Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

What's Hidden Well

by Saz Ikal
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
What's hidden well

What's hidden well

by Saz Ikal

TITLE: What's hidden well
AUTHOR: Saz Ikal
EMAIL: morjac@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack, Angst, Challenge (#801), Hurt/Comfort, Romance
SPOILERS: Some references to Legacy, The Serpents Lair, also general background before Point of View
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sometime after Legacy, Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: angst
SUMMARY: The team finds out that Sam has Cleithrophobia (The Fear of being locked in an enclosed space) when Jack, playing around, locks her in a closet. This results in Sam freaking out and goes into a state of shock, not doing anything but rocking
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: The story is mine, that's it only the story. I don't own them, Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. Basically not mine. No copyright infringement is intended. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author. (Although I'll give you consent if you email me, no worries)
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Please email me with what your opinions on this. It's my first fanfic so I really really want to hear what you thought about it. Hope you like it

"Teal'c! Teal'c buddy, wanna help me catch Carter?" Jack called from one side of the sofa.

" I am unfamiliar with this game O'Neill"

"That's because it's not a game. I've gotta get pay back for her calling me stupid."

"I did no such thing!" Sam exclaimed, from her side of the sofa, ready to move quickly if need be.

"Well you implied it. With your smart little words technobable, to confuse me." Said Jack. Sam laughed and dogged his grasp, stepping round to the other side of the sofa where Jack had just been

"Too slow sir," she grinned.

"Am I? Well we'll just have to see about that," he said diving over the top of the sofa. She tried to do a side step again, but Jack anticipated it and caught hold of her elbows.

"Caught me!" she grinned as he stood up, pulling her arms behind her back.

"Now then, what would be a suitable punishment?" he wondered out loud.

"Gee Dad, am I grounded?" she laughed

"What is 'grounded' Dr Jackson?" Teal'c called, walking into the kitchen.

"No" said Jack, seeing a nearby half open closet and grinning. "No not grounded, but sent to your room." In two short strides he had got to the door, still holding Carter and pushed her in.

"Now, don't come out till morning," he said, locking the door. Tossing the key on the table he fell into a chair.

In the kitchen Daniel was explaining the meaning of grounded to Teal'c.

"Grounded means, well, when a child has done something wrong, they aren't allowed to go anywhere."

"But Major Carter is not a child."

"I know Teal'c." Daniel sighed. "I know." Teal'c raised his eyebrow.

Sam took a deep shaky breath in. Calm down Sam, nothing will happen, everything's gonna be okshe told herself. The guys didn't know about her Cleithphobia, they didn't know she was scared stiff of getting locked in a small place...with...no way... of escape....

"Very funny sir. Now let me out" she said, barley keeping her voice from shaking.

"Nah, I don't think so".

"Come on, joke's over," she persisted, her chest getting tight and the colour draining from her face.

"No. In fact you might have to stay there all night," grinned Jack, turning on the TV.

Sam's heart began pounding and her mouth went dry.

"This isn't funny anymore, let me out!" she said, hitting the door with her fist.

Jack turned the TV up, oblivious to her rapidly growing panic.

Closing her eyes Sam ran a sweaty hand through her hair and swallowed.

"Please open the door Colonel."

"Ah, trying to sweet talk me now are ya?"

Sam suddenly felt very dizzy and she her knees buckled. She had to lean on the wall to steady herself. The small gap under the door should provide her with air but she didn't care, all she wanted to do was get out of here.

"LET ME OUT!" she suddenly screamed.

She began to shout, banging her fists against the door in a fruitless attempt to get it open and tears began to roll down her cheeks.

Jack looked over his shoulder at the door, frowning. Daniel and Teal'c also looked up.

"Perhaps you should let Major Carter out now Colonel O'Neill," suggested Teal'c

"Yes Jack, that sounds like a good idea"

"Yeah yeah, don't worry, I'm going to." he said quickly getting to his feet and picking up the key. Sam was too freaked out now to hear any of this and her panic too well set in.

"GOD DAMN IT! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT NOW!" Sam screamed, throwing her full weight at the door at the door, tears streaming down her face.

Jack hurried to the door and shoved in the key. The banging stopped and it was suddenly silent as he unlocked the door and swung it open. Sam was curled up on the floor, hugging her knees and rocking back and forth.

"Major?" Jack asked, squatting down and looking at her. She didn't answer, her eyes were unfocused, not looking at anything in particular and her skin was clammy and pale. He waved his hand in front of her face.

"C'mon Carter, I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

"Sam?" Daniel asked, coming up behind Jack, but it was if she hadn't noticed they were there.

"She's in shock." Jack stated. "Daniel call infirmary."

"What..."

"Now!"

"I will carry her." Teal'c informed, scooping Sam up in his arms and marching out the door.

"Janet! Sam's gone into shock...no time to explain, we're on our way" Daniel said down the phone, hurrying after them.

"It appears she has Cleithrophobia," Janet Fraiser sadly announced.

"Cleifrowhat?" asked Jack, still disbelieving that his figure hugging her knees and rocking back and forth was his Major.

"It's the intense irrational fear of being locked in an enclosed space with no means or escape." Janet Fraiser said, reading from a medical dictionary "But she's been in enclosed places before..." began Daniel, but Janet cut him off.

"Yes, but she has Cleithrophobia. That's the fear of beinglockedin an enclosed space with no escape. What you're talking about is claustrophobia."

"Stop with the cl-phobias!" cried Jack. The room was still except for Sam's slight rocking back and forth at the edge of the room.

"Why is she...er...rocking?"

"It's a comfort technique. Same as the way she's curled up, hugging her knees"

"Yes, I remember" Daniel said quietly frowning at Sam and desperately trying to think of a solution. Jack basically looked like crap and Teal'c stood, as ever, silent, with an unreadable face.

"So what are we gonna do?"

"I'm afraid there's not much I can suggest medically. Talk to her, try to get her to snap out of it. Dr Maqenzies been called." Janet replied.

Daniel narrowed his eyes. He didn't like that guy, not at all. Not since the time where they'd locked him up in a white room, kept him dosed up. No way was he letting that happen again, not to Sam.

"Has General Hammond been informed?" Teal'c asked

"Yes Teal'c" she answered. " I think we just need to give her a little time she might come out of it on her own. Give her 24 hours ok?" Janet suggested

The remainder or Sg-1 left quietly but reluctantly. Each with their own trains of thoughts.

Jack walked into his office and slammed his fist on the table. Unknown to him Daniel had followed him in, because as much as he was concerned for Sam, he was also concerned for Jack.

"Jack? You ok?"

"Danny?" he asked, spinning round surprised. For an instance he looked like he was going to pretend nothing was wrong, but he just turned his back to Daniel and hit the desk again.

"For crying out loud Danny it's my fault!"

"Jack, c'mon. You didn't know, how could you have? Nobody blames you."

"I blame me! Ok?! That's enough! I blame me. And who d'ya think she blamed huh? I'm such a God damn idiot!"

"Jack..."

"Just go away Daniel, ok? Just... please, go away."

"Ok Jack, I'm going. Just... just talk to Sam ok?"

"What?"

"Just go and talk to her, you know..."

" I doubt she's gonna want to hear from me Daniel"

"Jack, I..."

"I'll think about it ok, Good enough?"

"Good enough" Daniel said closing the door behind him then adding "for now"

Janet Frasier took a deep breath in as she entered General Hammond's Office. He wasn't going to like this at all. Sg-1 was his best team. Not just in the military sense but also personally they were closer to his heart than all other teams. They all leaned and depended on each other more than any other team she knew of. It was almost unbelievable that four people that were so different and varied would come together as a team. No, more than a team... a family.

"General Hammond sir. The report On Major Carter you asked for"

"Thank you Doctor" he quickly scanned the report and looked up at her.

"How long can we expect this to continue?" He asked. Janet sighed.

"I'm not sure Sir. It could be a matter of hours, days, weeks or even years. It's not my area of expertise."

"I see that in this report, Dr Maqenzie suggested to move her to an appropriate facility for people with similar disorders. What's your opinion."

"Medically speaking; they have a high success rate and many of their patients do fully recover. However from a personal point of view I'd like to keep her here, at least for the short term. I hoping the familiar environment and people she knows will bring her out of it."

"Recommendation accepted." General Hammond said gladly. He wasn't exactly keen to write on of his best officers off just yet. "I've already sent a message to the Tok'ra informing them. We expect General Carter/Selmac in 24 hours or so. Any further advice Doctor"

"No Sir".

"Alright, dismissed."

After Daniel had left Jack hadn't stayed on base long. General Hammond had given Sg-1 leave until a solution for Sam had been found.

He grabbed his keys and flung on his jacket, briskly walking to the elevator. He didn't want Daniel to come have a heart to heart with, or make him visit Sam. Visit Sam! As if! He watched the numbers going down and jangled his keys nervously. When he reached the top he scribbled his name on some sheets before practically jogging to the car.

He drove round in circles for hours until he ran out of fuel. Then he just sat staring out the window, but seeing nothing. Just numb..

Teal'c walked into the infirmary and stood a moment looking at Sam.

"Dr Fraiser, what is her condition?" he asked.

"No change I'm afraid Teal'c." Teal'c gave a brief nod and cocked his head to the side as if he was considering something.

"I will wait." He stated, taking a nearby chair across to Sam's bed and sitting down.

"Do you want a coffee or something?"

" I am fine."

"We'll give you some privacy if you want to talk to her." Janet offered him with a small smile. Teal'c raised his eyebrow and looked at Major Carter and then back at the doctor.

"I am fine." He repeated Dr Fraiser nodded and left him to go back to her work.

When darkness fell it turned chilly and Jack got out the car and looked around. He knew vaguely where he was. Only about a 20-minute jog to his place. He began walking slowly along the sidewalk, not thinking anything just walking. After a while his walk turned into a jog and then pretty soon into a flat out run, not caring where he was going. His shoes hit the concrete harder and harder till he had to slow and stop. By some miracle which he justknewhe didn't deserve he ended up in his neighborhood.

He walked into the house, slamming the door behind him with a satisfying bang. A hanging picture fell off the wall. He stared at it for a second before he suddenly swept his arm across the windowsill crashing the plants, ornaments and photo frames onto the floor. It felt good to release his anger. He roughly pulled the curtains down, ripping them across the top. Next he kicked the sofa so hard he knocked it over, before throwing a chair at the TV.

The phone rang twice, pausing his destruction. "SHUT UP!" he yelled at it. The phone paid no attention and carried on ringing on the 5thor 6thring he picked it up and threw it against the far wall. It shattered on impact and the ringing stopped. In the silence that followed Jack realsied he was panting. He collapsed the nearest chair he stared at the floor. He spied at fallen picture frame a gently pulled it out. It now had a small crack along the top corner but you could still see it was the celebration party after they had escaped from Aphosis's ship and saved the world... again. Jack stood in the middle his arms over Daniel and Sam's shoulders. They were all just so damn happy to be alive and have Daniel back they couldn't stop grinning. Even Teal'c with his eyebrow raised very high had a small smile on his lips. Jack traced Sam's face with his finger. She was so happy there. So full of life. And he'd gone a ruined it for her. He propped the photo up on the chair arm and fell asleep gazing at it.

After a few hours of watching Major Carter, Daniel Came into the infirmary.

"Hi Teal'c. How's she doing?"

"Daniel Jackson. She is not 'doing well'."

"Oh" was all Daniel said, looking at her pale face. The infirmary nurses had managed to lay her down.

"Do you want me to sit with her for a while."

"If you wish" Teal'c answered getting up. He headed toward the infirmary door then stopped and turned around. "Daniel Jackson, have you seen Colonel O'Neill?" Daniel sighed.

"No Teal'c. He's not on base and I rung his home but the line went dead. I think he pulled the socket out."

Teal'c raised his eyebrow and gave a low nod as he the infirmary.

Janet smiled as she turned back towards her work, thinking about when she had first met him and called him "Mr. Teal'c". She'd come along way since then. They all had.

"That's why you've gotta come back Sam, we've come too far to lose you now" she whispered

Daniel shifted again in the uncomfortable seat and took another sip of his cold coffee. It was the only thing keeping him awake so far. He remembered a conversation he's had with Sam near the beginning, about trying to stay awake forever.

"Dr Fraiser." The infirmary intercom said. She walked over and pressed the button to speak "Yes"

"We need authorization to let Cassandra down."

"Ok Airman. Use my authorization code, she doesn't need to have authorization for anywhere else."

"Understood. Would you like me to escort her down"

"If you would."

"Ok"

Dr Fraiser did a quick tidy of the place before he daughter arrived. It was tiresome sometimes to have to keep giving her authorization for Cassie to come down, but she understood it was necessary in a top security base.

Janet threw a quick glance over to Daniel.

"Why don't you get some rest Daniel. Cassandra will be with Sam and I'll let you know if there's any change in her condition. You need some sleep." Daniel smiled at her

"Yeah, I guess do need some sleep. Say hi to Cassie for me."

"Will do." She smiled as he left. She looked back at Sam again

"Cassie's coming down Sam. You know how much she'd love it if you talked to her for a bit." Janet wasn't even sure if Sam could hear her but she was damn well gonna try. Sam loved Cassandra as much as she did so maybe, just maybe...

"Hi Mom!" Cassie said entering the infirmary. Janet nodded the Airman away and smiled at her daughter. Even after 3 years it was still a little strange to be called 'Mom'

"Hi Honey. How was school?"

"Ok. How's Sam?"

"Not too good." Janet replied thinking about how many times she'd heard that question today. "Why don't you go and talk to her." Cassie nodded and gave a smile before skipping over to Sam's bed.

"Hiya Sam. I hear your not feeling that great. That's ok though. If you don't wanna talk to me, I'll talk to you, ok? So today at school this boy called Tony put green paint in Rebecca's hair, she was so mad her face went red and she started shouting at him. She was ok though. We got the paint out and Tony was given a detention. Why are boys meaner than girls? I mean..."

Janet stopped listening at this point and smiled at her efforts. Cassandra had managed to get Sam on the road back to normal once before, maybe she could do it again

General Hammond finished writing his report and put it in the out tray. With that day's worth of work done in less than three hours he had nothing left to do. Standing up he looked around his office before going out into the briefing room. He stood and looked at the 'gate for a while. Thinking about all it had brought through it. Then he walked down to the control room and silently stood at the back. It made him feel good that all these people were his responsibility, even if occasionally he had to deal with the problems. This brought his mind back to Samantha Carter again and he decide to pay a visit to the infirmary.

Dr Fraiser looked up from her work to see General Hammond in the doorway. He was looking across at Cassandra quietly talking to Sam and drawing a picture at the same time. He could hear snippets of the one way conversation that Cassandra was determined to have.

"Come on Sam you've got to laugh! Right in front of her! It was funny...."

"General Hammond sir. How are you?" Dr Fraiser asked as her entered the infirmary.

"I'm just fine. How's our patient?" He asked looking directly at Sam's pale, weak figure, hardly believing it was the same woman who'd challenged his top officer to an arm wrestle.

"No change I'm afraid sir. Teal'c and Daniel have been in and sat with her. I even let Cassandra try." General Hammond

"No response at all?" he asked

"None. I'm hoping General Carter will have an effect."

"And Colonel O'Neill?"

"He hasn't visited yet sir. Although I'm concerned for his emotional state too."

"Ok Dr. keep me informed."

The familiar siren of incoming traveler gate started up and General Hammond walked briskly to the gate room. The great blue cone of energy burst out and reclined into a shimmering wormhole. A few seconds later General Carter stepped through. Before the wormhole had even disengaged he was half way down the metal ramp.

"Where is she? Where's my girl? " He demanded approaching General Hammond.

"Jacob. Good to see you, though unpleasant circumstances."

"Yes." He replied, barley registering. Jacob looked down and when he reopened his eyes, Selmac spoke.

"Please forgive Jacob's bluntness. He is very anxious to see his daughter. As am I"

"I understand." General Hammond said. In the short walk to the infirmary he had fully briefed him on what had happened. Then he stopped outside the door.

" We'll give you some privacy, she's in there" he said, gesturing towards the infirmary"

Jacob Carter strode straight across the infirmary to where his daughter was still rocking.at the end of her bed, and then he crouched in front of her

"Sam? Sam it's me honey. It's dad," He said softly brushing some hair out of her eyes. He paused and after no reaction, changed his voice tone to stronger and sterner. "Samantha! Look at your father when he's talking to you." After still no response from her he sighed and stood up, gazing sadly at her, before turning and walking slowly to the door.

He looked up when General Hammond approached and very simply said:

"Where's Jack?"

Jack woke to a knocking at the front door. As his eyes adjusted to the light he surveyed the mess he had created last night. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and stood up before he remembered the knocking that had woke him.

"Come in, it's open" Jack said. Fully expecting it to be Daniel.

"Danny..." Jack began before stopping mid sentence. "Jacob."

"Hello Jack." Jacob said. Jack was lost for words, which was very unusual for him. Jacob glanced round the wrecked room and looked back at Jack. "Were you burgled or what?"

"Jacob..." Jack began, finding his voice "I...I amso,unbelievably sorry. I didn't know... And..." Jacob took at long at Jack. It was obvious he was driving himself crazy with guilt. He looked ready to jump into hell if only he could.

"Calm down Jack I'm not mad at you. Well, not anymore." Jacob turned at shut the still open door.

"When I first heard I was fuming but then I realsied you wouldn't know." He said standing a chair up right and sitting on it.

"She wouldn't tell anyone... cause she's so god damn stubborn, and proud. Takes after her father."

"You knew she had Clet-ro- whatever?"

"Cleithrophobia. Yes, ever since she was about 5. We accidentally left her at museum once. She was playing in one of those space simulators and the museum was closing. There was a large group of us and we were in a hurry, we just didn't notice she was missing till we got on the coach. When we finally found her locked in the simulator, she was like she is now, curled up and rocking. She's had one other time since that. Her mother could always get her out it. This is her third in total now. But I just don't know what to do this time." At this point he looked across at Jack.

"You need to go see her Jack."

"What? No...no Jacob I can't.... I can't face her knowing that I...that I did this to her

"Well you did." Jacob said harshly

"I know." Jack said burying his face in his hands. "I know"

"What good is it going to do anyway?" Jack asked. His head still in his hands.

"I don't know. Maybe none. But it's got to be better than wrecking your apartment." Jacob left the sentence hanging.

Jack finally lifted his head out of his hands.

"Jacob, do you have any idea how hard this is for me..."

"No one said it would be easy, but you've damn well gotta try. I can't force you to do anything Jack, but you did this, unintentionally maybe but you have the responsibility to try to reverse it ok?"

Jack didn't answer and just put his head back in his hands.

"Listen. I should have been back with the Tok'ra three hours ago. We're in some delicate negotiations at the moment so I really have to go. But I'm coming back in a few days and I swear to you if you haven't at least tried to get my girl back.... I'll shoot you myself."

Jack stared at the clock on his wall. 4:17am Jacob left he'd been in auto-pilot mode. He had put back everything onto the windowsill, reattached the curtains, hung up fallen pictures and swept up the remainder of he's phone. Now he was left with nothing to do. Suddenly, almost without deciding, he grabbed he's keys and jumped into his car. By driving far faster than he should, he reached the Cheynne Mountain in half the time.

But once there, he sat staring in to space, not really wanting to move.

"Jack?" Daniel said appearing at the passenger window and startling him. Jack shook his head and got out of the car.

"Danny! Jeez you scared me."

Daniel stood and looked at him for a moment. Jack was trained in special ops, it was very unusual for someone to creep up on him unnoticed and Daniel hadn't even been trying to be quiet.

"Jack, are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah Danny, I'm just great." Jack muttered walking of towards the entrance. Daniel stood and watched him till he disappeared from view.

"Good Luck Jack." Daniel said, before turning towards his own car.

Jack took a quick look around the infirmary to check it was empty. Dr Fraiser had been sent home with orders for rest, and the few nurses that were around when he arrived, had quickly dispersed to some place else. Now he stood at the door to infirmary, with his arms hanging by his sides, watching Sam rock gently back and forth and her felt his heart wrench.What had he done?God this was so stupid. He was just messing around and suddenly... now...she was.... Damn it!

Slowly he walked over to Sam's bed and took the vacant seat.

"Hey." He said, his voice barley above a whisper. "Sam?" There was no response from her. He lent forward and ran a hand through his hair.

"Sam? Look, I don't know if you can here me...god, I'm sorry. I just can't believe this is happening...Sam you,... I mean I...well I guess it's easier telling you this way, when you don't answer. Cause there hasn't been a day gone by when I haven't wanted to tell you this, but I never had the guts. Not cause of regulations, they can screw them. Cause I'm too afraid of that you won't feel the same way. I couldn't do that Sam. I couldn't see you every day, knowing you knew how I felt, but couldn't return the feelings. But I swear Sam you've gotta snap out of this... cause...you mean more to me than anything ever could. When I first met you, God your smile lit up the room. But I was afraid. After Sara and Charlie... I was just too afraid to admit I loved anybody, I case I lost them. I can't loseyouSam, I won't lose you. I love you. And..."

Somewhere in the middle of this confession Sam had stopped rocking, but Jack hadn't noticed. Now, he didn't notice Sam's head ever so slowly turning to face him.

"You...love...me?" She asked. Jack looked up and her shining blue eyes met his earnest, sincere brown eyes. Sam searched his face for confirmation as he answered

"More than anything in this universe." Then swallowed hard" Do you? Love me?" He asked holding his breath. And hoping for the answer he wanted. Sam didn't answer in words, she just nodded vigorously.

"Really?" Jack asked letting out his breath, but not quite believing it.

"Really." She said standing up. Jack stood up too and drew her close to him. They put their arms around each other and stayed in the embrace, neither knowing for how long and neither wanting to let go, in case they broke the fragile dream they had created.

Finally they pulled back to gaze at each other. Tears of happiness were running down Sam's face and Jack gently brushed them away with his thumb.

"Sam...I've waited for this for so long. But first, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I locked you in , that I didn't let you out at first that..."

Sam shushed him by putting a finger on his lips.

"It doesn't matter." She said "none of it matters. Because if it hadn't have happened then his wouldn't have happened... and I defiantly wanted this to happen." She took the finger from his lips and cupped his face in her hand.

"Sam, I know this is a lot to take in all at once but there's just one more thing."

"What?" she asked. Jack smiled down at her and held up a finger.

"Just one minute...one minute" he said turning to leave the infirmary. "Don't go anywhere!" he yelled as he sprinted out. Sam smiled and looked around the dark infirmary, wondering where everyone was. She glanced at a clock 5:56 in the morning! Another couple of hours and the place would be buzzing. It was weird, she could remember everybody coming in and talking to her, it just didn't seem real, like a dream.

Just then Jack came skidding back into the infirmary.

"C'mon Jack what do you want to talk about?" she laughed. It was good to be 'awake' again

"Right I'm ready now." He said smiling "Oh no wait..." he said.

"Jack c'mon!" Sam urged. She looked at him curiously till she simultaneously realsied he was trying to get down on one knee at the same time as holding on hand behind his back and also why. Sam laughed. She couldn't help it she just laughed. The sight of Jack trying to balance on one knee, without falling over was just...funny.

"For cryin out loud don't laugh! This is serious!" Jack exclaimed as he finally steadied himself. Sam silenced herself but continued to smile. God she loved this man now more than ever.

"Sam, will you marry me?" Jack asked producing a hula-hoop. Sam giggled

"One two conditions. One you get up off the floor before I start laughing again and two I get a better ring."

Jack jumped up off the floor. "Ya sure ya betcha." He said. Sam smiled

"Yes Jack. She said wrapping her arms around his neck "Yes I will"

Just then the over headlights turned on. They broke away and turned to face the door. Jack put his arm protectively round Sam's shoulder and she let her arm snake around his back and rest on his waist. They both smiled at the figures entering the infirmary.

"Janet."

"George." Jack said, receiving a jab from Sam

"Colonel O'Neill? Major Carter? What in God's name is going on here."

"What do you mean Sir?"

"Well what happened? What am I going to tell Jacob when he returns?"

"Well I don't know about you sir, but I'm going to ask him if he'd mine very much being my father-in-law?

"You know it's against regulations"

"Yes sir, that's why, I nearby announce my resignation."

"Jack!" exclaimed Sam

"Sam, it's ok."

"No, Do you really want to do this Jack? Give up Sg-1? No it's not ok." Sam began

"Major, if I could stop you for a second. Colonel O'Neill..." said General Hammond

"Jack." He corrected

"Ok Jack...Let me interrupt."

"Of course George." Jack grinned.

"Jack, I have no problem with this. I can arrange an all access civilian permit to the base for you. I'm sure the president will agree. You can still me part of Sg-1 with the new commanding officer Major Carter."

"That's very kind of you Sir." Sam smiled

"Your welcome. And congratulations."

"Thank you"

Presently they heard footsteps walking cautiously towards the infirmary.

"10 bucks it's Danny." Jack said smiling at Sam, who shook her head with a laugh but smiled back.

Daniel rounded the corner into the infirmary.

"Sam! You're up!"

"Hi Daniel." She said giving him a hug

"We missed you."

"Hey! Danny boy!" Called Jack

"What is it Jack"

"How d'ya fancy being my best man?" Jack asked with a grin. "Teal'c will be the ring bearer" Daniel's face lit up

"Congratulations guys!"

"Thanks" Jack and Daniel went into deep conversation and Sam turned to Janet.

"You'll be my bridesmaid won't you."

"Of course! I'd be offended if I wasn't."

"And Cassandra."

"I'm sure she'd love to."

"Janet just I'm so damn happy."

The room had quickly become crowded and as Sam looked around at all her closest t friends she felt a pair of eyes on her. She looked up to see Jack smiling straight at her and she walked over to him.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked

"Perfect" she said. They fell into the now familiar position of his arm around her and her arm around his waist. Sam snuggled closer to him and smiled, confident that whatever the future would bring it would only bring them closer.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Saz Ikal