Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Emotions Overload

by Scia
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Emotions Overload

Emotions Overload

by Scia

Title: Emotions Overload
Author: Scia
Email: notts1862@btopenworld.com
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Some natives think Jack isn'€™t in touch with his feelings. Turns out he'€™s just not showing them.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Emotions Overload

"Incoming wormhole," one of the officers yelled, "Sir, its SG1," he said turning to General Hammond. "Open the iris" General Hammond commanded, wondering what trouble SG1 had got themselves into now, as they weren't due back for another 8 hours. Sam appeared through the Stargate, followed by Daniel and Teal'c, who was carrying an unconscious Jack. "Get him immediately to the infirmary, then report to my office for de-briefing" General Hammond said, deciding to keep those nagging questions until after Jack was having medical care.

"Sir, to be honest, we don't really know what happened" Sam stated, "Colonel O'Neill seemed fine, before he collapsed," she winced slightly at the memory, but it went unnoticed, "We didn't really have any problem with the natives, except a brief argument the Colonel had with one of them. It hardly seems possible that could be the cause of it." Daniel cringed; there weren't many people Jack didn't have an argument with. "Ok, after Doctor Frasier's assessment on O'Neill, we will discus this further," General Hammond, announced, leaving his chair, "Dismissed."

Sam, Daniel and Teal'c went to the infirmary soon after the De-Briefing. Jack was just waking up and Janet was standing over him looking worried. Jack smirked and said, "Beat ya to it, didn't I Daniel?" Daniel scowled and Jack grinned more, he looked around and his face fell just as he saw Sam. His head dropped and he started shaking. "Janet, what's wrong with him?" Sam asked, gulping back her feelings at seeing Jack in such pain and it being too much for him to try and hide it. "I don't know," Janet replied, biting her lip slightly, "Physically he's fine, apart from this strange mark on his chest." She carefully lifted the now unconscious Jack's shirt up. Sam instinctively glanced away, but then forced herself to focus on the mark. It looked like it was burned into this skin, and the symbol did seem familiar, but she couldn't place it. "I remember this symbol," Daniel stated, "It means balance or truth!" Daniel looked quite pleased with himself that he remembered. Sam on the other hand, was just wondering what could affect Jack so much considering what he had been through and had hidden from everyone else.

Jack stayed in a trembling state every time someone talked to him or asked him questions, only when he thought he was alone would he stop shaking and sob openly. Naturally, everyone was worried about him as he rarely showed any emotion that would leave him vulnerable. So he was sent home and wasn't called in until the scans were in.

Sam was hurrying to find Jack before he went to the infirmary. She was probably just being paranoid, but Jack seemed to start shaking when she entered the room, never mind when she was talking to him. She saw him heading from the parking lot, he looked fine, but his face was deadly serious. "Sir?" Sam asked, slightly nervously.
He carried on walking, but he tensed and was trying to hold back the trembling fit he could feel approaching. "Sir?" She asked, a bit more loudly as she was slightly angry he was ignoring her. She grabbed his wrist and said, "Sir, please listen..." She stopped, noticing he was shaking again and wincing too. She glanced at his wrists, which she still clung on to. They were viciously slashed. "Car-ter pl-please..." He stuttered, she looked up into his anxious eyes and he shuddered more. He yanked his wrist free from her grasp and darted down the corridor. She just stood there watching him go, she couldn't believe it, He had tried to kill himself.

"The scans show a sort of liquid block in this part of the brain..." Janet said indicating the scans. Jack didn't want to listen, he didn't need to listen. He knew what was wrong with him. He couldn't control his emotions and every time he tried, intense pain tore through his body and he broke down into a trembling wreck. Last night, he had no control. He just felt so incredibly lonely and the longing for something he couldn't have was too strong. He just had to stop that feeling.

Suddenly, General Hammond walked in, looking furious. "Colonel O'Neil, my office, now!" He commanded. Ok Jack endure your emotions, Jack thought to himself, You may not be able to control them, just don't show them. He shuddered nether the less, but followed the General to his office silently.

Sam knew she shouldn't have told the General, as it was probably due to the illness, but she couldn't let him do that again. What if he succeeded next time? She couldn't deal with that. It was so strange to see him like that, he was usually so calm, sarcastic and seemingly unfeeling. What am I doing here? She asked herself, she was standing outside the General's office. "Sir," Sam heard Jack say with a sigh, "I joined the SGC for a suicide mission, so in a manner of speaking I'm only fulfilling what the mission failed to give me." "What death?" General Hammond spat, still furious, "You will not do that again!" he commanded. "With all due respect, sir, you no control over me when I'm off the base or not on a mission." Jack replied, his voice earnest. "Then I'll just have to keep you on the base then. Wont I?" General Hammond yelled. "Sir, you can't," Jack sounded panicked. "I very well can" The General retorted, "Teal'c!" General Hammond told Teal'c to take Jack to a holding room. "You're locking me up?" Jack was shaking again. "I have no other choice" General Hammond replied looking upset.

Sam shook her head in disbelief.
"God what have I done?" She muttered to herself, "He's going to be locked up because, because he's a danger to himself."

There was a knock on General Hammond's door. "Sir?" Janet asked quietly.
"Come in Doctor," the General said, opening the door and nodding at both her and Sam. "Sir, Major Carter and I, have found a way to monitor the Colonel's emotions, and therefore, being able to stop anything like this happening again," Janet said, trying to keep the excitement out of her voice for this new discovery. Sam stood there in silence, uncomfortable with publicizing something as personal as Jack's emotions. "The colonel seems to have developed a unique way of dealing with his feelings." Janet continued, her eyes flickering to Sam, as she wasn't usually so silent, "He - buries them, so even he doesn't know they are there, but this newly formed liquid block, the scans showed in his brain, is stopping him from doing that. So every time he tries to control them in this manner, it causes immense strain on his brain, which is slowly killing him." General Hammond was silent for a while, he didn't want to use a device on Jack, but any peaceful way of controlling him was better than nothing. "Very well, you have my permission," he said, defeated.

After sedating him, "for sleep", they quickly hooked the emotions monitor up and set a computer up in the surveillance camera room. Janet and Sam decided to be the first one to monitor Jack, as it was their machine.

The computer displayed the findings in a freely moving bar chart, showing the amount they should aim to get him at and how far they had to go. "The monitor shows, that the colonel has extremely high feelings of longing and loss. We think the loss is still there because of what happed to Charlie, but don't know what the longing is due to. The longing leaves the colonel very uncomfortable and that's what's causing him to be so- edgy, it seems he got over Charlie a little while ago." Janet explained to General Hammond. "Ok, so we should keep him as happy as possible until we figure out, what he's longing for." General Hammond said, waiting for Janet's opinion. "Yes sir, but it may take a while or the colonel would have gone for it by now..." Janet answered; glad they weren't exposing all her most personal feelings. She was surprised Jack's readings were so high; otherwise she wouldn't even have suggested this idea.

So the task was set, they had to do everything possible to make Jack happy, or he might try and suppress his feelings. He got everything he wanted, even a huge colour TV in his "holding room", but it didn't take long for Jack to realise this and he began asking for more extreme things to keep him entertained. He got a king size bed, a fridge filled with beer, a pottery wheel, but he still pretended to be bored and started drawing on the walls, then he ordered half the guys in SGC to dress up as cheerleaders and do the can-can. He ordered Daniel to dress up as a clown and got Teal'c to throw pies at him. He was even allowed out of his holding room to play golf through the Stargate again (the planet was thankfully deserted). The General was in such a state they put him in a holding room for a while.

This went on for three weeks they finally tired Jack out and he settled down to watch TV. This was when Sam decided to visit. She entered the room with Janet buzzing in her ear, telling her Jack's readings, and spotted Jack leaning against his bed watching the hockey. Jack turned to her slowly and tried to force a smile and not show her how near unconsciousness he really was. Course it didn't work as his longing and pain, tripled in size. Sam heard Janet panicking as she told her his readings and decided what had to be done. "Oh for crying out loud, Jack! I'm sick of this, when have we ever obeyed regulations?" she snapped at him, he was killing himself just to cover up his tracks. Jack tried to say something, but Sam had already dived at him. "I was trying protect your career, I wouldn't have bothered if it would have only screwed up mine! You can't throw it all away like that, I'm sure you can find someone better" He yelled at her. "Don't give me that, Jack. If you weren't happy about my decision you wouldn't be able to say so the in the first place." She smirked at him, knowing she had him cornered. Just then Daniel burst in,
"We've just got a transmission from P6V221, they asked how Jack was feeling..." Daniel said, grinning. "Bloody annoyed, that's what I'm feeling" Jack snarled, "Do we have permission to return to the planet?" "Yup, we leave in half an hour." He replied, happy and relieved to get rid of the device letting Jack do anything he wanted. "Great!" Jack said happily, purposely brushing past Sam. Leading her to follow him, with a scarlet face. Daniel shrugged and decided to ask Janet what made Jack so happy all of a sudden.

Three hours later, they managed to explain that they don't need the block anymore and convinced them to remove it, with the antidote jab. "Oh! I never thought of a chemical antidote." Sam exclaimed, pouting. "Is that such a bad thing?" Jack whispered, while Daniel was explaining what the jab did to Jack. "Guess not!" Sam giggled in reply.
"Should we not be returning?" Teal'c asked, brushing off the offer for the jab himself. Sam and Jack laughed, then dragged Daniel to the Stargate as well. Teal'c pushed Daniel through first and then followed, Jack slipped his arm round Sam's shoulders and stepped through. Forgetting about the very surprised General on the other side. Jack grimaced and then asked nervously, "Err- permission to blame alien technology?" "Denied!" The General replied, his face stone. "Err- permission to take full responsibility?" Jack tried again. "Denied!"
"Permission to screw the regulations, sir!" Someone yelled. "Granted!" General Hammond said, pointing at the man that said it. The gate room erupted with cheers and at least 20 couples; no one knew existed, started kissing all round the gate room. Teal'c looked at everyone, very confused and grabbed a passing nurse and kissed her passionately. General Hammond looked around, muttering about needing a vacation, proceeded to climb over the couples and lock himself in his office.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Scia