Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Second Time, The

by Saramund
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Second Time

The Second Time

by Saramund

Summary: Part two of The Dates Series. Sam and Janet have a little chat.
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/13/04

Janet accosted me as I walked to my office. I was already late, arriving well after 0900, much to the amusement of the guards on duty upstairs. I'd scowled in a Major-like fashion at them (which had caused them to remould their faces into something that looked slightly more soldierly) and marched past them, flashing my I.D. as I did so. They didn't move. I'd managed to hold off my `shit-eating' grin (as Col- no, as Jack liked to call it) until the doors on the elevator had closed.

When I'd gotten off at my floor, Janet had been waiting. She'd obviously been pacing back and forth for a while now, considering the glare I received when she saw me. I smiled in return - nothing was going to kill this buzz. Or at least, if anything was, it would have to be a world-endangerment event. I almost sobered at that thought. In my line of work, that could very well happen today. Or any day I was or wasn't at work.

Without a word, Janet followed me into my office, almost slamming the door shut behind her before swinging around and glaring at me. I stared back, biting my inner-cheek to hold in the grin as much as possible.

"Well?" She demanded, stepping towards my desk. I unloaded my laptop and files onto the clean desk, booting it up as I looked up at Janet.

"Well, what?" I asked, pretending confusion. I got the glare again for my troubles. That did it, the grin erupted and I sat down on my chair, knees suddenly week.

"You did! Didn't you!" Janet pounced eagerly on my silent confession. I nodded in reply, a silly giggle erupting from between my lips. Oh god, he'd reduced me to giggling. He was going to pay for that. "Well? When, how, where, how many?"

"Janet!" I laughed in reply, still feeling a blush rise on my cheeks. "You don't want to know all of that."

"Like hell I don't. We've been hanging out for this for seven damn years, Samantha Eloise Carter! Don't deny me my information. Or I'll find some VERY big needles for your next examination." Janet threatening me was not something I should take lightly. "Now, give. It was the second date, so something must have happened. I can't see you waiting too long, let alone the Colonel."

I thought back to the first date, and grinned in reply. Little did she know. Something and EVERYTHING had pretty much happened the first date. But then, on last night's second date, we'd added and expanded.

"Sam!" Janet jolted me back into the present.

"Sorry, Janet. You want details from last night? Well, he was picking me up at 1930 hours, as you know. I'd left early," I grinned at her, knowing full well she knew just how early I'd left, as she'd shooed me off base herself at 1700, "and managed to get ready before he arrived."

"What did you wear? Did you put that red number on, like I told you?" Janet was perched on the desk, leaning in and listening avidly. I grinned back at her.

"Yes, I did. That, some strappy black heels that stood at least four inches high, and.... Mmph. Never mind."

"Sam." Janet glared. I refused to answer. No way was I telling her that the only underwear I'd word was a garter belt for my stockings. NO WAY.

"Anyway, he turned up at around 1915, early as always. I let him in....." I stopped talking, taken back to last night.

"Sam! Dinner! How was the restaurant? What did you talk about? God, Sam - give me details here. I'm living vicariously here, you know." Janet was growling at me. I shook my head and looked at her, processing what she'd just said belatedly.

"Dinner? Restaurant? I have no idea, Janet." I replied, watching her face carefully as I said the next sentence. "We never made it to the restaurant." Janet frowned, staring at me. Then she sat back, frowned, shot her eyes wide in shock, put her hands to her mouth and finally emitted a piercing shriek of glee before jumping up off the desk and grabbing me, pulling me from my chair and dancing me forcibly around the room. I laughed and protested, finally pulling her to a stop.

"Oh my god!" She whispered before squealing again. "So, what happened? Was it good? Is he.... Sam!" I was laughing at her eager questions.

"Well, he saw me in the red dress, he lost all capacity to speak or even think coherently - or so he told me sometime this morning - and then, well, let's just say I found the dress this morning. In my lounge room, under the coffee table." I stopped, and knew she'd ask.

"And the shoes?" Janet supplied the question just as I predicted. I grinned.

"There was one on the light fixture in the hallway. I haven't found the other yet." I snickered, as I'd done this morning when I'd found the first of my shoes. Janet echoed me, and soon we were giggling like teenagers.

"So I'm guessing for a first time, it was pretty spectacular?" Janet surmised. I felt a pang of guilt - neither of us had told anyone that things had gone beyond platonic almost a week ago, on our first date. It hadn't been a conscious decision, more like a desire to keep our new found relationship private, even if just for a while.

"Ahh... It wasn't exactly a first time, Janet." I confessed.

"What?! When?" Janet suddenly barked out, and I glanced up at her, seeing both anger and delight in her expression. Anger, I guessed, at not being told before. Delight that we were finally together.

"Our first date, last weekend. Things just kinda ... went really well." I knew I was grinning inanely, but couldn't seem to stop.

"Really well?" Janet echoed.

"Really well." I confirmed. "Amazingly well. Beyond all possible consideration well." I raised an eyebrow - Teal'c style - as if to ask `do I need to expand?' Just before she answered my silent question, my phone rang. I picked it up without looking, rattling off my rank and surname quickly.

"Hey, Sam." It was Jack. His voice sent a shiver down my spine. Which Janet noticed. I mouthed `Jack' at her, and she nodded, grinned, then mouthed back at me `lunch?', where I nodded and mimed calling her. I knew that I'd get another drilling during our lunch, but that didn't stop me from agreeing. The opposite, in fact. I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell everyone.

"Hi, Jack. What's up?" I asked, knowing that he wouldn't have called me at work for no reason - not when I'd left his side less than half an hour ago, and we were meeting up again tonight to attempt another go at the restaurant.

"Can you tell me why there's one of your black strappy shoe-things in the fridge?"

-fin-

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Saramund