Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

He Couldnt Sleep

by Sauce
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
He Couldnt Sleep

He Couldnt Sleep

by sauce

Title: He Couldnt Sleep
Author: sauce
Email: sarahsauce@yahoo.com
Category: Angst
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

He Couldn't Sleep

The night was hellish, the wind wrapped around the trees and strangled their branches, the rain hit hard, like needles on skin, but he stood waiting.

The light came on in her bedroom, he moved slowly in the dark, trying to keep warm and still remain unseen, some how the light caught a glint of something close and she turned, she saw him.

Their distance since Ba'al had remained a secret, until earlier in the day when a disagreement had become a full-scale shouting match and an eventual fall out.

She stepped closer to the window to see who the man was, she gasped inwardly and smiled gently, her hand reached out and pressed its warmth against the cold hard glass, Jack stepped out of the shadows and stepped closer to the pane of glass which separated him from the woman he had come to call his friend, confidante and a whole lot more, his hand touched to hers through the glass.

Sam looked at the strong hand, which covered hers, she knew she owed him, not just for Ba'al, but for so many different things, she stepped away and headed for the door, Jack instinctively followed and took the hand, which had been offered in silence.

'Your soaked'
'I know'
'Let me get you a towel,' she tried to pull free, but he wouldn't, couldn't let go, she stopped and looked back. His eyes filled with pain, a pain she'd only seen on the dying, so she pulled him with her and they entered her bedroom. He let go so she could get a towel.

'Here, let me' she said as he grabbed the towel, she gently rubbed his hair and head, she could feel the weight drop on her shoulders, as he placed his forehead there.

'All done', she dropped the towel and wordlessly began to undress her CO. The wet clothes were in a pile upon the already damp carpet, Jack stood naked except for his underwear, which thankfully were dry, when she spoke again it was as she touched the scars left on his body by the torture he had endured, a single tear dropped onto her arm as she whispered, 'I'm so sorry'.

His movement was sudden and surprised Sam as his left hand cupped her cheek and wiped the trail of tears from her face, her head lifted but not her eyes, 'Sam, please' she forced herself to look into those eyes and was surprised to see calm once more, 'I said yes for you,' her face pained at the words as did her heart, 'And for me, I love you' His touch disappeared and he stepped back, 'I'm sorry I shouldn't have'
His stumble over his words made her heart leap, that's when she knew, that the line had to be crossed, if only for one night.

Jack watched in awe as she began to undress, his hands firmly by his side unsure on what to do, he wanted to touch the soft pale skin which was being revealed before him, but he was scared, not half as much as Sam was as she stood before her CO naked.

'Sam'
'Come to bed, Jack'
She offered him her hand, in what seemed like an eternity he took it and followed her into the large expanse of a bed, which lay under the dark hellish night. He lay beside his 2IC and wrapped a tentative arm around her slim waist, she tried to stop the tears which dropped onto his arm as she lay there wishing that this could be her life every night.

'Hey,' he gently pushed Sam over so she was lay on her back. 'No more tears, ok'
'No more tears'
Jack smiled and laid his head upon the soft chest of the woman he loved, he placed a gentle kiss and whispered 'Thank you, Daniel'

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to sauce