Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sleeping Beauty - SGC Style!

by Sarah Butler
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty

by Kris

TITLE: Sleeping Beauty
AUTHOR: Kris
EMAIL: limegreen_room@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: S/J Romance
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: none
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Sam won't wake up after being attacked off world. Why?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first SG1 fanfic. What do you think?

Daniel shook off the chills of Stargate travel and looked around P3X 369. All he could see were trees. No signs of life. He sighed. He hadn't made any contact with any other cultures for about a week. He turned around to see Jack, Sam and Teal'c step out of the Stargate behind him, their weapons raised.

"No signs of life guys." He said to the three,

"I agree." Said Teal'c.

"Carter, do your stuff." Ordered Jack, her CO. "The sooner we get out of this place, the better."

"Why's that?" Sam asked.

"There's a game on in 3 hours and I don't want to miss it." Said Jack, impatient as usual. Sam and Daniel shared a smile and went on with their analysis of the area.

All went according to plan until Daniel, Jack and Teal'c heard a scream. It sounded like it came from the Stargate.

"Carter?" shouted Jack, rushing towards the Gate, followed closely by Teal'c and Daniel. They arrived to see Sam being held forcefully by a man. He was holding his hand over her forehead, like a gou'ld would when brainwashing someone. Jack rushed over and pulled his hand away. Teal'c held the man back. Daniel instinctively went for the DHD, ready to dial out if necessary.

"What have you done to her?" Jack shouted at the man. The man shouted something back and squirmed out of Teal'c grip away into the forest.

"Dial us out." Jack told Daniel, carrying the unconscious Sam in his arms. Daniel obeyed and SG1 rushed through the Stargate to back home.

Back at the SGC, General Hammond almost ran towards them.

"What in the blazes..." he said but spotting Sam ordered her to be rushed to the infirmary.

Outside the infirmary, Jack and Daniel were pacing the floor, like potential fathers waiting for their child to be born. Teal'c was mediating.

"God, what could have happened to her?" said Jack, throwing himself against a wall.

"I don't know." Replied Daniel, sitting down on a seat. Then he grinned. "You're not worried about her all of a sudden."

"Daniel, this is not the time for jokes." Shouted Jack, red in the face. Daniel cowered under the wrath of his best friend and turned away.

"Gentlemen, follow me please." Said a feminine voice, coming out of the infirmary.

"Doc, what's wrong?" asked Jack, his voice shaking.

"Come with me." Repeated Dr. Frasier and she led them into General Hammond's office.

Once the four men were seated, Dr. Frasier rearranged her papers and stood up.

"There seems to be nothing wrong with Sam. Her pulse, breathing and blood pressure all are normal. It's as if..." he voice trailed off.

"As if what?" Daniel said.

"As if she were asleep." Concluded Frasier. "She's being monitored but we can't seem to wake her up."

"What do you mean?" enquired Jack

"I mean, she won't wake up." Repeated Frasier, looking at her friend with concern.

"We'll see." Said Jack and without waiting to be dismissed, he marched out the door, towards the infirmary.

Once inside, he sought out Sam's bed. He pulled open the curtains and paused. She looked so peaceful. "Doc was right." He thought, Sam did indeed look asleep. He didn't want to wake her. Just look at her for a while longer but the military side of him took over.

"Carter, wake up." He shouted loudly. So loud that the Doctor on the other side of the ward jumped. No response. He shook her gently, "Major Carter, wake up, that is an order!" he bellowed. Still no response. His plan failing, he walked sadly away from her bedside, holding back tears. His best friend was as good as dead.

The next morning, Jack sat in the cafeteria, picking at his breakfast. He didn't feel much like eating. Daniel came over with two cups of coffee.

"Hey." He said dully. "I thought you might want this." And he pushed the coffee towards Jack.

"Thanks." Replied Jack in the same tone. "Didn't sleep much last night."

"Nah, me neither. I was too worried about Sam." Said Daniel, swirling his coffee around in its cup.

"Me too." Answered Jack, staring into his cup. Daniel was surprised to see the glint of a tear, glistening in Jack's eye. He smiled. His suspicions were true.

"Jack." Asked Daniel quietly so no one else would over hear, "Do you like Sam?"

"Of course I like Sam, she's one of my best friends." Snapped Jack. He could tell where this was leading.

"No, no," began Daniel, "Do you LIKE Sam?"

"Do you have to know everything that goes on in my life?" retorted Jack, then falling silent.

Daniel sighed; Jack was one of the bravest people he had ever known and yet he wasn't brave enough to voice his feelings for Sam. Daniel knew that if Sam hadn't joined the military or had joined a different team, she and Jack would have been married long ago or at least together. It reminded him of Sha're, Daniel own wife taken by the Gou'ld. "She's gone Danny-boy." He thought, "But there's someone for you somewhere."

After breakfast, SG1 minus Carter, Dr. Frasier and General Hammond were sitting in the briefing room trying to figure out how to wake Sam up.

"I say we go back and ask that guy what the hell has he done to Sam!" argued Jack. Everyone was surprised to hear him call Sam by her first name rather than "Carter" or "Major". But then they all had the same suspicions Daniel had.

"I do not believe that to be a wise idea O'Neill." Said Teal'c.

"Yeah, Teal'c's right. That man or his people may do the same to you. And that wouldn't help." Added Hammond.

"What exactly happened?" asked Frasier. "I mean, are there any important facts that you can remember?"

"We have told you all that has happened." Shouted Jack, interrupting what Daniel was about to say.

"What were you about to say Dr. Jackson?" asked Hammond, throwing a glare at Jack.

"Like I said, the man shouted something. Now it seems familiar, I think I've heard it someplace before." Answered Daniel, wrinkling up his forehead, trying to remember. "I'll go see if it's in any of my dictionaries." And he dashed out of the room.

"SG1 is on downtime until Major Carter is up and running again." Concluded Hammond. "Dismissed."

A week later, still no one knew what was wrong with Sam. Daniel had checked all of the dictionaries of every language ever written but found nothing.

"It's not out there. Whatever language it was we obviously don't have it." He moaned, rubbing his tired eyes. Jack on the other hand had become quieter as the week progressed. He had spent most of his time in his house alone or sitting by Sam's bedside, trying to figure out why she wouldn't wake up. Teal'c had meditated and was attempting to ask his Gou'ld larvae what would make Sam stay asleep so long. No one had any idea what the problem was.

Two more days passed and Jack and Daniel were sitting in the cafeteria holding cups of coffee.

"I don't know Jack." Said Daniel, "maybe we should start looking for another team member." Jack gave him a glare so powerful that a man twice as powerful as Daniel would have quailed under it.

"We are not having a new team member, no one could replace Sam." Growled Jack.

"OK, OK, just trying to make a joke." Apologised Daniel, looking down at the table. "Maybe, maybe she's Sleeping Beauty."

"What?" asked Jack under his breath.

"You know, girl falls asleep, waits for right guy, right guy comes along, kisses her, everything's fine and dandy. That's it."

"What? What's it?" questioned Jack.

"That's it!" Daniel almost shouted. "Sam needs the right guy to kiss her."

"You need help." Answered Jack, his face showing concern for Daniel's sanity.

"We have to find General Hammond." Said Daniel and he ran out of the cafeteria.

"Hey, wait!" called Jack and he ran after him.

The two burst into General Hammond's office.

"What's all this?" he barked.

"Lakeniuse tireni kingalon beru means someday her prince will come." Answered Daniel, grinning.

"In English?"

"Sam's dream guy has to kiss her and she will wake up." Said Daniel.

"And Sam's dream guy is?" asked Hammond. There was a short pause.

"Jack come with me." Said Daniel and he dragged Jack out of the office towards the infirmary.

They reached the infirmary to be greeted by a confused Dr. Frasier.

"OK Daniel, find Sam's dream guy and bring him here. It's worth a shot." She pondered, looking at Daniel with the same concern as Jack.

"Jack go kiss her."

"What?" exploded Jack.

"Kiss her." Repeated Daniel.

"OK." Replied Jack, liking the idea better by the minute. He got to kiss the girl of his dreams without her knowing. Great. He walked over to the bed and took Sam's hand. "Just saving your life Sam, nothing more." He whispered and kissed her on the lips, not expecting a response.

Suddenly, he felt someone kissing him back. It had to be Sam. She wrapped he arms around him.

"I knew it." said Daniel smiling.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kris