fraiser. "Colonel are you OK, I know your probably feeling a bit erm...how should I put this..."she struggled for words. "Stupid" Jack finished for her, "ever so slightly". Janet sat down next to him. "Bet it feels un-comfy being round Sam" she commented, he nodded. "Colonel, some advise...Sam just saved your life, maybe you should think about stopping her from going crazy" said Janet quietly. "Is that your advise as a Doctor?" muttered Jack. "I was hoping it was advise from a friend" she said dryly as she stood up. She marched of, not noticing the airmen's eyes following her rear end. "I am an ass" muttered Jack out laud.

Jack left the mess hall and went on search for Sam. Everybody would be in bed by now apart from the men on guard and most probably Sam. He decided the most sensible place to look was her lab. Sure enough there she was, fiddling with some dohickey.

"Carter" he said as a greeting. "Sir" she replied, twitching uncomfortably. "Sam, I don't want this to affect us" he stated. She stared at the floor, "us" she repeated "is that are working relationship us?". Jack watcher her carefully, he wasn't sure what to say. "Sam is that floor so interesting you cant take your eyes of it?" he asked suddenly. "No sir" she replied, she glanced round the room refusing to make eye contact with him.

Jack bit his lip in frustration. "Sam look at me for God sake, I'm not going to leap on you and suck your face of or grab you" he muttered. "No, I know" she said, almost regretfully. "Not that I wouldn't want to of course" he added, making Sam snigger. "That is so much better" he said on a more serious note, "listen Sam, we cant help how we feel but we know we cant act on it. I'll be retiring in a couple of years anyway. If we feel the same then.." he cut of. Sam nodded and for the first time since before that damn test she made eye contact with him. He smiled, he felt so much better after getting that out. He stepped round next to her, "What you doin' anyway?". She smiled, "the Tok'ra left me some toys to play with" she said sarcastically. "I'm just going to put them somewhere safe then go to bed". "Make sure you do...go to bed that is, you need rest. As do I, I'm going to go and turn in now so night" he finished. He turned to leave but she stopped him. He turned towards her, he could see that she was trying to think of something to do or say that would show that everything was fine. He smiled at her, a warm smile. He let himself run his fingers through her hair. She closed her eyes at the sensation. He gently caressed her cheek with his fingers. "Give it a couple of years Sam" he said slowly. He turned and left leaving Sam in silence.

She sat down in her chair and couldn't help but smile. "Colonel O'Neill I might just hold you to that one" she muttered out laud. THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Scifigal